( search forums )
Ouch. ( A very thorough ass kicking )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Kyklis
May 15, 2005, 5:23 am
Well, I just got back from that USA vs Canada thing. Im not gonna say the score or who won or anything, but I will let you know how I did.

God [IMAGE]ing awful.

I go into it thinking, im pretty good. Im usually 1rst or 2nd or 3rd in ctf soldiers, ill do fine. Bleh. Those guys really showed me what good is. In the first game, i only had 7 kills, 12 behind the 2nd last player. Second game? 9 kills, 1 behind the 2nd last player. And after that, I was
a) not wanted on Canada anymore
b) did not deserve to be on canada anymore
c) the most [IMAGE]ty player there.
Its not until you play agaisnt people like those that you understand how good you are. I could barely do anything. AND no excuses, the server ran perfect, no lag or anything. Im sure many players will remember me and use in billions of n00b jokes ( ex. Dang, im playing worse than kyklis[/]b OR I think [b]kyklis hacked into my computer and started playing for me. ). Well, at least I can laugh at myself :P. Our " coach " wasen't encouraging to me...but cmon. Did I really deserve anything? I sucked worse than myslef :P. Anyways, I guess im gonna have to practice up. Alot. Like for 10 hours a day....I guess I could join tha klibits or whatever it is clan. I mean, with phsycic powers, how can you lose? Anyways, I thought the first game was just a bad game for me. Then I relized I really did suck. I couldn't find the right weapon to use, and couldn't seem to kill someone unless they were weaked and I emptied a entire clip onto them. I got so happy when I almost got away with flag, then someone kills me with grenade. youpi. Well, thats it. Anybody else have something like this happen to them?

_Mancer_
May 15, 2005, 6:11 am
I only saw you play b2b. Its okay to be crappy after you just started ( I think you just started )

Eventually you'll learn how to do things easy and the 'skill' will just come to you.

As for me.. I did terrible on b2b as well. We all have crappy days and we all have good days. So I made sure to make it up in the next rounds. EVERYONE who played in that tournament got owned at one point or another, multiple times I'm sure.

Just keep practicing...just don't practice so much that you don't have time for "life" anymore O:

Kyklis
May 15, 2005, 6:15 am
lol. Actually ive been playing for awhile. Im ussually very close to 1st on U13 or Soldat R us. So wtf :P.

_Mancer_
May 15, 2005, 6:16 am
When did you start?

Kyklis
May 15, 2005, 6:21 am
I started a long time ago, then quit. I think i started again about 3-5 months ago. Maybe its cause I spent the first few months using the baret. I have barely any skill with any other weapon, except MAYBE the ruger.

lastpatriot
May 15, 2005, 12:24 pm
I know what that is like. When I first started(1.1.2), I went onto some sort of public league server, which I can't remember the name. Not knowing what that was, I went in. Ass-whooping.

Hoodlum
May 15, 2005, 2:24 pm
I don't really remember when I started but I do have times like this when I am playing people who have been on for 1+ years but alot of the time I can stand my own but yeah I understand.

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 5:28 pm
I don't kill in soldat, i mostly protect myself, then if I have a chance, I shoot...

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
June 1, 2005, 2:43 pm
Dont worry dude...anyway how many players played?I think the USA vs Canada was a 10vs10 match...If you use barret its hard to be good.Learn to wield another weapon except the barret an auto maybe.Anyways the same happened to me when i first started to play on Gather(urc chan where people do !add and when 6 people type this u get info bout the ip port and pass and then u play)and so i learned to play good because on gather there are no n00bs.But now i've gotten better and im better on the gather and i earned some respect:)
thats only my opinion

Outcast
June 1, 2005, 5:45 pm
Nothing like that really happened to me...i just have bad days sometimes...
Don't worry, what you gotta do is play with the best and don't worry if you suck, eventually you'll get better, "practice" shooting aka playing with people a lot worse then you doesn't bring you any skill, it just gives you a false impression of being good.