( search forums )
CQC!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
May 13, 2005, 12:17 pm
got this while playing MGS3....

NE way, i want the deagles to be changed into a single gun
(weapon stats not affected, dont worry deagle lovers)

and when you select it with a knife, it makes u hold the knife and gun @ the same time, so when you melee someone, you can do an instant kill with the knife.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 6:03 pm
nah. the deagles shouldnt face a drastic change like that

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 8:27 pm
Yea I agree , its too drastic ...but with that single pistol I'd like it , weird but I'd like it :D:D:D

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 11:24 pm
Dual Deagles forever!

Besides, that's what gives 'em a one up on the Socom.

May 13, 2005, 11:26 pm
The desert eagles were made akimbo for a reason. I remember the good old days when it was the joke weapon that nobody used...

Captain Ben
May 14, 2005, 3:00 am
Perhaps in realistic, they could separate when dropped?

0xSilentx0
May 14, 2005, 4:08 am
I agree Spartan..and I also agree that DOOOM 3 should learn how to tape a flash light to a gun!Stupid people...you gotta use a flashlight sepereatly...

Shades
May 14, 2005, 4:21 am
meh... I don't know man, the idea is cool but I'm a person who likes it being two Deagles, if not two, then it's just another pistol...

Captain Ben
May 14, 2005, 4:32 am
Hell, I'd hate it if it was it nonrealistic. Why did you think I suggested it for realistic :P

Green Barret
May 14, 2005, 5:53 am
Get a single weapon skin. You don't have to wait for an update that won't happen, simply download a skin you'd like and vwa la~ problem solved. It might look strange if 2 bullets fire from a pistol at the same time, but the bullets are so close together it's hardly noticable.

As for the knife idea, it would overpower the already powerful Deagles at close range.

Keron Cyst
May 14, 2005, 8:21 am
Rather, instead of making a weapon combo, you should be able to slap a bayonet onto your AK-74 or whichever weapon.

lastpatriot
May 14, 2005, 12:00 pm
Yeah, I like Keron's idea, even though it would look weird to have an MP5 with a bayonet. Or would weapons like Minigun, MP5, M79 be not able to have bayonets?

P.S. WW1 combat shotguns had bayonets, I think.

Tribersman-FR
May 14, 2005, 12:40 pm
note : the CQC is not use one or 2 gun

the idea of CQC (MGS-3) is Close Quarter Combat

and I think the modding and coding to include the CQC into the game is impossible.

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 14, 2005, 1:12 pm
we need another pistol that isnt a secondary gun anyways...

SPARTAN_III
May 14, 2005, 1:25 pm
i know its been done before, but with CQC, we could finally implement the meat shield, and when you get bored of it, slit his throat.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 11:53 am
This idea can be done when you have a pistol in your hand.
->Good idea

Mini Man
May 15, 2005, 12:56 pm
If you bayonetted something tho...it would give somebody a chance to get 3 weapons, which is a bit unfair.

Another note, seeing as there is only REALLY 3 seconday weapons (Law, Knife & Socom, No one uses the Chainsaw) MM should add another Sec wep?

Keron Cyst
May 15, 2005, 4:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotYeah, I like Keron's idea, even though it would look weird to have an MP5 with a bayonet. Or would weapons like Minigun, MP5, M79 be not able to have bayonets?

P.S. WW1 combat shotguns had bayonets, I think.

Well, I don't really care if it has a bayonet or not, but the action of hitting an enemy with your weapon (go ahead, get up close to 'im and mug 'im :-D) takes too long. You can't hit him if you're both moving in opposite directions, so the animation should go faster. I suggested a bayonet because with that you can simply charge into 'im and impale right away B-)