( search forums )
ropes.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 4:06 pm
i think it would be cool if there was a map option to set traps like the ones in MGS3, here if u step on a rope, it grips ur leg and pulls u upside down

now if u have the knife equipped, its easy to get down (because u cut the ropes). if u dont have knife, it'll take a good 10 seconds to get down.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 5:19 pm
idk if that will work very well in Soldat

Vostok 4
May 17, 2005, 8:20 pm
No offense but that is one of the worst suggestions I've heard for an online shooter :/

How about we let Michal focus on improving the game as it is instead of adding completely new things in :)

DT
May 17, 2005, 8:22 pm
hmm i tihnk we had a thread about this somewhere... but we got JETBOOTS... and those are cooler indead

Keron Cyst
May 17, 2005, 8:26 pm
Snares? I don't know about that; maybe in Inf...

zyxstand
May 17, 2005, 9:07 pm
not a bad idea - shoot at a wall above and down comes a rope until it hitsd the ground and a net attached at the end
wait till anyone walks there and manually or automatically activate the rope and it flies up pulling anyone and then enclosing anyone (even frienbds) and cant shoot when in rope but can use melee weapons (kinfe / chain) and comes out instantly with chain and 7 secs with knife.... or they can hang there till they rott to desth......

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 9:09 pm
sure... count me in!

kwanfei
May 17, 2005, 9:15 pm
sounds fun

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 10:40 pm
why not?

kwanfei
May 18, 2005, 1:19 am
Some other suggestions:

1. One rope one can grip on person (which it should be);
2. Only knifes and hands(with no weapon) can both use to break the ropes(but hands take longer). So, if you were griped, u have to change to knife or drop your weapon;
3. Other teammates can help to ungrip with knife and hand too;
4. Chainsaw, flamethrower, M79, LAW, nades, and knife(throw) can break but only the ropes that didn't grip anybody yet
5. Other guns beside those in #5 can also use to break the ropes too:
MP5, AUG, Minigun=15%/shot
AK-74, FA minimi=25%/shot
DE,Ruger=40%/shot
Spas-12,Barret,handgun=50%/shot

zyxstand
May 18, 2005, 2:35 am
uh, guns don always have same damage- the further u are the les damage bullets do
and why can't one use chainsaw when caught in rope to get out?

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 2:33 pm
I dont like this idea very much... but hey if MM implements it, ill give it a try.

Tribersman-FR
May 18, 2005, 5:55 pm
can be funny in no jet map

with a weapon : grapple clic to shoot and grapple, second clic to cut the rope
and there just to change weapon to use the primary weapon ^^

Alamo
May 18, 2005, 6:52 pm
This does even sound like a fun idea but I think it will be quite annoying to have to hang somewhere for full 10s. I don't really think this will work in a game like Soldat.

Raptor
May 18, 2005, 7:09 pm
That's a pretty good suggestion, but it wouldn't work well because most people would see the trap and fly over it...

Alamo
May 18, 2005, 9:40 pm
Raptor, that may be the cause but there will still be lots of people, who step into the trap accidentally, no matter how experienced they are.
I, for example, still step into the Cambo or Shau traps ;)

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 10:23 pm
The punji sticks? I hate those...

And anyway, I think this might be a pretty good idea.

CottonTheMoth
May 18, 2005, 10:23 pm
Would also be a very good noob detector..lol "hey!! wtf is this!??"
I think its an okay idea. It'd be really fun to make a map with tons of booby traps....also ooo!! maybe bungee cords so they are like elevator type things that bounce up and down so when you cut it at the right time, you can get really high up. Very interesting for climb maps!! Yay.

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 11:38 pm
nice idea, but wut if u can put a bunch of rope around n on flag?
so if u land to grab flag u get roped?
thats jus plain stupid then

CottonTheMoth
May 19, 2005, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by fishyyyynice idea, but wut if u can put a bunch of rope around n on flag?
so if u land to grab flag u get roped?
thats jus plain stupid then

Um... then don't do that.Simple as a pimple...

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 12:21 am
jus dont do it?
ppl still will

paramud
May 19, 2005, 12:28 am
why would you grab your flag/put the ropes on the enemies flag?

Hoodlum
May 19, 2005, 12:40 am
I think it would end up getting abused.

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 1:05 am
not thier flag ur flag so when they try to grab it they get roped

Captain Ben
May 19, 2005, 7:36 am
Considering how alot of people don't use the knife, perhaos you could shoot it in a certian spot?

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 12:27 pm
maybe the ropes would be invisible.......or instead of ropes have mines.

Avarax
May 19, 2005, 5:21 pm
i want vehiculs!

seriously man, i dont like this idea :/
i'd like to see scripts in maps though, with that u could create something like that

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 5:31 pm
i don't like ropes.. if i wanted to get to a place in real life, and i must climb a rope to get there, i would rather stand alone on the ground, crying. i mean, why would we want ropes? we have the JETPACK!:) i have a jetpack in real life to:)
so n00bs can stop suggesting crap that will make our little friends leave the ground.

besides, rope would be hard to make cause i think it would have to be a new real physics thingy and i dont think MM would do that..

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 6:50 pm
Ropes....Mhmmmmmm.....This is downright silly :p I'm sorry I just cant see any use for it

kwanfei
May 19, 2005, 8:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHi don't like ropes.. if i wanted to get to a place in real life, and i must climb a rope to get there, i would rather stand alone on the ground, crying. i mean, why would we want ropes? we have the JETPACK!:) i have a jetpack in real life to:)
so n00bs can stop suggesting crap that will make our little friends leave the ground.

besides, rope would be hard to make cause i think it would have to be a new real physics thingy and i dont think MM would do that..

well......i think u misunderstood the suggestion.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 20, 2005, 1:38 pm
nice but i think it can't be done in Soldat but in a 3d game..maybe.

Mini Man
May 22, 2005, 1:49 pm
Hmm its a funny idea..but i doubt it'll ever get into Soldat.

If it does, it should be a one use secondary weapon replacing the Chainsaw.

Marine
May 22, 2005, 10:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mini Man

No.

Sort of wierd, the knife part of it. Have to make a whole new animation. I'd say no to rope traps, but the trap part is definitely an idea we can expand upon.

kwanfei
May 23, 2005, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mini ManHmm its a funny idea..but i doubt it'll ever get into Soldat.

I think it would be better if we make it to be a nades bonuse.

Wopkeuh
May 28, 2005, 3:33 pm
The trap idea is nice..

The only way I could possibly like rope in the game, is if it were implemented as in liero (should be possible to use jetpack or rope), but even on that I have my doubts.

zyxstand
May 28, 2005, 4:26 pm
sry a bit off topic:
i want vehicles too - remember b4 this version came out, admins kept telling us not to post about "auto-downloading maps/scenary" "cuz it was not gonna be implemented for many reasons" and he did put it in.......well let's hope it's the same with vehicles...

SPARTAN_III
May 28, 2005, 4:32 pm
finally, vehicle liker. or was that sarcasm?

Pimpin`
May 30, 2005, 1:27 am
In my opinion ropes are not needed :) We already have the jetpack, who needs a rope?! :]

paramud
May 30, 2005, 8:24 am
this thread deserves [IMAGE]