( search forums )
Sold@
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Will
May 12, 2005, 12:02 pm
erm..... yeh..... *scatches back of head and looks guilty*
I kinda said i was gonna do a soldat flash a while ago but i got tied up with another flash that spawned from the Sold@ idea.... so hopefully the flash will be out soon, and Wassow, i will still be using your script dude.

Shades
May 12, 2005, 2:34 pm
Looking foward to it. is it actualy going to look like soldat? Because if it is I would like to know how to do that.

Vijchtidoodah
May 12, 2005, 11:05 pm
Will, if you need help with anything, I can lend a hand.

Shades, you too. If you have Flash MX I can teach you how to do that kind of stuff.

Shades
May 12, 2005, 11:20 pm
Oh yeah, I have Flash MX Pro, and thanks for the offer. I know how to do fbf pretty good, and I know how to tween, just it sucks. So I was wondering how he got the sprites for soldat, like if he made them or if he did print screen a bunch or what.

Vijchtidoodah
May 12, 2005, 11:36 pm
You could just play a demo and set it to extract .bmps. There's information on how to do this in the manual.'

You should either do it in front of a white background or one of the same color as the background that you're going to use. You should also make a blank map with a texture that you don't have so that you don't loose the feet.

Then get the .bmps, crop and edit them, and stick them in flash.

Will
May 14, 2005, 6:36 pm
actually vijcht you dont even need to do that, you can just get the bmp's from the gosteks folder, trace them into flash, put an alpha blended box that is the same size as the image over the top and group them together.
Thats the way im going to do it anyway. :P

Vijchtidoodah
May 14, 2005, 7:24 pm
Yeah, that probably makes more sense, I just wouldn't know how to move the limbs correctly.

By the way, what's an "alpha blended box?" Do you just mean a box that's has a noticable alpha property?

Will
May 15, 2005, 1:23 am
yeah, like a transparency of green for, say, if you wanted a light green hat you would have a alpha value of 20% but if you wanted a darker green you would have say, 80%

Vijchtidoodah
May 15, 2005, 1:27 am
Hmmm...why wouldn't you just change the tint?

Will
May 15, 2005, 10:51 am
cause i always have the colour palette open so it is easier for me to just change the alpha.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 10:52 am
I have flash Mx but i dunno how to use it :))))

Vijchtidoodah
May 15, 2005, 10:56 am
But then you have to make a box, set the color, then set the alpha. If you just use the tint property, all you have to do is pick your color and percent.

Will
May 15, 2005, 11:38 am
psh, between you and me i cant remember where the hell the tint tool is X-D

Elemental
May 15, 2005, 6:42 pm
Ive started a Soldat flash just a few days ago..so far I just have the whole map on it..XD
Took a while to get that map there though..had to first take screenshots of the map in the editor, and i didnt want it to big, so I had to connect the edges perfectly..but, I got it.
Im thinking Im going to make my own soldier do things you cant usually do :P