( search forums )
Sniper line ... BAH
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 7:46 pm
... i think that sniper line sucks, and it would be stupid to make it red, when ur targeting on someone. Becuse if someone is hidding, it would be too simple to find him ...

Hhh.. can someone tell me how to put my avatar in ??? im not good in this... should i type in URL in which map do i hawe it ???
plese HELP !!!

Meandor
May 18, 2005, 1:53 pm
er, sniper line does become red when it overlaps an enemy, the cursor does. Soldat is not much about playing hide and seek, so it'd be unfair if campers could conceal themselves completely in scenery and the cursor woudn't reveal them. Realistic mode if anything ;>

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 2:31 pm
and the avatar: u host it somewhere www.imageshack.ws for example and u are given a link wich says "direct link o image" put that in the avatar line and whosh u have an avvy. remember the avatar rules nyway.

BManx2000
May 18, 2005, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorSoldat is not much about playing hide and seek, so it'd be unfair if campers could conceal themselves completely in scenery and the cursor woudn't reveal them.
Actually, that is exactly what happens already when someone is crouched/prone.

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 7:18 pm
its not about hide and seek, but its just 1 of tactics u can use

Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 10:21 pm
So, what exactly are you suggesting?

Marine
May 22, 2005, 4:03 am
He's suggesting something not to implement.

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 3:18 pm
good for him, i dont like this idea

Jamesmax0
May 25, 2005, 2:37 am
I dont like this idea either. Camping can be a fair tactic (it depends who does it). and the sniper line going red is kinda a n00bish stupid way of searching for campers

Pimpin`
May 30, 2005, 1:35 am
quote: I dont like this idea either. Camping can be a fair tactic (it depends who does it). and the sniper line going red is kinda a n00bish stupid way of searching for campers

Yeap. I think that you are right. The sniper line goin` red would be a kind of radar then -.-
As far as camping is concerned, that is a type of game-style. The SLine going red will become a weapon against campers. Why there is no such weapon against sprayers, respawn-killers then ? :>

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 1:44 am
I dont understand what your saying Phoenix

Pimpin` your sig breaks the rules. One image under the size limit and two lines of text. Check the rules

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 12:25 pm
ok this topic is kind of pointless because MM added sniper lines so why cant we use them? i use sniper line because it helps me when im sniping. so if you dont like sniper line dont use it phoenix.....

Pimpin`
May 30, 2005, 2:01 pm
I use the sniper line also when i use i.e. Deagles. It is that because of that I started playing soldat using Barret (DM, TDM Modes) :) So it is just a habit.

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 5:04 am
Sniper line would be ok if they gave the players swat shields to block with so campers could alwas be cheap it would be a sec wepon.

Captain Ben
June 2, 2005, 11:29 am
quote:Originally posted by TrogdorxlrSniper line would be ok if they gave the players swat shields to block with so campers could alwas be cheap it would be a sec wepon.

Just no. God no.

SPARTAN_III
June 2, 2005, 11:41 am
Agrees with ben

shield == (Please refrain from swearing)

they had it in CS, and ppl hatezored it

Captain Ben
June 2, 2005, 12:49 pm
Besides, how would it help? You'd be running around with deagles, when suddenly, BAM! You're dead! Then you'd have to remember:
Hear bang, switch to sheild. Fast.

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 12:59 pm
ok lets just keep the sniper line the way it is :)

Hoodlum
June 2, 2005, 6:59 pm
Idea is not like'd.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 2:48 am
I dont know i just trow a ton of dumb ideas out untill a get a good one

I still think theres got to be a better way to counter a snipers id saw like..... oh..... mabey a TANK OR EVEN an APC but not manny folks like them and now im gonaa get flamed for my ideas......... again

Gen0cide
June 3, 2005, 3:15 am
quote:Originally posted by TrogdorxlrI dont know i just trow a ton of dumb ideas out untill a get a good one

I still think theres got to be a better way to counter a snipers id saw like..... oh..... mabey a TANK OR EVEN an APC but not manny folks like them and now im gonaa get flamed for my ideas......... again

Obviously you are gonna get flamed,your suggesting vehicles.
Easy to counter snipers..just bink with an auto.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 3:35 am
well what is the problem with vehicals anyway i want a exact list.
and dont give me the excuse they get stuck in the 2d land scape mabey it could fly like in METAL SLUG. There is no problem you can not at very least come to a compermise with if your creative enough.

BManx2000
June 3, 2005, 4:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Trogdorxlrwell what is the problem with vehicals anyway i want a exact list.
Prepare to be hated by the whole forum.

Keron Cyst
June 3, 2005, 6:15 am
*tries to avoid flaming*

1. Try coding them in yourself.

That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? ;-)