( search forums )
Soldat Server Security Staff
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Avarax
May 22, 2005, 5:11 pm
I just joined the fireground climb map server. i logged in as an admin. i banned 3 hackers and kicked all noobs that didnt listen to me to stop killing, since thats forbidden on climb maps. like 70% ppl were kicked now. that really pissed me off. also sometimes on usual publics there are hackers and afk guys or whatever. it ruins the game. so i got the idea of a soldat security staff that should consist of a couple of very thrustable players which are often online. server admins of the "better" servers should then share the admin pw with this group of people. now that the frequency of admins playing on servers is increased the frequenzy of hackers and other lame scum will be reduced. if there is no "staff member" in the server there will still always be someone online in irc or something. players can then call these for help if a server is infested.

EDIT:

Some ppl have been found with which i started working on the project SG = Server Guards

Staff atm: (all listed have a server themselves.)
- Denacke
- Trooper9
- Keydon
- Avarax
- grand diablo

Servers that might join the project:

- SN public
- Selfkill publics
- Fireground CSS and kz server
- p-L
- TBA public
- dibos server

to all those who have a public server:
would u participate?

we are still trying to enlarge our staff, maybe make suggestions about well known, trustable and often online players.

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 5:33 pm
that sounds good :D

Mini Man
May 22, 2005, 5:43 pm
Sounds good :)
Avarax - whats the ip and stuff for the server?

Avarax
May 22, 2005, 5:51 pm
just search for maps with kz_ in the beginning :P

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 22, 2005, 6:25 pm
sounds good too me.

DeMonIc
May 22, 2005, 6:33 pm
That's a good idea.. but I'm afraid it wouldn't work out well, like SuS, since the community isn't ready for major things like that.

Avarax
May 22, 2005, 6:37 pm
what is or was SuS? :o

Tha Doggfather
May 22, 2005, 7:36 pm
There will always be assholes that leak the password, like in SUS.

FliesLikeABrick
May 22, 2005, 8:53 pm
http://sus.u13.net

Avarax
May 22, 2005, 9:09 pm
hm, sus pws seem to have been brought to many ppl, so the chance of leak is fairly high. people for this security squad would be recruited from irc and this forums, the most thrustable and experienced players that arent (Please refrain from swearing)ing around would be taken. so the chance of a leak is minimized. on the other hand, a leak would be much more exhausting than a leak as in sus. so the security squad "leaders" must be very carefull when choosing new members.

Gen0cide
May 22, 2005, 10:01 pm
I for one think this is a great idea.
If you need staff and go through,I'd like to be considered :)

DeMonIc
May 23, 2005, 2:42 pm
Here's another problem: how do you want to get some server admins to give the admin passes to people (rather) unknown to them? This project would be much harder to start than the SuS one.

Avarax
May 23, 2005, 3:06 pm
we take people known. :P

like denacke or someone like that. and since all "better" server's admins know guys like these i hope they'd share the pw.

Alamo
May 23, 2005, 4:02 pm
You would have to pick trusted members only. And that's the problem. You don't know who's trusted and who's not. Would you like a madman with all the admin passwords, messing everything up? Over the internet you can never know, who is to be trusted and who's not.

Avarax
May 23, 2005, 4:08 pm
yeah...
to prevent leaking, we should etablish the system that every server that is "watched" by the squad adds leakers to banlist. also he should be banned from servers irc channels. leakers image in the community will drastically decreased.

.alex.oner.
May 23, 2005, 5:47 pm
hmm, sounds intresting, and it would work.. but getting everything together and organised will take a while me thinks, but when everythings sorted out, i think this would run pretty smoothly in most servers.. :)

Avarax
May 23, 2005, 8:29 pm
project started.
look mainpost.

Gen0cide
May 23, 2005, 8:31 pm
You probley don't know me,but I admin the [IRS] Realistic Survival FF server..I'm trustworthy..if you need staff I'm online alot.

It isnt MY server,do I need one?

Avarax
May 23, 2005, 10:09 pm
no, but we try to keep the staff at 10 members...
so we'll first try to get the in our eyes most trustworthy and known people...

Gen0cide
May 23, 2005, 10:12 pm
Annd I'm not trustworthy or known?
I made the soldat ezine :P

n00bface
May 23, 2005, 10:50 pm
I will start putting my server up with this also..the only reason I stopped hosting it was because of hackers, idiots and that Linux crashing bug.

Happy Camper
May 24, 2005, 12:39 am
i will be buying a server very soon, hopfully from chibi :D
I whould be glad to join, i love soldat, hate cheaters.

Lemme know.

Avarax
May 24, 2005, 6:35 am
tell me your server names ;)

n00bface
May 24, 2005, 7:57 am
LaughingLlama's infiltration.

m00`
May 24, 2005, 8:12 am
sorry but i dont like this very much for all you know some people in the staff list are probably just power hungry, not saying all of them but you do know what would happen if you got so many people to just get admin password from so many servers, in the beggining, sure it would be normal but after a while they'll be kicking people that swear at you...

but not everyone ofcourse :P i think denacke and grand diablo will be excellent peoplez ;p

Boxo
May 24, 2005, 3:44 pm
I don't think this would work at all. Last thing Soldat needs is more elitism.

Avarax
May 24, 2005, 4:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by BoxoI don't think this would work at all. Last thing Soldat needs is more elitism.

i think it does.

we are trying to keep the "squad" members below 10 so there is little chance of power hungry guys and leakers. all people listed atm own or administrate a server themselves and have admin and a long soldat expirience, i dont think they'll abuse their rights.

denacke is working on a website now with detailed server information, a kind of alert button, a list of members and more.