( search forums )
GO TEA....uhh, where's everyone??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Loknar
May 12, 2005, 1:47 am
Hi. I'm quite new here, been playing online like only 2 weeks or something. Just want to share with you guys a nice match I had on the evening.

So it's ctf_equinox, 5 vs 5, both teams are pretty evenly matched...but we, the Alphas, are slowly losing. It's like 1 - 3 I think....then 2-3 Alphas suddenly dc'ed(presumably for RL matters), and now it's 3 vs 5. I thought we should do a last stand or something....but the two other Alphas(one of those our main cappers) DEFECTED to the other side, leaving the poor lil me fighting 6-7 Bravos all by myself, and got horribly owned. :( Hard to defend like 3 ways when you're all alone.

Then match's over(to Bravo), still, I was like, "gg". :P Next map was ctf_kampf, a map that I hated with a passion, but being the lil noob I am, I rushed the enemy flag, killed one, evaded a Barret, but got blown by a M79...uff!! :( And without any resistance, the enemy capped..

0 - 1

All this time everybody who join would instantly change to Bravo...but still, I stubbornly persist, got spawnkilled over and over again.....but never giving up, killing the spawn-campers, destroying all those who attacked, got rushed the 2nd time and die again....ah quick respawn!! ARGHH!! MUST....KILL..THEMMM!!! :<

But I was hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned, :( and I was just a noob...not a pro or something....before suddenly...

Baby^_^Boy joined the Alpha team
Baby^_^Boy returned the Red Flag

MY SAVIOR HAD COME~!!!!! :D Thank God!!

And a few sec after that, when we began to fought back tooth and nail, all of a sudden:

Guy1 joined the Alpha team
Guy2 joined the Alpha team
Guy3 joined the Alpha team

REINFORCEMENTS HAD ARRIVED!!!!!

Without further ado, we get to work:

1 - 1

4 - 1

9 - 1

And at last we won!! :D All my perseverance finally paid off.... *cries*

Though..sometimes I wonder why some players do that....not wanting to change side even though it's clear that they outnumber the enemy... ;( that just sucks....but still, I had fun! And that's the important thing! :D

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 1:56 am
I salute you for your valiant persistence. Also, I like your siggy XD

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 12, 2005, 1:56 am
Yay! Another player who has some honour! I salute you.

I've had one of those moments myself too...hehe, quite similar to yours.

Shades
May 12, 2005, 2:09 am
Yeah, I don't really get why some players are stuck on one side... If I see like 1 red against 5 blues... Who do you think I'm going to go with (no I'm not an insensitive prick)I would go with the reds... or... red.

Gen0cide
May 12, 2005, 2:50 am
You know whats better than your story?Being outnumbered and actually winning!
I was playing (I forget what the maps called..it has the two bases and a tiny hill in the middle,with a tunnel kinda thing on top and a drop to each flag...Bah,howd I forget!)
It was 3 against me,newbs though,and I just stayed in my base and easily defended against them with an HK.I didn't attack because they could go the other way,but I was doing good.Sucked when others joined..

SPARTAN_III
May 12, 2005, 3:13 am
heh, nice one, gen0cide.

and nice job, loknar, on your honour and perseverance. *salutes*

_Mancer_
May 12, 2005, 3:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Loknar...Next map was ctf_kampf, a map that I hated with a passion...

Finally SOMEONE who hates that map as much as I do.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 4:32 am
The reason players like to outnumber others are to look good. Nice story, I'm too lazy to wait a long time though. You wouldn't find me doing what you did. ;)

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 3:38 pm
S4R.. Are you a girl?? everything is PINK!

Shades
May 12, 2005, 3:44 pm
You just noticed that? And who cares if she's(?) a girl? If she(?) likes soldat let her(?) be!

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 6:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHS4R.. Are you a girl?? everything is PINK!

LOL

Nice story Loknar

lastpatriot
May 12, 2005, 8:12 pm
Something like this happened to me once. It was in CTF_Chernobyl, like 3 Alphas(me) to 9 Bravos. We only got 2 captures(the game was 6-2), but those 2 captures were mine.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 8:23 pm
I hate unbalanced teams :-/

STEELIX
May 12, 2005, 9:14 pm
Heh, that rarely happens to me.
I just keep whining about it, and calling the losers names until they change :)

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 9:27 pm
thats one way to handle it... the most common way I believe :P

Alamo
May 13, 2005, 12:19 am
Welcome to the Forums Loknar! Nice story you got there (and funnily written too), I salute you.
And the sig ... hehe, cool.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 6:09 am
haha

yea unbalanced teams usually do suck when your on that end

LazehBoi
May 13, 2005, 6:26 am
You should have changed to the other team so everyone was on one side. That'd show those n00bs.

bond_james_bond
May 15, 2005, 6:25 pm
unblanced teams make it all the more fun!!!

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 5:26 pm
Yes, because a group of 3 real soldat players can be smashing like 20 noobs...