( search forums )
List of Fan-made Map Editors?...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Keron Cyst
May 10, 2005, 5:30 am
Please post a link to any thread that is similar and lock this if it exists, but otherwise, can anyone give me a list of all the more advanced (not necessarily popular) map editors, with details of their benefits over the original map editor :) Specifically, I'm looking for an editor I heard could remove unused scenery from a map's scenery list...

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 5:42 pm
Why would you want another editor?

Keron Cyst
May 16, 2005, 7:58 pm
Because they have many more features than the original, e.g. polygon selection by #, multiple abilities per polygon (e.g. a polygon that hurts and also only blocks soldaten), etc., etc., etc.

Problem is, each map editor has different features, so I want to know which have which so I know which to get. And MapMakerPlus doesn't work for me...

STEELIX
May 16, 2005, 8:34 pm
First install the original map maker, then install mapmaker plus in that same directory. ;)
That is, that's the problem with most chaps.

Keron Cyst
May 17, 2005, 12:53 am
Yeah, I did; they both went to C:\Soldat, which is where my game directory's at...

Raptor
May 17, 2005, 6:30 pm
well... you are right with that Keron... I agree :)

Keron Cyst
May 20, 2005, 5:27 am
*pseudobump*
Can anyone tell me why my Map Maker Pro isn't working? I did install it into my Soldat directory, no different than the official one. Yet it says it can't load the banana.BMP texture and whenever I load maps it loads 'em scenery-less...

Aquarius
May 20, 2005, 6:51 am
Did you put it in the MapMaker folder?

Raptor
May 20, 2005, 1:33 pm
It is true... if you don't put it in the MapMaker folder, it will not work...

Keron Cyst
May 24, 2005, 3:04 am
Awesome! I put it there, and now it works perfectly! B-) Thanks a bunch, all.

EDIT There was some talk about a map editor that could select polygons by #? Can it take you to them if you can't find them? Could someone post a link to that?

EDIT #2 I really need that, please... c'mon, at least one person must know!!

cooz
May 29, 2005, 3:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst*pseudobump*
Can anyone tell me why my Map Maker Pro isn't working? I did install it into my Soldat directory, no different than the official one. Yet it says it can't load the banana.BMP texture and whenever I load maps it loads 'em scenery-less...

there no such program!
i know Meitzi's Map Editor Professional (aka Edit Pro), MapMakerPlus, VisMapper and PolyWorks but none of Map Maker Pro :P

Keron Cyst
May 29, 2005, 5:44 pm
Sorry, I was wrong; that should be MapMaker Plus :-) And I don't need any polygon # selection anymore; I was somehow able to select the polygon (more easily unzoomed than zoomed o.O') and delete it.

cooz
May 29, 2005, 11:28 pm
good job! ;p ^o^