( search forums )
2 adminconsole commands
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Avarax
May 22, 2005, 6:41 pm
/death *playername or number*
affects the player with the /kill effect.

/weap *weapon number* *value*
edits the weapon strength ingame so balance testing is easier.

zyxstand
May 23, 2005, 9:14 pm
a b c d for secondaries ;)

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 10:17 pm
lol.
/death to all kills all players on server x-D
Jes' kidding. That won't work. Either let him play, or kick/ban him/her.

Atybrc
May 23, 2005, 10:20 pm
hm..
3)/kick *number(name)* *reason*
and /ban *number(name)* *reason*
and after kick(ban) players can see reason (in lobby window... near "JOIN" button)

2zyxstand "q", "w", "e", "r" better

Vijchtidoodah
May 24, 2005, 3:14 am
Avarax, while those commands would be great with regard to responsible admins, if they are added, I can see a whole lot of people abusing the /kill command just to get an unfair advantage. This wouldn't be much of a problem for people who know how to avoid bad servers, but it could be a huge deterrent for new players.

Aside from those problems, it seems pretty useless.

The /weap command would suffer under the same circumstances, but to a much smaller scale. In order to be really effective, the server should automatically report the changes (in percents, the default numbers are too confusing) so that all can see.

VV Edit: Ah, that makes sense. VV

Avarax
May 24, 2005, 6:40 am
the /death command is just usefull for RS servers :)
rejoiners can be killed with this. you dont want to kick or ban a rejoiner immediatly for the first rejoin, do you?

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 9:09 am
mmyeah that could be an idea... but why not just make it so ppl cant join in at the middle of a game.. that would keep rejoiners out, and preventing people who just joined in to ruin the game.

DT
May 24, 2005, 3:46 pm
this would be abused to get a advantage...
bad idea
admins are only suppose to watch the game...

HYPERFUNKBOT
May 24, 2005, 4:04 pm
No, admins are supposed to punish people who do bad things. How is killing unfair? If they want to make it unfair, they can just ban you for no reason. It's like give a guy with a nuke an opportunity to use a shotgun instead, not the other way around.

Atybrc
May 24, 2005, 7:45 pm
i think /death bad command :\

Jamesmax0
May 25, 2005, 2:32 am
i think the /death command is kinda useless :| . But the /weap command seems usefull ;)

SPARTAN_III
May 25, 2005, 4:27 pm
/death + n00b admins = irritating

Avarax
May 26, 2005, 12:27 am
/kick + n00b admins = irritating -_-

Denacke
May 27, 2005, 12:20 pm
I don't exactly get what you people are thinking that death is so different from /kick or /ban. It's even a degree lower.

All commands can be abused, but they can also be used to do good things. This is just like the others also one of them. The only thing we need is that it is indicated by a server message and it's just like the other commands.

The /weap command is als good, in addition it might be handy if we could specify what weapon mod we want to load. e.g. /loadwep mymod.ini would load it as if it was a weapons.ini file.

zambo_the_clown
May 28, 2005, 1:30 am
if the /death command was added to soldat to kill other players then there would be too many admins acting like n00bs and killing everyone or anyone that kills them :P

SPARTAN_III
May 28, 2005, 1:49 am
^^what i was trying to say

Avarax
May 28, 2005, 1:52 am
i dint think do...

if they do people will quickly leave their server.

Atybrc
May 28, 2005, 10:19 am
2zambo_the_clown i think Yes...

2Avarax i hope my small suggestion better then you :)
"Add parameter "select-team time" - Players joined game after will expire this timer (10-20 seconds) compulsorily die and respawn only after the end of a round.
(It will help against rejoiners)"
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=23667&whichpage=2