( search forums )
dedicated server prob
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
zambo_the_clown
May 17, 2005, 10:46 pm
i get ??? as ping in server lobby which means no one can connect to server. here r my problems..

1) i set norton internet security "2005" to permit all connections to soldat and soldat dedicated server program (all ports). This seems not to work or maybe its the next problem...

2)i setup the "configure" up so it uses port 27073 and is registered to lobby. Also i have speed set at DSL and internet checked in at options tab. i have admin password set too. when i launch the dedicated server and use admin tool to connect to server as admin it says "admin disconnected" and i already typed in admin password with port and ip number to connect to server as admin. now at this point i still get ??? as ping. i dunno if "never forward client" should be checked in and i can figure out anything else to do.

if this is not enough information to help you with helping me with this problem then post up what else you need to know. ill be monitoring this post very frequently. thanx

ok i got admin tool to work but i still cant get my server up to where anyone can join :(

EspaceeMegadeth
May 18, 2005, 3:48 pm
try dedicated server 2.2.8 and make sure that you have selected the maps and configured an admin pass.I'm using zone alarm and when i play soldat i make security level low.Try that and let all soldat apllications to acces the internet

zambo_the_clown
May 18, 2005, 4:32 pm
alright ill try it when i get home thanx for the help anyways if it dont work. i already have dedicated server 2.2.8.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 21, 2005, 12:33 pm
I ave dedicated server 2.2.8 too but it has some probs. it sometimes gives errors.I think michal should fix that..