( search forums )
Splitscreen and 3D sound
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Robin
May 15, 2005, 10:40 am
It would be great if it would be possible to play multiplayer games offline on splitscreen. One more thing 3D would be nice too.

kwanfei
May 16, 2005, 9:34 pm
First for all, welcome to the forums, new member

to Topic
3D......i hoped you are not talking about to change soldat into a 3D game.....because that would NEVER happen.

(ps. If u really think that way, read the rules b4 u post :P)

Ok, sorry for misunderstanding.

Elemental
May 16, 2005, 9:44 pm
He means 3D sound..but....huh?
Splitscreen, that would be cool, so you could play with your friends if they're over your house :P

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 10:04 pm
3d sound? Ya mean surround sound???? Otherwise, ive never heard of it...and yea, splitscreen would be cool...

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 12:26 am
use search......anyways i dont think robin understands that soldat will stay 2d, and by 3d sound i think meens surround sound, and how would you do split screen, probably with a gamepad but thers no point for it.

Keron Cyst
May 17, 2005, 12:56 am
Split-screen would be impossible unless you had two mouses (I refer to the computer mouse as that in it's pl. form, not "mice" :-P), and for 3D sounds, noise coming from the left does come from the left speaker. Just adjust your speakers so it exaggerates the effect more.

CrapBomba
May 17, 2005, 2:43 am
3D sound is where if your close it is loud and if your far away it's quiter but unlike in soldat it's just a decible frequency change instead of a completley different sound. This only works good with fully 3D games though. It's completley awesome with surround sound enabled though. 3D sound can also be echoed if you're liek a 1337 haxxor XD

Rhombus
May 17, 2005, 7:05 am
It would be nice to know if somebody fires a shot, where it is from, but i think that already happens, I am not sure. Splitscreen is just...silly, and CrapBomba, it looks like a dromedary (you know, a camel with only one bump.)

Captain Ben
May 17, 2005, 9:23 am
Slitscreen on the net would be fun, but you'd need 2 mouses (:P) and the graphic would have to be downsized a bit.

i am ahab
May 17, 2005, 10:05 am
*gags self to prevent tongue lashing*

zambo_the_clown
May 17, 2005, 6:03 pm
ive never heard of 3d sound, i thought if something was 3d it had to have 3 deminsions depth, width, and length :P

SERIAL KILLeR
May 17, 2005, 6:18 pm
Dolby Surround?

zambo_the_clown
May 17, 2005, 6:31 pm
no surround sound doesnt mean 3d sound just means more speakers and dolby is the quality of sound as in it has a high Hz level of sound. if you want the sounds to start to fade away as you get farther away from gun fire then there is an option in the options tab for you to select that called "distant something" can remember at the second. as for the split screen, this would be dumb cuz you would know where the other player is. best thing to do it hook 2 or more computers together by lan and play against others.

SERIAL KILLeR
May 17, 2005, 7:11 pm
Oh your right it was dolby Digital i meant.

But would be useless to hear sounds behind and in front of because soldat is 2d its more for 3D games.