( search forums )
Movie incidents involving death
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
R0L4ND
May 15, 2005, 8:38 pm
Hay. I just saw "Total Recall" again yesterday, which brought back some thoughts I had - funny death incidents (if the words "funny" and "death" can ever be linked together. "Total Recall" is, by far, the most excessively violent movie I've ever seen. In fact, to such extents, that it's often ludicrously funny. Therefore, I've created this thread to create different categories about on-screen deaths, and you tipping off your opinion on them. I'll just go ahead and start.

Most excessive on-screen death (In the style of "Allright! Allright! We get that he's dead!"): "Total Recall" claims this one. Schwarzenegger is stuck in an escalator, three UZI-toting villains run after him. One poor sap is in between them and is, almost literally, shot to pieces by the three villains. I mean, I'm talking a minimum of 60 shots applied to his torso! Director got his point across real good on this one.

Most brutal escape in the history of movies: "Total Recall" nails another one. Strapped into a chair that's supposed to brainwash him, Schwarzenegger goes berzerk. He rips loose one of the metal things that were used to restrain him into the chair, and it seems that it was bolted into the chair by a long nail. A scientist tries to stop him, causing Arnie to slam the giant metal hand-restrainer (along with the metal spike) into the throat of the scientist. The result is an enormous gashing wound, spewing blood, in the throat of the scientist. Another couple of scientists come running to stop him - Arnie dispatches them with some ol' fist-slinging. Now comes the real shocker - the last scientist gets a frickin' metal rod shoved up his cranium in a funny angle, again with blood-spewing results. It's even worse than it sounds.

Funniest on-screen death: This one goes to "Out of Sight". Since I didn't see it from the beginning, I don't know the full set of events leading up to the incident, but I'll do my best.
There's this big-boned, clumsy guy who's the antagonist of George Clooney. When they all break into a house, the clumsy guy has Clooney in his sights. "Don't move", he warns Clooney, and proceeds to walk up the stairs to handcuff him. Guess what happens, if not that he trips on the frickin' stairs and blows his on head off! It may not seem that funny, but if you've seen the movie, you'll definately know what I'm talking about. It's as if all his clumsiness peaked into a climax, leading to his hilarious demise.

Best firefights: Many movies are up to par for this one.

Heat - intro, final bankrobbing scene.

Equilibrium - every firefight in this movie looks cool.

The way of the gun - despite the plot being a f%ยค#ing mess, this movie
had some extremely well-done firefights.

Feel free to nominate your own nominees in the categories I've mentioned, as well as adding your own categories. Just keep in mind to keep it on topic.

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 9:08 pm
I think Pulp Fiction has the funniest on screen death

Cookie`
May 15, 2005, 10:04 pm
Most brutal escape goes to The Great Escape, j00 m0ran

Funniest Death goes to Fubar!

The headfirst dive into the river is classic :P If you havnt seen this i strongly recommend doing so

papasurf31
May 15, 2005, 10:44 pm
The Matrix Revolutions massive "future segways" vs. squids fight has to one of the greatest firefights ever. And that movie with the gun toting priests who try to elminate emotion and artwork and crap, that ahd some kick-ass gunfights. Forgot the name though...

lastpatriot
May 16, 2005, 12:55 am
Equilibrium?

Funniest deaths...

Pulp Fiction, well after the death. "What does it feel like to kill a man with your bare hands?" "Feels pretty good."

The castle guards in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", in which Lancelot charges towards the castle with a drumroll, the guards have some sort of eye problem, because they see him all the way back down the hill charging again with the drums, this repeats, then both guards are stabbed in the head.

FliesLikeABrick
May 16, 2005, 1:51 am
Equilibrium is the movie he was talking about, that was a great movie all around.

Pulp fiction was an amazing movie, but what death is the funniest onscreen death?

Alamo
May 16, 2005, 2:01 am
Highest Kill-Count: Definitely Braindeath. The hero gets his lanwmower, attaches a rope to it so he can sling it around his chest with the blades turning vertically in front of him and walks through masses of zombies, shreddering every single one of them to bloody pieces.

Cookie`
May 16, 2005, 3:16 am
All right the holy grail wedding scene is up there :P

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick

Pulp fiction was an amazing movie, but what death is the funniest onscreen death?

The part where John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson are in their car with Phil Lamarr and they're just talking to eachother about whether or not they'd just witnessed divine intervention.

Travolta reaches over his seat with his gun in his hand and asks Phil what he thinks, but as he does their car hits a bump and Travolta accidentially blows the Phil's head off.

It might just be me, but I thought that was the funniest-on screen death. Not so much "Ha Ha" funny, but it was just the ultimate irony

Vijchtidoodah
May 16, 2005, 4:01 am
Lol.

peemonkey
May 16, 2005, 8:06 am
best firefight is in predator. elite commando team minus 1 vs. a bunch of leaves in the jungle :D
that one from pulp fiction was pretty funny, but ive seen better ones :P

Best Ballistic Knife Going Into a Man's Chest: Commando XD

Green Barret
May 16, 2005, 8:17 am
You guys are leaving out Band of Brothers. Although it isn't a movie(it's a 10 episode TV series), anyone whos watched it would agree on it's awesome action scenes.

Best World War 2 action movie - Band of Brothers

R0L4ND
May 16, 2005, 10:58 am
It would be good to make a THOROUGH DESCRIPTION OF EVERY NOMINEE that you make. Bear in mind that not all people know what you're referring to, or even seen the movie you're talking about. Alamo made a good example of what I wish all nominating posts to be like.

Rhombus
May 16, 2005, 4:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriot

The castle guards in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", in which Lancelot charges towards the castle with a drumroll, the guards have some sort of eye problem, because they see him all the way back down the hill charging again with the drums, this repeats, then both guards are stabbed in the head.

Actually, he didn't stab them both, and he didn't stab anybody in his head. He ran, stabbed the right guard (on screen it was the left one), and ran through the gate. The only thing the other guard did was say: "hey" in a pretty funny way. Don't tell me about monty python and the holy grail, cuz I got a good memory, love the movie and saw it thrice. Your turn :p

By the way, has anybody ever seen these babies?:
Madness: redeemer
Madness: avenger
Madness: apotheosis
madness: depredation
All 4 of em are full of cool kills. You can find all madness movies (including Mashmellow madness and madness combat) apart from depredation in www.madnesscombat.com
Find depredation on newgrounds.

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 5:22 pm
Equilibrium is the best movie ever John Preston kills 256 people in the movie

the Brandt death was almost the best though

The Clerics are freaking awesome hence the name Cleric Achilles and my signature "Equilibrium + Troy = Cleric Achilles"

Troy has a lot of good death scenes in it also

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 16, 2005, 5:26 pm
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels
or Snatch

have funny kilss in lol

BManx2000
May 16, 2005, 7:56 pm
Bah. I don't watch a lot of movies, and the ones I do watch in theatres or at home aren't violent (parents would not approve), so the most violent movies I've watched are "The Untouchables" and "The Patriot", and that was in school (?)

lastpatriot
May 16, 2005, 8:40 pm
Speaking of Band of Brothers, what is the best death? Hoob shooting himself with the Luger? He plops down on the gorund, and it discharges.

Cookie`
May 16, 2005, 9:10 pm
The Untouchables is great ^^ Man u people Best World War 2 Movie : The Great Escape! Pwnt!!

peemonkey
May 16, 2005, 10:23 pm
^much better than that band of brothers [IMAGE]. that was too touchy-feelly for me. Hogan's Heros kicks ass in a general matter though :D

FliesLikeABrick
May 17, 2005, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Swazoquote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick

The part where John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson are in their car with Phil Lamarr and they're just talking to eachother about whether or not they'd just witnessed divine intervention.

Travolta reaches over his seat with his gun in his hand and asks Phil what he thinks, but as he does their car hits a bump and Travolta accidentially blows the Phil's head off.

It might just be me, but I thought that was the funniest-on screen death. Not so much "Ha Ha" funny, but it was just the ultimate irony

damn skippy :P

another one that is up there is the cat's untimely exit in Boondock Saints

SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 4:42 pm
best gibbyness award goes to happy tree friends.

May 17, 2005, 4:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIbest gibbyness award goes to happy tree friends.

Seconded.

I vote Shaun of the dead for funniest on-screen death. The bit in the pub where Dylan Morran's character is pulled through the window and visibly opened up is sheer hilarity.

Cookie`
May 17, 2005, 9:01 pm
ugh that was icky :P

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 10:17 pm
Oooo that was a good movie, MUCH, MUCH better than the movie that it was mocking, Dawn of the Dead <-(Please refrain from swearing)ty Ass Movie

?
May 18, 2005, 6:45 pm
Coolest on screen deaths are the 3 people that were killed because they opened The Ark in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, the soldiers deaths were not that cool.

peemonkey
May 19, 2005, 12:24 am
*melts away in agreement*

Vijchtidoodah
May 19, 2005, 1:02 am
Along the same lines as ?'s, the unfortunate soul who has his beating heart pulled out of his chest by that crazy, monkey brain eating madman in The Temple of Doom.

[IMAGE]

Kali maa, Kali maa, Kali maa shakti dey!

R0L4ND
May 19, 2005, 3:14 pm
I just saw the Cube-movies. DANG. Those are some fudged up ways to die they have in those movies!