( search forums )
New website
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
echo
May 20, 2005, 7:34 pm
This isn't exactly a game improvement but an advertisement improvement. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the official soldat website ( www.soldat.pl ) isn't exactly atractive. For a long time that I'm trying to bring more portuguese players to this game but in the moment I give them the link and tell'em to try the game, 5 secs later they just answer "Right.. must be a great game". They don't even download the game becuz they just look at the site and say "blerg". Anyway my point is: I'm sure there are a lot of soldat fans that have php/flash skills and they wouldn't mind of making a brand new and attractive website for free.
Peace

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 9:53 pm
there are like a million sites with soldat download capabilities... give your friends the link to one of those sites instead...

echo
May 20, 2005, 10:32 pm
That was retarded... I'm talking about the original website image

Raptor
May 20, 2005, 11:03 pm
If Michal wants his site to be the official, then he can do that...

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 2:46 am
quote:Originally posted by echoThat was retarded... I'm talking about the original website image

now why would u give your friends the link to the official soldat website, when you could give them links to more ATTRACTIVE fan made soldat sites.. what the heck is so retarded about that?!?

m00`
May 21, 2005, 3:36 am
i think the website is fine, seems attractive to me, it was spiced up a little quite a while ago if i remember correctly when 1.2 came out.

Gen0cide
May 21, 2005, 5:17 am
Echo,don't ask for help and then call a good response retarded.
You won't get far being an A-hole around here.

echo
May 21, 2005, 9:42 am
1st I just said it cuz I wasn't even talking about the download capabilities. 2nd, any website with links to 2D multiplayer shooters will include soldat and its link will be wwww.soldat.pl not any other. 3rd I just refered my friends as an example. The site is important for any game image.. I just said some improvements with flash or php would be much better.

Unlucky 13
May 21, 2005, 10:23 am
IMO the site doesn't matter, the game does. And the game isn't special because of its graphics, its because of its addiction level, simplicity and speed. The site should reflect upon that. Graphics mean nothing, Gameplay means everything!

mickle89
May 21, 2005, 11:13 am
The site needs more things on it. eg. - Small progies, stuffs, i dunno.

Alamo
May 21, 2005, 11:39 am
I really like the official site...

Denacke
May 21, 2005, 1:11 pm
I agree with the fact that you need a good site to attract players. Not many people would download your game if you made your site with framesets a bright yellow background and your text in flashy blue.
But I think soldat's website is quite good, it's straight to the point, easy to find your way, and still appealing.

So atm, leave it as it is :)

Captain Ben
May 21, 2005, 1:31 pm
Save it on a USB stick and give it to them.

BManx2000
May 21, 2005, 3:11 pm
Rather than giving your friends the link to www.soldat.pl , why not give them the link to http://www.soldat.pl/main.php ?

b00stA
May 22, 2005, 9:02 am
I propose that the new design shall be done by a 3 year old in MS paint.

People should decide by the game, not some homepage.

Mini Man
May 22, 2005, 1:45 pm
quote:Orginally posted by b00stA
I propose that the new design shall be done by a 3 year old in MS paint.

lol..yea but i see the point he is trying to make, if people see the homepage and it looks crap (Which i dont think it does) then people will be less willing to download it so they wont be able to decide by the game, so yea a re-vamp might be a good idea.