( search forums )
CTF_Canyonlands (link fixed)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
The Geologist
May 16, 2005, 10:42 pm
This map was a long time in the making. Partially because of school and not being able to give the map attention, and partially because this is my first time releasing a map after tinkering with a somewhat 3D feel. I have to admit...I lost my push to complete this map a good ways into the project (thus the odd looking sides), yet I wanted to make sure this map got released. I'll be leaving for field camp soon so I won't be around for roughly a month or two, making this my last release for the time being. Here's the breakdown:

*CTF ready
*Waypointed (roughly..bots score, but it's a large map)
*A few custom sceneries, all included in the download. A big thanks to whomever made some of these, as I have forgotten.
*Good for 8-14 players
* ~1200 poly count, definately the largest map I've ever made.

Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Screenie 3 (for Keron)
Overview

Download

Let me know if there are any problems or missing sceneries. This map was created to express my experience in Canyonlands, whether or not the color appeals to people isn't of my concern. Hope you can enjoy it.

Edit: After some poly problems, I've put the download up again. There's also a wireframe screenshot of one of the tunnels. Basically the black areas are all tunnels, and you can walk behind/through the lower pillars.

Edit 2: Turn off pop up blockers to download
Edit 3: Apparently someone else just made a ctf_canyon :/ So the name ws changed to canyonlands. Redownload if you want, it's only a map name change.

Avarax
May 16, 2005, 10:53 pm
what can i say...
nice 3d shading :D
i'd like to see more scenerys though.
as i can tell from the screenshot, gameplay will be 100% balanced and nice.

Maxx
May 16, 2005, 11:25 pm
Wow, huge map.
The 3d thing looks cool, but it always tends to look a little weird in a 2d game.
But still, very, very great and huge and awesome.
Good job.
Again.
=D

Keron Cyst
May 17, 2005, 12:57 am
3D like that owns, but the first screenshot makes it disorienting as to where soldaten can travel :-P Can you post a screenshot of that same area, but in Wireframe Mode?

Felix
May 17, 2005, 5:35 am
very nice. i cant dl it

The Geologist
May 17, 2005, 5:39 am
Try turning your pop-up blocker off if you have one.

Felix
May 17, 2005, 5:45 am
ok ty!

it works now

.alex.oner.
May 17, 2005, 7:48 am
woha, looks seexaah!!and it looks like it will flow in game very well.. nice job!!!

Boxo
May 17, 2005, 12:42 pm
pwnage, as usual.

Maxx
May 17, 2005, 10:06 pm
I turned off the friking pop-up blocker, and stil, nothing comes up.

eagleclaw364
May 17, 2005, 10:41 pm
All I can say is... Funky colours dude! Looks nice! Might dl it sometime.

I love the 3D effect on top of the pillars/mountains, whatever they are. :P Good job.

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 12:24 am
wow! i dunno how i missed this...very colorful....very bright....it all seems to match...its so different but it looks very nice from a gaming standpoint....very nice to see a great map from you...keep up your great everything

The Geologist
May 18, 2005, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by MaxxI turned off the friking pop-up blocker, and stil, nothing comes up.

Click on the Canyon link in my profile, that should help.

And thanks for all your comments...I'm glad the map is liked thus far, and I hope you're actually playing it before commenting ;D

Maxx
May 18, 2005, 2:05 am
Now that i've played it, this has a fun layout, and the fade-to-black tunnels are awesome.

And it actually has waypoints!
Thank you.

This gonna be on any servers?

IlIdan
May 28, 2005, 7:55 am
very nice map

nice

theme is good ^^

Darkspirit
May 28, 2005, 3:20 pm
OMG!!! If the map wasn't too huge, i'm sure that you won next version new maps contest!!

Give it 0/10 through, because i'm jealous :D

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 5:23 pm
yes, very nice map. enter it in the contest.

Darkspirit
May 29, 2005, 1:42 am
I have a question, how many time that you spent to make this map?? We see u spent a lot of time on it but i just want to know :P

karmazon
May 29, 2005, 4:09 am
It's the shiznit, Geologist you're the pimpizzle fo shizzle and all by geozizzle

EmDzej
May 29, 2005, 10:12 am
Looks very nice, GJ!

caliber
June 5, 2005, 3:34 am
holy crap, OWNAGE 3D! *Download time*

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 3:36 am
Looks realy good, I like the 3d theme

Darkspirit
June 10, 2005, 1:06 am
WTH!! When I want to download it, I click on Download and it lead to an Upload page :/

Can someone help me?

Edit: That means that I can't downloald it

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 11:26 am
Darkspirit: Try reading the thread in future ;)
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistTry turning your pop-up blocker off if you have one.

Geologist: I love the shading effects, but I don't like the funky colours :( sorry

Deleted User
February 3, 2006, 1:27 am
Screenshots links OFF!