( search forums )
FreeBSD connection problems
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Sarg
May 17, 2005, 1:21 pm
Hi, i have some problems. Then i connect to my server, solder are freezed in air, and in upper-left corner of window, game allways printing message "Connection problem", after some seconds massage "Connections time out" has appears.
Config:
FreeBSD 4.11 (linux-base installed)
P4 2.8, 1Gb RAM.

n00bface
May 17, 2005, 7:38 pm
How long had the server been running when you joined? The Linux Server usually crashes after a couple hours, and that is usually the message that comes up after it crashes. If that's the case, you can solve it by either restarting it, or downloading a program that checks if it's still active and restarts it if it isn't (such as Soldat Guardian)

Sarg
May 18, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceHow long had the server been running when you joined? The Linux Server usually crashes after a couple hours, and that is usually the message that comes up after it crashes. If that's the case, you can solve it by either restarting it, or downloading a program that checks if it's still active and restarts it if it isn't (such as Soldat Guardian)

The problem with communication arises at once after start of a server. Probably, it is necessary to adjust forwarding.