( search forums )
(moved) Possible Cheating - WHY???
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Merach
May 16, 2005, 8:54 pm
Hello dudes:
Maybe this post should be in Report Bugs section, but there surely there are many posts about and I want to comment a personal situation, not a general complain.
Ok, that is, I get banned so often cause servers detects possible cheating on me. I know it is a bug, but can I do something to get banned less times? DoG members are tired getting banns out, and I just get banned in other server. What rules follow the Possible Cheating kick? If I change my computer would be better (less banns)? I need a better connection? (well, sure I need it, many people complain about my ping (150 more or less))
Well, no more comments about, I've never cheated, ppl who knows me know it, I hope :P.
Have fun

Swebonny
May 17, 2005, 2:41 pm
Yeah..I has happend before. The problem is that when it lags. Like this:
If you use cheat like rapidfire every bullet is like lag. So when you shoot 1000 sniperbullet on 1 time it will be lag. And the server will probably kick you.
And the same with internet lag. When you lag it think you cheat.

That is why.. i hope you understand me. Else someone can explain better..

b00stA
May 17, 2005, 2:50 pm
Merach, there's not much either you or Michal can do.

However you can try optimizing your connection by using this guide by morpheus:
http://soldatforums.com/faq2.asp?cat=6#FAQid50
Good luck.

Merach
May 19, 2005, 9:12 am
Thanks mates.
More peopple say me I lag, but I don't understand so much why. My ping isn't so high, 130-150 or something, and I've never being kicked due to ping limit exceded. Normally I can deal with this ping, but whatever, seems reasonable to think that Possible Cheating is due to my laggy connection. Does someone think that a P III 800 MHz CPU is not enough to play soldat "easily"? I think computer could be one thing involved in that problem. Eventhough, I have this problem in some servers, not in all or almost all servers I play.
Nevermind, thanks.