( search forums )
Lucky Shots
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Raptor
May 13, 2005, 4:33 pm
Have you ever shot randomly and killed someone? I remember I had a M79, I shot to the air, and then someone jumped and got killed by the randomly shot bullet. That mostly happens to me with Stationary Guns. What about you?

LazehBoi
May 13, 2005, 5:49 pm
That happens randomly when i'm playing with the M79. I always fire it randomly just to play with the arc, and people jump in to it. Fun.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 6:07 pm
It was Avarax's De_dust. I was red and fired a law upwards towards the enemy. I killed someone. next round, fresh LAW clip did the same and kill. the round after that nothing, but I did it one more time at Aztec. and ofcourse I have ben spraying wildly and got a lucky kill sometimes ;)

lastpatriot
May 13, 2005, 8:13 pm
In one of the few times I've used the Barret, I shot it across the cliff in CTF_Kampf and hit a Bravo guy.

bl00dy_n0se
May 13, 2005, 9:07 pm
On Publics i often make lucky knife kills :>
It's funny, just have to throw the knife over the rock in front of the red base ^-^

CrapBomba
May 13, 2005, 10:02 pm
I suck with the LAW, so I was hiding in the bushes aiming at a blue team guy, and fired and hit a completely different one, killing him. It was awesome because I didn't get discovered and I still hit somebody but I felt bad because the guy i hit was a mile away from the guy i aimed at and noone was even moving. Nowadays I only use that LAW in close quarters, but not too close ;)

May 13, 2005, 11:25 pm
And people complain about auto spraying when people randomly snap shots off with 1 hit weapons? Pshaw.

Liber_Lupus
May 14, 2005, 12:45 pm
I always kill myself with "lucky" shots. I shoot a law in the air, run towards the enemy, and get blasted into pieces by my law missile.

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 14, 2005, 1:14 pm
i hate sprayers with autos... tho with rugar law or m79 its funny

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 4:04 pm
Well i get bored sometimes and i take a law, aim it up at an arch and fire it. Its mad funny when some one charges at me and they get killed by my law when it comes back down.

I also get random barret shots... just fire into the wind when i got nothing else better to do. Then every one thinks im hacking, nothing new.

Hoodlum
May 14, 2005, 4:06 pm
Happens to me all the time but usually when I am playing with deagles I will shoot up and they will come down and BOOM someone is dead.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 14, 2005, 5:07 pm
i just shoot randomly at somewhere with a ruger and it generally hits someone.Try it and see:))

Raptor
May 14, 2005, 7:10 pm
That also happens to me when I'm in Berserker mode.

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 8:04 pm
yea in any map that has layers i usually throw nades below me and i usually get kills

Raptor
May 15, 2005, 9:16 pm
Hve you done that with Stationary Guns? or the USSCOM?

0xSilentx0
May 15, 2005, 9:27 pm
I accidently picked a barret instead of m79 so I thought "Ehh what the hell"...I randomly shot the barret before I typed in /kill and killed the enemy flagger while my friendly was chasing him and returned the flag 0.0

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 10:46 pm
I've had many (I'm an M79er, you know), but this one was special.

Earlier today, in a teamkill match (this is what I call any match with ff on, since it always ends up with everyone on your team killing each other), I was playing in Kampf with a Barrett, and shot at a teammate up near the top. This hit him, rebounded off the ceiling, and killed the enemy 4 feet behind him, who shot at the same time as me. He ended up killing me as I killed both pf them.

That was a horrible explanation. Here's a picture.
[IMAGE]
I'm green, enemy is blue, teammate is red. Those little things we're holding that look like penises are Barretts. The colored lines are our corresponding bullets.

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 2:56 am
Ohh! now I understand it!!! (Actually the picture was better than the explanation itself)

Green Barret
May 16, 2005, 8:36 am
Lucky shots happen alot. Most people call it spam or cheating but i think not(spam is a different matter).

Anyways, the best lucky shot I had was when I missed a guy with my barret in the middle of ctf_B2b, and that bullet flew to top of the enemy spawning point, where it hit and killed the enemy flag carrier. He kept on calling me a cheater after that, but it was pure luck.

SPARTAN_III
May 16, 2005, 1:17 pm
fuveki, lmao.

and i notice the teammate didnt have a weapon.

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 4:59 pm
Yeah! most of the time I get banned from getting a lucky shot because they think I'm cheating or something like that...

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 9:09 pm
i like to get law n b artillery man on them cs servers
so many kills including teamates xD

Raptor
May 17, 2005, 3:37 pm
Teammates???

DT
May 17, 2005, 3:41 pm
Threw a knife in the air once and i was shooting at someone and the knife hit a guy behind me that was about to shoot me with a barret..... and the guy called me a haxxor to

T-Money
May 21, 2005, 2:59 pm
This has happened to me several times...when I'm "scope-scanning" (using scope on Barret and firing random shot to scan the map) on CTF_Run, I hit someone coming out of the enemy base.

Captain Ben
May 21, 2005, 3:04 pm
I once killed Shivorken with a knife from that middle-hill-thing...
I was flying towards blue from red, when I suddenly saw him with his m79 jetting out from under that hill-thing, going towards red. I just threw my knife down from where I was, and nailed him!
For some reason, I think him and I were aiming for eachother... We were evenly matched :P

Marine
May 22, 2005, 10:45 pm
I love random shots with LAWs and Barrett.

However, I must admit I'm a sucker for Minimi spraying. I can't help it, I mean it's controlled spray, and when we get within range of the enemy's position, I usually try to soften 'em up with some Minimi slugs. I think it's prefectly fine.

GunPowder
May 24, 2005, 10:32 pm
It happens to me a lot in CTF_B2B, when i'm the flagger , I stand on the platform under which everyone respawns, I start Shooting m79 bullets with a lob to get it in the low passage.. I killed like 7 guys with it till now :).. They were all shocked, imagine flying with jetpack then suddenly you find m79 grenades falling on your head .. =D

Felix
May 25, 2005, 5:41 am
It happens all the tiiiiiiiiiime Raptor...

Raptor
May 25, 2005, 1:36 pm
So... that means that I can't ask???

wacko101
May 26, 2005, 2:32 am
i fired a lawed at a bunch of enemies approaching me once and killed 3 coz of the explosion and ppl think i was hacking so they kicked me out....*sigh*

Kyklis
May 26, 2005, 5:53 am
Using the stationary gun isin't so much as a luck shot, as much as a habit. You learn where they come from and fire that way. Its not like a entire map baret shot, but lately ive been getting alot of those. How? I get used to it. I figure out where they might be, and take the shot, hoping I got it right. Lots of the time I kill flag carrier, sure, another guy on that team caps, but then the guy who HAD the flag just screams and yells and swears. Good fun ^^.

__SnoOpy__
May 29, 2005, 6:07 am
I remember once I was in inf_Warehouse
(on the top of the grey mountain)

I threw down a knife and it killed someone. From 10,000 feet..

Deleted User
May 29, 2005, 1:00 pm
I remember when I played inf_warehouse. I was located on the flat battlefield near the red base and entrance of the underground tunnel. I boosted forwards in midair using crouchmode and jetpack... I gained lotsa speed - then, suddenly i am facing 2 guys in front of me, all in midair. I fire my M-79 (i aimed at the 1st dude) , the grenade flies fast but misses the first one AND the second dude, but just when I thought 'damn', their flag carrier emerges from the tunnel, uses jetpack to fly and gets hit by the grenade in the back! Boooom! He got blown into pieces and we laughed so hard that I couldn't play in next 5 mins. What made it so funny was that the grenade was flying over 2 times faster than usual, due to my rocket booster flight.

Mikie1055
May 30, 2005, 11:19 pm
I remember once i was playin with my 7 M7, and I was playin Alpha team. I passed by Leviathin on the bravo team, and I shot at an arc for fun, thinkin it might blow him back enough to get a better shot. The missle landed smack on top of his head.

Spectral
May 31, 2005, 4:18 am
The best part of random shots is hearing the reaction

Raptor
May 31, 2005, 9:43 pm
yea... like "OMG you (please refrain from swearing)ing cheater... you are BANNED!!!"

Spectral
June 1, 2005, 3:13 am
ah and i forgot about the beautifully lucky richochet shots with barret and law. those are tight

Deleted User
June 1, 2005, 9:16 am
Yes, the ricochet... another lucky thing is when you dodge a nade thrown by an enemy, the grenade bounces back and explodes the enemy :D So damn funny.
What makes Barret so irritating must be the awesome random shot hit chance, the bullet is flying so fast it hardly differs from it's original path and so it could fly from one end of a map to another, killing anyone standing in the way. I once saw a double kill happen that way... the guy fired from red base at ctf_b2b and it killed 2 guys at the bridge :D

Norris Scott
June 1, 2005, 10:26 am
One of my favorite things is to get into a tunnel with the LAW and try to ricochete into someone with it. I've killed many people with that tactic, once or twice by accident, lol.

I'll have like one guy reloading his barret and suddenly his teammate comes bursting past him and runs into the LAW shot. What makes it sweeter is I have the Quake mod for my LAW, so it's this huge shell and I can actually see it shoot across. I love it :P

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 1:21 pm
One of my lucky shots was like this:I was playing Teammatch at Bunker level and i had Minigun then i fired 1 bullet to air and it flyed over that bunker straight to Sniper's head and i was at Alpha team and Sniper was at Bravo team and i tied score with my shot and only 10 seconds left

Raptor
June 8, 2005, 5:22 pm
WOW! That was a "Lucky Shot"

Prowler2885
June 9, 2005, 12:01 am
quote:Originally posted by RaptorHave you ever shot randomly and killed someone? I remember I had a M79, I shot to the air, and then someone jumped and got killed by the randomly shot bullet. That mostly happens to me with Stationary Guns. What about you?

My favorite way of combat. Team up "lucky shots" with the M79 and some grenades (cluster preferably) and you have yourself some fun from a gun. ^_^

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 12:40 pm
In open maps, I use law to shoot to the enemy base over the map. Works pretty cool if you had played worms. In horizontal open maps (chernobil) I use ruger to shoot to the enemy continent and usually kill somone. Oh, and of course m79 and nades over da' hill - fun.

STEELIX
July 1, 2005, 12:46 pm
I find no challenge in killing people with no chance of them killing me.

--Slayer--
July 7, 2005, 5:44 pm
1.Once (actually many times) I was guarding the flag-I was with barret.Then I got bored because nobody showed up to get killed lol.Then i started to shoot randomly-still nothing.And I shot again and again until "pop!"-enemys blood everywhere and head on the ground.

2.The second time-same thing,guarding the flag and stuff.I shot 1 guy,but the bullet went in another guy as well.Like into 1 guys stomach and into another guys head.Yea! 2 noobs with 1 bullet.

Raptor
July 7, 2005, 10:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by --Slayer--1.Once (actually many times) I was guarding the flag-I was with barret.Then I got bored because nobody showed up to get killed lol.Then i started to shoot randomly-still nothing.And I shot again and again until "pop!"-enemys blood everywhere and head on the ground.

2.The second time-same thing,guarding the flag and stuff.I shot 1 guy,but the bullet went in another guy as well.Like into 1 guys stomach and into another guys head.Yea! 2 noobs with 1 bullet.

(Again) those were really good "Lucky Shots"... Last time I made one was in a long time ago... I think I lost my luck ;)!

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 12:54 pm
I was trowing a nade in the air and someone jumped. But i didnt kil him.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 5:28 pm
Was playing in a ctf server at ctf_maya and I always passed this one guy over that giant hill in the middle, and usually id give him a bit of damage, and id barrage him with deagle rounds before he was completely out of range....4 times in a row i killed him with a blind barrage of deagle shots. XD

VodkaZombie
July 9, 2005, 7:01 pm
Having two barrets shot them and chopped off two heads simultaneously withought looking.

XWhyX
July 10, 2005, 5:38 pm
I remember when I used to use a law (this was on a custom map) I missed once. I went to shoot the enemy with it, and he was right above my head. I missed shooting the law directly upwards, but missed only by a tad bit
;) Anyways, I said to myself "forget about him, my team will get him before he gets the flag". Well, I was wrong. And I had also forgotten about my law missile. I saw the flagger running back towards me while I was still reloading my law. He took out his knife and threw it at me, killing me, but right when he got by my corpse the law had come down blowing the crap out of him. He flamed me and called me a hacker and yelling "wtf" and stuff. I don't see what made him so angry, I mean his teammate "soldier" still got the flag and scored. :)

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 1:17 pm
Lmao! That has got to be the most funniest shot ive ever heard...

dude
July 11, 2005, 2:15 pm
i waz once playing on the map crashed and i was on the blue team. I respond from dieing and ran along the top to their side. as i came over the ledge to go in the hole for the flag there were three guys. i shot my m79 instantly killing one guys and sending the other two flying. At the same time the guy farthest away shot his m79 but was misguided from being hit and killed him and his teammate next to him. i got the flag and easily scored.

Edit: oh friendly fire WAS on

Keron Cyst
July 11, 2005, 4:24 pm
Stalemate on ctf_b2b. I was at enemy Bravo base's hill and blindly launched my LAW diagonally upwards, like a mortar. It hit the EFC (struck precisely in the center of the ramped diagonal part of the floating boulder) xD

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 4:31 pm
lol i always have that:P

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 6:58 pm
Was in a ctf again, forgot which one but there was this guy using a barret and i despise barrets, so i knifed him after he stupidly missed me, grabbed his barret, and he came back for more, except I didnt know. I randomly fired the barret accidently and he happened to be there in front of my bullet. XD

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 7:45 pm
When I play with ruger and barret, I usually try to get mostly lucky shots, and I do. For example, map - Voland. Just by running from over the bridge, you can kill spawns at the base. And it is even cooler than killing them when they see you...why? Becouse it's harder and takes more skill to calculate the bullets coordinates. The same thing with barret, some people don't get it that it is ment for shooting FAR not for waiting the enemy to get in your sight. Just get far away from the enemy, aim at their spawn continent, and shoot so that the screen follows your bullet, adjust the height so that the bullet gets in enemy base and even bounces. If you have high timing skill and good position in specific map where this works, then you can get uber kills!

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 8:46 pm
Heh, you'd be one of the persons id be dubbing a noob, like the 200 others. A fun thing to do on that one climbing inf map, one guy was on the stationary gun and no one could get up, so i sat on the hill near the offensive base, after 6 tries, i had the perfect coordinates set with a barret and sniped out anyone attempting to mount the gun. Good times...

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 12:55 am
Today on CTF_Equinox I shot some guy with my barret then it bounce off of the ground behind him and hit another guy.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 3:20 am
Hey werent you the guy in the one ctf server that tried to kill me 28462307423 times with deagles and couldnt?

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:02 am
This has got to be the most funniest, lucky throw in the history of luckyness. Ok, I was at ctf_viet, and it was at a stand off with both flags missing. I was rushing in as normal, i was flying towards the base to the right, and just as i hovered over the huge hole, i threw my knife at this guy...missed..darn...he flew past me stupidly, so i continued towards the efc, who was just standing there.

I figured an easy kill since he was stupid enough to be a still target. Well, he jumped up....my knife which i previously threw upwards and missed, came RIGHT down ontop of his head unintentionally..it had to be the most (Please refrain from swearing)ing funniest thing ever..so i returned the flag and we scored! =D

Wish I had a recording~

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 8:48 pm
I always have a bunch of "lucky shots" when I play at ctf_cherinoble. I just sit myself down in my base with a barret (or 2) and zoom out and shoot so the bullit will enter the enimy's base. I kill 15-19 people in a 5 minits usually with these "lucky shots". (I love to follow the bullit and watch it hit 2-3 people I never new were there!!) And the most fun is to watch them cuss and swear because they did'nt know what hit them (again and again and again and...)! :)

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 10:03 pm
Those arent lucky shots, just spawn camping. Get some skill.

VodkaZombie
July 19, 2005, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by DoomdooerI always have a bunch of "lucky shots" when I play at ctf_cherinoble. I just sit myself down in my base with a barret (or 2) and zoom out and shoot so the bullit will enter the enimy's base. I kill 15-19 people in a 5 minits usually with these "lucky shots". (I love to follow the bullit and watch it hit 2-3 people I never new were there!!) And the most fun is to watch them cuss and swear because they did'nt know what hit them (again and again and again and...)! :)

Thank you for demonstrating the art of a sniper.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 12:03 pm
That works much better with ruger. And knowing that I don't run the bottom.

sbu-spyvin
July 20, 2005, 1:38 pm
I had when i throwed my knife in the air to pick a gun from the ground. A few seconds later i saw in Spyvin Killed Blablabl :P

rabidhamster
July 20, 2005, 6:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotIn one of the few times I've used the Barret, I shot it across the cliff in CTF_Kampf and hit a Bravo guy.

i love when that happens...

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 5:03 pm
its funniest with the barret, the best random shot memory i have was were i accidently clicked my mouse and fired my barret so a random bullet went like all the way across the level and i was like oops then it came up * you killed ....* i was laughing for a while

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 4:13 am
Best way to annoy people with spraying from a ruger: On chernobyl take ur ruger and crouch in that little indentation in the main hallway and spray ur ruger down that, you get 7+ kills b4 they will figure it out :P

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 10:37 pm
I sprayed through that hall with a Minigun as a joke. I made so many kills that I had to do it even more and more. They tried to kick me, but they couldn't. So funny.

Raptor
July 25, 2005, 3:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by FluffyThey tried to kick me, but they couldn't.
LOL! I have been in that situation too xD

KeyesBlob
July 26, 2005, 7:07 pm
I was playing on some jungle map (I don't play often so I don't know anything) under the name "Soldier" so everyone would think I was a n00b. A guy was chasing after me and I fired a M79 straight up. He came from above and used his M79 to shoot the cieling (causing him to rocket downwards) and he actually BEAT my M79 as it was falling and collided with it in mid air.

Man that was wierd.

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 7:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideThose arent lucky shots, just spawn camping. Get some skill.

So?? Who cares?? Does anybody really care? I just use a Barret and fire 1 shot instead of using a Minimi and shooting 50. I kill the same amount of people as I would if I wasn't a "spawn camper". And btw I do have skill! Wanna vs me 1 on 1?? at Lagrange. I'lll whoop ur sorry little pink battooky!!

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 4:23 am
that happens alot , that how i usualy get multi's
you get in the croud and start throwing nades and shoot all over the place
that's the best tactic's , the n00bs tactic!

GAMEOVER
July 27, 2005, 7:20 am
Someone tossed a knife in the air and I some how winded up holding it and killed em with their own knife

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 6:13 pm
i remmber that i shoted a spas-12 bullets (1 shot) to a player when i was the only 1 who survived in survive mode, i just randomly shoted and he jumped to the bullets and i won...

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 11:56 pm
One day I throwed a gren and got stucked in the polygons then a guy was just walking under a roof in Inf_fortress and the gren fell above him and killed him.....fun...