( search forums )
Ctf_Kampf - Heaven, or Hell!?!?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Loknar
May 13, 2005, 12:52 am
Mmmm...ctf_kampf is one strange map. I'm not sure why, but everytime I play here....either my team owned them totally, or my team GOT owned totally. There never seem to be a fair/close fight here..., and that's why I hate it. :P

Perhaps it's just me though. So....if anyone want to share some tips regarding this one unique map, I'll greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! :D

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 1:27 am
I despise trying to escape with the flag from either base.

peemonkey
May 13, 2005, 2:17 am
minigun + nades + soccom = win. but only for 1 player per team, otherwise it's just really really lame.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 5:55 am
always be red cause the blue flag is at the bottom of a hill (red is at bottom of cliff) so its easier to get the flag and get out.

wait up top untill you see the blue team has engaged in a fire fight with your fellow teammates then swoop in and take the flag

Mini Man
May 13, 2005, 10:19 am
I find it better to be bravo actually, seeing as the blues base is much bigger and quite hard to get out, with Alpha if you get a lucky boost or is you have an m79 it is quite easy to just boost your way out, but on the whole i don't really mind what team im on.

ctf_Kampf - Fun, but annoying :)

bl00dy_n0se
May 13, 2005, 12:25 pm
M79 boost map :S
But if u really know how to boost u'll have succes

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 1:18 pm
I think Kampf is an ok map. but I do think red has advantage on it, wich is bad.

DeMonIc
May 13, 2005, 1:23 pm
Kampf is unbalanced... if you try the basic approach. As I see it, red is the offensive side, while blue is the defensive side.

STEELIX
May 13, 2005, 2:14 pm
It's great for my nade-collider boosting, though :)

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 2:25 pm
Its hard to cap, hence why its called "ctf_struggle"

Avarax
May 13, 2005, 2:55 pm
its one of my favourite maps :p

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 2:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeIts hard to cap, hence why its called "ctf_struggle"

Kampf means fight, not struggle.
Edit: Bah

b00stA
May 13, 2005, 4:03 pm
[code]battle der Kampf
campaign der Kampf [fig.]
combat der Kampf
conflict der Kampf
contest der Kampf
engagement der Kampf
fight der Kampf
fighting der Kampf
strife der Kampf
struggle[/code]

R0L4ND
May 13, 2005, 6:20 pm
b00sta killed Ville Mk.2 with headshot! from PWNT.

Keron Cyst
May 13, 2005, 7:13 pm
It's somewhere in-between for me...

lastpatriot
May 13, 2005, 8:11 pm
I like being Alpha, because the base is higher up, plus on the little cliff above the blue's base, I can jump down and yell "Viva Villa!"

F3nyx
May 13, 2005, 10:01 pm
Kampf is a wonderful, wonderful hell. Including the Barret can be annoying since Blue team just camps on the spawn ledges and has great angles to shoot anything that comes through either entrance. Because health crates are right out in the open, in the middle of the bases, defenders can heal up very easily and tend to get a much better kills/deaths ratio than offensive players. It's very hard to get a flag out of either base... the only real strategy I have is waiting for a new wave of enemies to spawn, and then waiting for them to start running out of the base before I swoop down for the flag. Even better yet, go for the flag while the whole enemy team is busy getting their asses kicked at your base.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 11:09 pm
nah. dont go for the flag when enemies are at ur base. then they respawn when ur down the flag hole of either bases and some heavy greanade rain will follow. ur only chanse then is that your teammates comes to your aid and shoot the naders in the back.

Kazuki
May 14, 2005, 3:18 am
I personally love ctf_Kampf. Besides the fact that it's small, of course. The reason I like it is because usually the scores are tied and the game is tense. Usually in Kampf, the scores in a public game don't reach over 2-2 unless the teams are seriously unbalanced, and I love the competition / challenge.

Basically, it's a team effort. It's easy to get to the flag, but getting out isn't something someone does very often. I've found that it really helps to have some sort of team strategy, such as you keeping out of danger in the flag area while your team comes in from the behind and rapes your opponents, giving you a few seconds (respawn time) to escape.

By the way, thanks for the compliment, Loknar. :D

Shades
May 14, 2005, 4:27 am
Kampf is alright, not my favorite but not my most hated. I do believe that red has an advantage over the blue team, that and the map being so small are the only flaws in my opinion.

Keron Cyst
May 14, 2005, 4:43 am
I think the sides are even, because although Alpha's is steeper, the grenades won't roll down any hill, so they don't go as far into the base as they do on Bravo's. And besides, the northern entrance into the Bravo sector is narrow, perfect for Barretizing :-P So neither side really has an advantage over the other...

Captain Ben
May 14, 2005, 7:39 am
I like it because the map is so crowded and cramped. Especially when you run into the other side's territory and throw all of your nades, shoot your m79 and throw your knife. If it's crowded enough, you'll most likely miss the person upfront shooting at you, but you'll kill 3 or 4 other people! The biggest explosion I ever saw on that map killed 9 people (3 blue, 6 red), because teamkill was on. The 6 red were throwing grenades down near their flag, where the blue were frantically jetting (me as well :p) trying to avoid them, when suddenly,BOOM!! the reds all died, their bodies flying everywhere, while us water niggers smashed into walls at high speeds. It turned out, they fell onto their grenades, thus killing us all.
Quickly after, everyone was like: 'lol' 'whoa' ':D'.
Yes, pointless.

Hoodlum
May 14, 2005, 2:18 pm
I hate Kampf it is to small. Everywhere you turn you get shot at but it is good for 1 on 1's. It sucks when the server is full and your playing on kampf as when you try for the flag someone respawns and you get shot at / wounded / killed.

Loknar
May 14, 2005, 2:22 pm
Ah...you're welcome, Kazuki. :)

Wow...very nice tips guys, thanks!! ;D It won't be fair though if I don't include my own strategy for the map, so here's my tip:

When you're attacking, always take control of the enemy stationary guns!! The reasons being:

1. If you're lagging a bit behind your teammates, your enemy usually don't notice that their own gun is taken.....especially when they're focused at your teammates trying to get the damn flag. Just spray erratically then, making sure to kill a few enemies now and then.....and that would bring us to...

2. ..the fact that people HATE it when their -own- gun is being used against them. So you WILL be the prime target of every enemy M79'er/Barreter/grenadier....and you WILL die. Horribly. :(

However, look on the bright side! Every M79/Barret shots or grenades "wasted" on you would mean one less for your other teammates, thus raising THEIR chances of getting the damn flag! And escaping with it!! Besides, if you're good, you could even avoid their shots, and maybe even live to tell the tale! Just don't be sad if you die...it'll not be in vain, hopefully...

karmazon
May 14, 2005, 10:09 pm
I hate kampf
remove it !

popbob12001
May 15, 2005, 5:50 am
Well mein kampf was hitlers book. It's most likely going to be hard ofcourse. Sorry for getting off topic but hitler was hypocriticle he was treated mostly by jews in his early ages as an orphan, and most likely developed hate for them then. Since most didn't like racisim at the start it was most likely a struggle which could've caused him to write mein kampf.

F3nyx
May 16, 2005, 4:25 am
quote:Originally posted by popbob12001Well mein kampf was hitlers book. It's most likely going to be hard ofcourse. Sorry for getting off topic but ... blah blah blah
Ummm... here's a cookie?

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 1:45 pm
what does that mean? here's a cookie?

vegkl
May 16, 2005, 8:41 pm
having a high position will always be an aventarge.

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 8:42 pm
kampf is fun
i die alot n spawn in base n kill everyone
n saw works wonders here

Lt. Sneezy
May 16, 2005, 8:45 pm
I personally think Kampf is balanced. But, like all maps, teams can make it unfair.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 12:03 am
everytime I play kampf, the blue ends up defending while red goes offansive. when blue kills one red, a new red has entered. and when he dies another one comes. I tried to rewverse it by staying at red base to get more blue to come, but it quickly reversed. that has been my experience many time I played it.

SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 5:52 am
does anyone know the fly through the cieling bug in kampf?

stand near the red base on the platform that is close to the ceiling. chuck all ur nades in front of u and hover with jets. when the nades blow, sometimes u get blown thru ceiling.

Captain Ben
May 17, 2005, 10:41 am
That's fun when you have the flag :P

EspaceeMegadeth
May 17, 2005, 4:57 pm
ctf_kampf is good.....

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 8:48 pm
Dude... that map sux.. So i imagine its hell for me, and heaven for players, who don't appreciate details..
Anyway, ctf_maya rules..