( search forums )
Bots don't obey
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
Raptor
May 9, 2005, 6:30 pm
Hey, I'm new to this site and I have a question (I'm not an english speaker so forgive me for my mispelling...)

Ok

I made a waypoint that tells the bot to jump to get to it, but when the bot jumps, it doesn't follow the other waypoint that continues (right or left). I added some possibilities waypoints, but no... The bot just keeps jumping forever.

Help!

The Geologist
May 9, 2005, 6:49 pm
Take some screenshots of how you have your waypoints constructed on the map you're working on. That would go a long way to explain the nature of your problem.

zambo_the_clown
May 10, 2005, 6:17 pm
either the bot isnt touching the waypoint that tells him to go a certain way after jumping, or either if the bot jumps up and then hits the (right or left) waypoint it doesnt have enough time to move onto that poly before falling back down. heres a good tip, make the left waypoint "jump & left* and the right one *jump & right*. if this fails, then make the bot jet a little bit and go that direction, this always works, make sure you put safety waypoints if you decide to have the bot jet to ensure he hits a waypoint or he will miss the waypoint probably and then keep jetting up into space until jets r out and will continue to do the ame thing over and over.

Raptor
May 13, 2005, 12:38 am
HEY! that works,I just checked it out. But I want them to jump, not to fly...

The Geologist
May 13, 2005, 1:29 am
Depands on the jump. If you want to make your bot jump over a gap, make right or left waypoints up until the gap, and then make the waypoint on the other side of the gap a "up" waypoint with some sort of direction...the boys will jump across to it. If you want the bot to jump up a cliff or embankment, you might need to add a jet waypoint up above the jump waypoint just to be safe.

Raptor
May 13, 2005, 3:22 pm
Hey! since I'm new here, please tell me how to put a picture of the waypoints, so that you all can see it.

zambo_the_clown
May 16, 2005, 6:13 pm
ok, tell us the situation that the bot is in, i.e. is the bot jumping over a gap or jumping upwards to another platform??? or you can take a screenshot to help show us what you are trying to do. just open up the map maker and take a snap shot of the area of the map that the bot is having trouble with.

heres a tip: if the bot is jumping over a gap always put alternative waypoints in the gap incase the bot falls in the gap (waypoints to make the bot fly out of the gap or go an alternative route if in the gap. theres a sticky in the new maps or map maker help forum that can also help you with your situation. ill be glad to help you with your waypoints if you come across any trouble, just send me the map :)

The Geologist
May 20, 2005, 4:12 am
You can't link a picture directly off your computer. Use a site like imageshack.us to host the pictures for you after you upload them to their site.

Raptor
May 20, 2005, 4:23 am
I'm sorry...

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 7:20 pm
[center][b][Red]incredible raptor mi young padawan u must learn a litt more
jajajajajajaja dont worry sincerily ur waypoints are awesome and cant be betters i already make
like 3 more huges maps tell me when and i'll send it

im here raptor and i never will be better to fight
[IMAGE]

Raptor
June 4, 2005, 7:31 pm
Gracias Cobra!

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 9:38 pm
Something tells me Cobra's sig is too large. :-\

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 11:15 pm
HAH! you only have 19 fps in the mapmaker!:D

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 4:10 am
lol i have what????? raptor u finished mi WPs i gonna test mi map

Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:02 am
HEY! I made this thread like a long time ago and nobody has answered my question!!! PLEASE I'm still waiting!

Rambo_6
June 17, 2005, 5:01 am
Just make a bazillion waypoints in that general area. They're bound to follow one of them.

Raptor
June 26, 2005, 4:13 am
Thanks Rambo 6, now I fixed the problem. Hope this helps mappers!

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 10:53 pm
xz