( search forums )
Allow spawn with one weapon only
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Iori Branford
May 16, 2005, 11:14 am
It'd be nice if you could leave one weapon slot empty at spawntime, just as a convenience for players who like to weapon-scavenge. That way you needn't fumble about switching to and dropping an unwanted weapon before you pick up the new one.

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 10:09 pm
...or you could just drop the unwanted weapon at the beginning, but, whatever floats your boat.

AerialAssault
May 16, 2005, 10:14 pm
are you really that lazy? is pressing F that hard?

i am ahab
May 17, 2005, 10:10 am
lol youve just reminded me of all the times ive thrown my primary away accidently whilst trying to swop only to be raped by incoming sodomites.
or all the times ive pressed q to go for a good ol knife chuck then hit my throw button only to see my gun go arching towards someone.
and then you get that feeling in your gut.
'oh no...'

on a side note itd be funny if you hit someone with your gun and they said 'owwwwww!' in a camp 70's way...

---EDIT!
joking of course...

DT
May 17, 2005, 3:20 pm
just get a law and use it and throw it away and pick up a random weapon...
or a knife...
or throw it all away and become the unarmed man

SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 3:28 pm
gah why would u want an empty slot anyway. weapons>fist

kkazican
May 17, 2005, 10:43 pm
Yeah obviously you didn't read the whole post Spartan so allow me to laugh at you and insult you ..... stupid jerk ..... alright now having an empty weapon slot is just lazy unless mike changes it so in the character profile you can select no secondary weapon to start off with so you can change your mind in game. I still think you are just too lazy though.

Melba
May 17, 2005, 11:33 pm
no
no no no
no no no no no
no no no no no no no
no no no no no no no no no

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 12:18 am
um............ NO

Captain Ben
May 20, 2005, 9:51 am
It'd be nice if you could spawn with two secondaries: Knife + Socom.

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 10:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Iori BranfordIt'd be nice if you could leave one weapon slot empty at spawntime, just as a convenience for players who like to weapon-scavenge. That way you needn't fumble about switching to and dropping an unwanted weapon before you pick up the new one.

sounds like a good Idea... I support it.

Jamesmax0
May 25, 2005, 2:38 am
It does seem like a good idea. i support it

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 2:46 am
i think it would be a conflict because some people just like to run out of their base and kill people...and others scavenge. i think people would rather just run out and kill. but it would be a good idea
i support it
Edit: there should be a selector on the weapon menu. click the button and you spawn without a secondary weapon

lastpatriot
May 25, 2005, 11:44 am
I like FD's amendment.

wacko101
May 26, 2005, 2:48 am
who cares....just don't spawn at all .. I hate SPAWNERS

Keron Cyst
May 26, 2005, 3:03 am
quote:Originally posted by wacko101who cares....just don't spawn at all .. I hate SPAWNERS
Where the heck did that come from? I think you posted just from reading the topic title, not even the actual post. Anyways, I think this should only be in Options, if at all; selecting nothingness on the weapon menu is a waste of space. Still, I don't see why you can't just quickly discard the Combat Knife, which throws faster than other weapons...