( search forums )
I know the lobby is down (I guess), but...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Unlucky 13
May 17, 2005, 6:55 am
Today, I decided I would have some free time on Soldat, considering it had been about a month since playing it. So, jumping into Soldat, I hit request servers. Nothing. Hit again. Nothing. So I guessed the lobby was down. THAT was the minor bit. THIS is why the help is needed.
So I went to b00stA's backup lobby, and, low-and-behold, iiNet has 1 free space left. Hitting it, Firefox boots up Soldat and jumps to the lobby. There I wait. And wait. And wait. The IP seemed to be correct and all, but it was still "Requesting Game...".
I haven't changed my connection in that month, haven't played Soldat, but can join a LAN game, as I did a second or two ago. lobby_servers.txt is normal, with Selfkill and the official lobby there, and I reinstalled just for good measure.
Nothing doing, it didn't help. So I was wondering first if the lobby IS down, and second if anyone else has the same problem.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 8:12 am
I am able to access the server lobby just fine. Have you changed any aspect of your connection or your PC, by chance?

Unlucky 13
May 17, 2005, 9:49 am
Hmm, now I remember it, I removed access to IE, then reallowed. I ddid a spyware scan recently, and installed new definitions for both antivirus and spyware.
I don't know what else...

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 3:07 am
If you're still unable to access the lobby server, then you may want to try using System Restore. It'll probably cause more harm then good, but if its successful then you know its a setting you've changed.

Unlucky 13
May 19, 2005, 6:47 am
Well, call me stupid, but I just deleted all my restore points a day or two ago...
Just my luck, and it doesn't seem to help that I reallowed IE usage.
One thing that HAS changed. My speed on the wireless has dropped dramatically. Could that relate to Soldat's lobby or gaming?
By the way, I retried a LAN game, still works through the other wired connection.
EDITED: PLEASE READ
That is exactly what happens when I choose Soldat's lobby through a browser, it times out. And I don't have any control over the router, so no luck there (isn't it ironic?).
And now my brother mentions the same thing has happened to him, but no drop in speed, so it is the router or something.
Could I unblock Soldat's ports my side?

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 2:27 am
Now that you mention the fact that your wireless isn't working properly, you may want to check to make sure that you aren't timing out due to packet-loss or your decreased speed, and double-check that your wireless router's configuration isn't blocking Soldat's required ports.

Unlucky 13
May 27, 2005, 8:41 am
Sorry for the delayed response, it seems Soldat doesn't allow Wireless Dynamic Activiy, and needs Static Activity. Thanks for all the help Lapis, and I hope this can help anyone who gets this problem.