( search forums )
Header of the S1v1L
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Teh Panda
May 13, 2005, 7:57 pm
[IMAGE]

Made header of the S1v1L site... Dunno if it stays there.

I'll show it here for that... :o

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 9:24 pm
Oh my garsh, I like it a lot.

Vijchtidoodah
May 13, 2005, 10:43 pm
Lol, yay for internet tutorials.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 11:02 pm
It's Purty

Unlucky 13
May 14, 2005, 10:53 am
Now THAT is art, and it sure suits the point too.

Felix
May 14, 2005, 1:55 pm
nice header

would be funny if you put 2 soldiers at the top of the bowl who fight eachother

Rhombus
May 14, 2005, 6:50 pm
ye, but with swords, or just rifles crossed. I like 1 vs 1, and maybe I'll enter whenever this league gets off the ground.

Vijchtidoodah
May 14, 2005, 7:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13Now THAT is art, and it sure suits the point too.

I'm going to have to argue with you on that point. That is not art.

I'm not saying that it doesn't look interesting or serve it's purpose, but it isn't art. Art is taking your emotions and sticking them onto a canvas. It doesn't have to make sense, or follow the rules, or even look good, but that is not art and I'll tell you why.

First, he didn't put any emotions into it. He just blindly sat there with a mouse and a few buttons. A monkey could do that with very little training.

Second, he didn't do any work. All he did do, was draw a few lines, click on a few points, and he was done. Real art should at least represent some effort to put an abstract thought onto physical media.

Third, he copied two or three different tutorials.

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 7:56 pm
It's better than anything I could do, so I think it's a bit of art. :)

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 8:14 pm
its not that impressive but it is good i mean if he put forth the effort to look at the tutorials and figure out how to do it he deserves some credit

papasurf31
May 15, 2005, 2:19 am
It looks like 4 sperm impregnating the same egg...right?

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 4:14 pm
Cyber-Sperm, or MechaSperm if you prefer

Hoodlum
May 15, 2005, 4:21 pm
The font goes with it very nice.

Good job.

Mini Man
May 15, 2005, 6:26 pm
quote:Orginally Posted by papasurf31
It looks like 4 sperm impregnating the same egg...right?

Your sperm's look like that...?
...Riiighhht.

Nice Drawing btw.

Unlucky 13
May 16, 2005, 6:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodahquote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13Now THAT is art, and it sure suits the point too.

I'm going to have to argue with you on that point. That is not art.

I'm not saying that it doesn't look interesting or serve it's purpose, but it isn't art. Art is taking your emotions and sticking them onto a canvas. It doesn't have to make sense, or follow the rules, or even look good, but that is not art and I'll tell you why.

First, he didn't put any emotions into it. He just blindly sat there with a mouse and a few buttons. A monkey could do that with very little training.

Second, he didn't do any work. All he did do, was draw a few lines, click on a few points, and he was done. Real art should at least represent some effort to put an abstract thought onto physical media.

Third, he copied two or three different tutorials.

You win! I surrender! Anyhow, I liked it, but you seem to make me lose my affection towards it. Damn logic to hell.

Vijchtidoodah
May 16, 2005, 6:58 am
Lol, I just said that it wasn't art. I think it looks great. I especially like the use of that font (I'm curious to know where you got it from). Although it looks like techno-sperm and is a little blank, it'll serve it's purpose wonderfully.

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 4:14 pm
You didn't just say that it wasn't art (which I agree with btw) but you did mention he clicked a few buttons and did no work like a worker monkey. I don't think that's fair.

Vijchtidoodah
May 16, 2005, 4:18 pm
That's perfectly fair. For example, Ruby the elephant painted wonderful looking pieces. It wasn't art, and, in that case, it was something a trained animal did.

Likewise, I could give instructions to a human on how to do the exact same thing to get the exact same results. It would look just as good but would still not be art.

Do you understand what I'm saying, or did I miss the point of you post?

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 4:16 pm
Yes, you did miss the point of my post. I said that it indeed wasn't art, but claiming he put no effort into it was unfair. RTFP, lol.

Vijchtidoodah
May 19, 2005, 12:50 am
Lol, okay, so he did work. Minimal work. For which he gets an entire discussion about what art is in his honor. I think that's a fair trade-off.

Melba
May 19, 2005, 2:08 pm
offtopic:

Aji i really like that header, it looks great.

STEELIX
May 19, 2005, 2:14 pm
No-no-notooorious!

zoldat
May 19, 2005, 2:36 pm
its nice but itsnot.......soldatish