( search forums )
Inf_Overboard - Screen fixed
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
eagleclaw364
May 22, 2005, 9:49 pm
I am working on a map with a big ship at the moment.
It's inf. The reds start at the top, blues at the bottom. I need some ideas from you guys. Here is a ovierview so far.

[IMAGE]

I need to know, should I make reds start on an island off the boat? Gimme ideas guys. What would you like to see? :)

Thanks
Eagle

makazuma
May 22, 2005, 9:57 pm
Let them start on a submarine thats next to the ship, they board it like pirates ;]

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 11:16 pm
the screen don't work..

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 11:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by makazumaLet them start on a submarine thats next to the ship, they board it like pirates ;]

Yarr I support that :)

eagleclaw364
May 23, 2005, 5:31 pm
Screen fixed.

The Geologist
May 23, 2005, 6:00 pm
1) Put some different colors in the water. Water isn't such an intense aqua color. Change it up, put in some darker parts to make a wave like look.
2) Is that the whole layout? If so, it seems it'd be very boring. Such flat surfaces and tight confines might get a little old. Where is the flag supposed to be?
3) It's hard to tell how large the ship is, but maybe streaching it out a bit or adding one or two other places to drop down in those hallways might help.
4) Having red start on an island may work..maybe make smaller boats for people to jump over, maybe one boat that has some powerups in it, etc.

Hope those help :D

eagleclaw364
May 23, 2005, 6:59 pm
Yeah that helps kind of. But for number one and two, please remember, I've only just started. ;) Thanks for the ideas.

DeMonIc
May 24, 2005, 3:19 pm
1. Fill the interior with solid boxes, and other stuff. Look at cs maps for details.
2. Use a background. I suggest using a stretched skydrop from the metal gear skydrop / texture pack.
3. Better texture. Think about the water. Not the ship.
4. A background for the ships interior. Stretched, blank sceneries can come handy.
5. Smaller boats for red spawn, and paradrops. Maybe red and white flag should be close to each other, with the throne of the white flag having deadly polygons that you can't avoid, so red can only cap once per respawn.

Korinth
July 25, 2005, 9:16 pm
ok ive been kicking a map like this around for a longggg time....heres wat i got for a paint of it[IMAGE]

map could be ran as a ctf of and inf but the land could be decorated as a city in rubble or make it like a prosperus port city. the lowest step would be the dock and you can see the gangplack(spelling) but it would lead to the cargo hold the flags would be in the capn's room and on the highest step there would be enough jet fuel to fly over the bow but i cant think of someway to stop the red from jus jumping over the bow, grab the flag and jump back over? and ideas?

(edit) (Please refrain from swearing) ummm lil help trying to post a pic? o and sorry about the pic.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 4:48 pm
maybe an old/pirate wooden ship with cannon ports 2 jump through but only if you prone through it. make it a little harder. starting on an island sounds good. with a small boat or 2, to hop over. but maybe just far apart enough so you have to run and hop between them. Maybe try a few room setups going up or down through the boat, almost like a maze but up and down rather than far left then far right etc to get to the flag. look at drawings of ships cut in half, may help to give you more idea's how you could do it. mayb a mg gun on top if it's a large warship/aircraft carrier idea. A large submarine level would be an idea just on it's own. With red starting on a dock or boat jumping through 2/3 Entrances at the top..

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 9:05 pm
its gonna be too big..
you should make it alittle smaller, but that's not gonna happen:P

Keron Cyst
August 8, 2005, 9:31 pm
I agree with The Geologist, and makazuma.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 12:44 am
Need a map big enough for 10 v 10+ if its 2 small it just becomes a frag fest.
less areas for a bullet spraying spree and a reduction in campers.

maybe realistic mode with little jet boost

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 7:16 am
it needs a random island somewares and maybe some m2's