( search forums )
4 things
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 6:13 am
1: A flash grenade, such as the CS flash grenade but just making your screen blurry for a few seconds.

2: New weapon (Skull) its a melee weapon that you can also throw but does very little damage when thrown

3: KO, I think it would be cool if maybe you get hit by a skull you get knocked out. Maybe in realistic mode when you fall from a small cliff (not deadly) you fall and stay on the ground for a bit.

4: Symbols, In the scoreboard maybe have a little symbol before your name. This would be kinda cool just cause it would give a more customized look to soldat and would make it look more appealing.

zyxstand
May 16, 2005, 10:21 pm
flash greandeds have been suggested MANY times b4 (i believe i even brought this up)

hmm you must not have thought through those...join a knife only server if you wanna play melee weapon-type games - otherwise a new and weak melee weapon would be totally pointless...

you mean like temporarily immobility??? don like it - u play too much halo (though its a great game)

if i understood you right, then i'd have to say there already is a little white circle next to your name just so you can find your name on the F1 easier...

Hoodlum
May 16, 2005, 10:39 pm
I like the flash grenage idea but the KO idea is a bit bad as sometimes you have to jump off a cliff and if you get KO'd then once the point you could just say "I'll stand still, shoot me".

The Geologist
May 16, 2005, 10:46 pm
1) No, been suggested 12220000000000 times
2) No, was already suggested in the "use body parts as weapons" topic recently.
3) See above
4) Do you play Soldat for the appeal of the F1 score screen? I sure as hell don't.

Michal
May 17, 2005, 12:09 am
3 and 4 are not bad...
I especially like the idea of being knocked out. In some situations it makes more sense such as being punched or falling from a height in realistic. Just like with an explosion you lose hearing, I think it would be cool to momentarily lose consiousness (only for a second or two). I imagine the screen fading to black and then reappearing. Of course it would have to be limited to only a few things or it could get very annoying.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 12:30 am
i like the KO idea and the icon idea, but not that much

Keron Cyst
May 17, 2005, 12:54 am
I like #3 the most out of 'em all.

SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 2:50 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist1) No, been suggested 12220000000000 times

i thought it was 32572572752065118023

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 3:00 am
yea i imagined the flash grenade would of been suggested the many times but i figured i owuld put it up there anyways

boredom suggestion really

i dont play halo at all even though halo doesnt have the KO effect.

quote:4) Do you play Soldat for the appeal of the F1 score screen? I sure as hell don't.
no its just that i think it would be a good idea to customize it and make it more appealing

Captain Ben
May 17, 2005, 9:25 am
I like the stun idea... perhaps 1 out of every 100 times an explosion occurs near you, your body flops around, falls to the ground and gets up. The skull idea would be funny, but perhaps as an option.

Green Barret
May 17, 2005, 10:23 am
1)No. Doesn't fit Soldat's 2D vision.

2)Nay. No need for new weapons over such an idea.

3)I agree in some ways. Maybe this effect can happen when you get fisted or hit by a grenade(very small chance of it).

4)Maybe this should be allowed for registered users only. It would give people more reasons to register(um... ok -_-;;).

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 1:13 pm
why wouldnt the flash fit into the 2D vision it would make the whole screen white

yes the icon should only be for registered users
maybe instead of the star you can pick from a multiple of symbols

DT
May 17, 2005, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cleric Achilles1: A flash grenade, such as the CS flash grenade but just making your screen blurry for a few seconds.

no
quote:
2: New weapon (Skull) its a melee weapon that you can also throw but does very little damage when thrown

skull? play soldat more and know that a skull is... just retarded...
quote:
3: KO, I think it would be cool if maybe you get hit by a skull you get knocked out. Maybe in realistic mode when you fall from a small cliff (not deadly) you fall and stay on the ground for a bit.

like my above answer
quote:
4: Symbols, In the scoreboard maybe have a little symbol before your name. This would be kinda cool just cause it would give a more customized look to soldat and would make it look more appealing.

no

you should read the forums more and polay soldat more...

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 5:18 pm
i play soldat plenty enough and im on the forums quite often

quote:boredom suggestion really
if you would of read that you would of understood why i suggested the top 2 but i would like to see the 3rd and 4th in soldat but oh well

Keron Cyst
May 17, 2005, 8:38 pm
DT, that's pretty sad. Aside from #2 (which isn't even really one in the first place), you didn't put any reasons at all why you don't think they should be put in...

The Geologist
May 17, 2005, 8:46 pm
I'm guessing it's because some of those suggestions were already shot down in other topics (like the 1209090090 flash grenade topics, the body parts topic, etc). Some ideas are just so bad it's not worth pointing out why. People just say "Oh yeah, this would be cool, let's add all these customizable options and server side options", yet rarely do a lick of work to show how it could work or why it would even be worthwhile to impliment. And no, "it'd be more appealing" doesn't do either of those things.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cleric Achilles1: A flash grenade, such as the CS flash grenade but just making your screen blurry for a few seconds.

I like you last idea... I disagree with the others though!

Harwin
May 20, 2005, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cleric Achilleswhy wouldnt the flash fit into the 2D vision it would make the whole screen white

yes the icon should only be for registered users
maybe instead of the star you can pick from a multiple of symbols

Well, if the entire screen gets white, what are the pros with using it? I mean since everyone get their eyesight messed up.

Maybe if it was like in Realistic mode, if you don't watch it, you dont see it. Like if you look in the other direction than the flash, it looks normal (just gets a bit brighter but not like all white.)

But i dont know about it anyway, i dont think it would do much good.

DT
May 20, 2005, 8:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystDT, that's pretty sad. Aside from #2 (which isn't even really one in the first place), you didn't put any reasons at all why you don't think they should be put in...

don't need to.. thier just don't fit soldat at all...
except mabye the flash nade but thats from conter strike and CS + soldat = lamness
the symbol for your name is not needed... IT would be cool but nah.
and 2 and 3? a skull?

UltraMagnus
May 20, 2005, 9:10 pm
i really like the flashbangs idea (i have never played cs)

Raptor
May 20, 2005, 9:36 pm
I've played cs and I like the flashbang idea!!!

lastpatriot
May 21, 2005, 12:16 pm
I only like 3.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 21, 2005, 12:28 pm
Flash grenade has been suggested many times...

Captain Ben
May 21, 2005, 1:34 pm
If it ever did get put in, it'd be pretty irritating, though. Imagine chasing a flagger...