( search forums )
Server Help
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
EspaceeMegadeth
May 14, 2005, 4:53 pm
I'm using dedicated server 2.2.8 and soldat admin i can succesfully login with my admin password and when i open all seing eye ican see my server and play in it.My friends cant see my server in all seing eye and when i give my ip(i dunno its true) they still can't join.Help.

Denacke
May 14, 2005, 5:58 pm
Are you behind a firewall or router?

Are you giving them the right IP? (external IP is needed)

EspaceeMegadeth
May 14, 2005, 6:03 pm
I'm using zone alarm and i've got dsl modem.When soldatserver asks to act as a server i allow it.Help!?!?

mar77a
May 14, 2005, 9:01 pm
You have to set ZoneAlarm to level Mid/Low ...

EspaceeMegadeth
May 14, 2005, 9:33 pm
I will try it.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 8:44 pm
mar77a can it be mid?OK.I'm editing it.There are sometimes lags in my server.(i use avarax's c-s maps) why?.Lags doesn't happen one me.They happen on the people in my server.(not all maps)

My speed is 163.8 kilobits per second but when i host up to 4 people some of them shout lag! lag! lag! or things like that.Need help.

n00bface
May 15, 2005, 10:01 pm
EspaceeMegadeth, instead of posting twice in a row, try and use the edit[IMAGE] (wrong link gah) function to add to your post. Also read the sticky's in this forum to check for information on disabling a router. If you are behind a firewall, you may need to disable it. I've never used ZoneAlarm before, but no matter what you will have to unblock the game port, the gameport+10 (if you have custom maps), and 23083.

quote:There are sometimes lags in my server.(i use avarax's c-s maps) why?.Lags doesn't happen one me.They happen on the people in my server.(not all maps)
That has to do with your connection's upload speed. If it's 128kbps upload, you should only have 4 players or less, anywhere from 6-10 with 512kbps. Take the Bandwidth Speed Test to figure out your upload speed.

quote:My speed is 163.8 kilobits per second but when i host up to 4 people some of them shout lag! lag! lag! or things like that.Need help.

Kilobits!? Then that's hardly better than 56k, so I'm not sure I believe you took the BST..show me the kilobits upload speed, not download speed - and in Kilobits, not KiloBytes.

But if it is indeed 163kbps, you should still be able to host 4 people, as long as they're playing in the same country as the server.

By the way, if you're replying to my post, you don't need to use the edit function! That's just to prevent unwanted spam and organize a thread, but continuing the conversation in edits is getting messy :P

EspaceeMegadeth
May 21, 2005, 11:53 am
Lets say that i have a server.But i dont want american to play in it lets say i want bulgarians or turkish people play in it.Can i setup it?.(not by password)

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 12:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by EspaceeMegadethLets say that i have a server.But i dont want american to play in it lets say i want bulgarians or turkish people play in it.Can i setup it?.(not by password)
only by setting the ping kick to a certain level, or you could configure your firewall to only allow etheopian IP addresses (there is a certain subnet for each country)

EspaceeMegadeth
May 21, 2005, 12:26 pm
what are these?