( search forums )
Chainsaw lunge
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
May 18, 2005, 2:14 am
it would b cool if u can lunge with the saw like in halo
like when ur crosshairs turn red when u get rly close n u click fire lunges into player
if this was suggested b4 im am sorry but i searched n found nutin on this

Lt. Sneezy
May 18, 2005, 2:50 am
If you want to lunge, jump, go prone in mid air, and use your jets. You will lunge forard and kill anyone in your way.

Vijchtidoodah
May 18, 2005, 3:06 am
I actually love this idea. The only reason I hate the chainsaw so much is because it's so difficult to get close to people in order to use it, but this way, like the thrown knife, it will have an extra attribute that will actually make it useful in the game.

Jamesmax0
May 31, 2005, 2:40 am
Yea, the chainsaw is kinda lacking in ways to use it

Raptor
May 31, 2005, 9:38 pm
When you crouch, a chainsaw can't hurt you...

Deleted User
May 31, 2005, 9:50 pm
That's because the "damage-box", or whatever it's called, was moved on it. I think it was because MM moved it on all the guns to keep people from shooting out of colliders and Chainsaw got the raw end of the sh!tstick. I could be wrong though..

On topic-This idea seems pretty cool, but I think it'd take away some of the skill that's required to use the Saw properly. The only place I'd like to see this suggestion used would be on aerial maps with no jets.

Alamo
May 31, 2005, 10:25 pm
I like the chainsaw, with or without lunge. You'll never be better than the guntards but you can get quite a lot of points with it.

Keron Cyst
June 2, 2005, 2:58 am
*lol* "Guntards" :-D That's new. Wrong forum, BTW.

There's already a manual lunge technique (you just need to be skilled, that's all); dive into your opponent by jetting while prone in mid-air when close.