( search forums )
CTF_China
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Yukwunhang
May 17, 2005, 12:17 pm
The map is quite big. I think it's about 1.5 times bigger than B2b.

*Best on RS
*10+ Players
*No waypoints :(

Overview
Screens: [2] [url="http://www.myphotohost.com/uploads/a84c08589b.jpg">[3]

Not much to say...
Download

Boxo
May 17, 2005, 12:40 pm
This isn't bad at all, the buidling things actually work

Raptor
May 17, 2005, 1:41 pm
yeah... this map is good!

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 4:37 pm
the other team has an unfair advantage.

Belier13
May 17, 2005, 6:35 pm
If the china is really like that I understand why the american dropped 2 nuclear bomb on it during second World War

The Geologist
May 17, 2005, 6:37 pm
America dropped the bomb on Japan, not China. Pick up a history book, it'll do you some good to learn your facts.

Reminds of my Great Wall map ;D I like the look of the tunnel area more than what's on top. It looks like that part of the map flows pretty well and could be good in a little fire fight.

Edit: Some of those health areas in the buildings/wall structures might be a lil hard to get in and out of with only one entrance, on account of any campers. I like the idea though. Keep it up!

Edit 2: For those with a brain? Yes. Your comment was useless and unnecessary, if not a little insulting. Say something worthwhile or don't say anything at all.
|
|
V

Belier13
May 17, 2005, 6:41 pm
China - Japan ... any difference ? for me no

xXShavoXx
May 17, 2005, 7:11 pm
Oh.. there is a huge different, but I'm not getting into it with someone as uneducated and immature as yourself. Grow up.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 17, 2005, 7:15 pm
I'm deeply offended by your ignorence, sir.

64-bit Cookie
May 17, 2005, 7:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Belier13If the china is really like that I understand why the american dropped 2 nuclear bomb on it during second World War

That was stupid to mention.

The Geologist
May 17, 2005, 7:44 pm
Guys, guys...there's no need to further flame Belier for his ignorance. Make a bash pit topic if you see the need. Let's focus on this map and making some worthwhile suggestions :D I thought of a few more:

1) Making use of the ability to color your sceneries could help give the structures a more "solid" or 3D feel. I know 3D isn't everything, but your buildings look a little flat IMO...a change in scenery color could add a little depth. The buildings work where they are...I'm just picky :p
2) yes, the map is large...but as long as there aren't ways to stall play, a large map can be good. It can be a challenge to get a flagger in these structures, but not impossible.

Maxx
May 17, 2005, 9:58 pm
Wow, really unique-fun-looking.

Very nice colors, shading, and buildings.

Great job.

Yukwunhang
May 18, 2005, 2:21 pm
Thanks for the suggestions geologist..I'll work on it.

i am ahab
May 18, 2005, 3:07 pm
gj dude. looks nice. interested to see how itll play on ctf...

as a lil suggestion, and just something i enjoy personally for fun on public servers is to m79 jump around. what do you think to some sort of hard to reach series of platforms or roof? depends on the jet settings for the map mind...

as for keeping them in theme they could be designed as tree lookout posts or huts or something. would add a sniper pos aswell for all those ppl that enjoy such things.

apart from that id have to play it first...

0xSilentx0
May 23, 2005, 2:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Belier13China - Japan ... any difference ? for me no

Racist son of a (Please refrain from swearing)....youre a disgrace to all Asians!!!

The Geologist
May 23, 2005, 6:16 am
At least try to respond to the topic you're responding in. :/ I almost feel bad for drawing attention to Beliers ignorance if so many people spam the mapping forum with useless posts which have nothing whatsoever to do with the map in question. Talk about yuks map, not Belier.

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 6:18 am
looks nice. and what interface is that in game.

Yukwunhang
May 23, 2005, 9:14 am

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22071&whichpage=1
=D

Avarax
May 23, 2005, 10:36 am
godlike shading :)

zoldat
May 23, 2005, 11:43 am
:O this is fun fun fun

what is thAT small red and blue font on the overviuw (name plz)

Yukwunhang
May 23, 2005, 12:13 pm
04_8b

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 11:18 pm
for me it seems blue has advantage in the lower route.. they get the higher ground.

Aegis
May 24, 2005, 12:49 am
Then again, CTF_Kampf has an unusual design also.

Giving this one a test run on [IRS], we'll see how people like it, hm?

Alamo
May 24, 2005, 1:25 am
I don't like the map... I haven't seen the overall design due to the lack of an overview screeny, but I don't like the looks in detail. The scenery is not carefully placed, the polys are edgy and everything ... I don't like it :(

EDIT: sorry, i'm very very tired... i should sleep.

Yukwunhang
May 24, 2005, 5:54 am
I admit.

Aegis
May 24, 2005, 10:23 pm
Its a very good map, but very very huge, much more larger than B2b or so it seemed. Unfortunately too big for playing RS on, but I did like how you did the wall and such.

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 11:40 pm
Hmm, It looks pretty good. Its to bland though, add some treest grass etc.

P.s @ Aegis: Did you get your name from that cheat for Age of kings? :p

Robotical Computer
May 25, 2005, 2:32 am
quote:Originally posted by xXShavoXxOh.. there is a huge different, but I'm not getting into it with someone as uneducated and immature as yourself. Grow up.

You know what? I totally agree with you. ;)

zambo_the_clown
May 25, 2005, 3:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Raptoryeah... this map is good!

no need to spam (AGAIN!)

i like the underground routes with all the platforms. makes it a doozy when searching for someone down low. also this makes good for snipers and the gameplay is fast and strategical 10/10!!!

Gen0cide
May 25, 2005, 4:36 am
Good map,but I find it too big and the games seem slow with it.
The map would be 9/10,but the gameplay is low.

Yukwunhang
May 25, 2005, 11:38 am
I hope I could scale the map.