( search forums )
Preview - Soldat - Dawn of the Respawn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Gen0cide
May 24, 2005, 5:22 am
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=RE9UUi1QcmV2aWV3LnppcA==
Link fixed
This is going to be a comic, but not a series. It will be one HUGE comic, that will have the entire story in it. To save space, it might be split into 2 parts. It will be released later, but this is just a heads up. Gen0cide will be writing and Kyklis will be drawing

Let us know what you think.
We put it in a movie file so it's easy and quick.

Norse
May 24, 2005, 5:24 am
Egads! Such a long link...i'll clickz anywayz.

Edit: "You cannot access the content "DOTR-Preview.wmv". "
omg hax! fix that dirty little link!

Gen0cide
May 24, 2005, 5:32 am
Damnit kyklis put it in the trash bin and i can get it out

Kyklis
May 24, 2005, 5:51 am
Egads! It works for me o.O. Although maybe thats cause Im logged in...one sec.

EDIT: Yea it didn't work...so I just uploaded it onto m00 net in a ZIP. LINK = [URL] Long, yes, but thats the one.

Vijchtidoodah
May 24, 2005, 6:24 am
Haha, that's actually pretty funny already. Very well done, I can't wait to read the comic.

By the way, why are you talking in the third person? "Gen0cide will be writing..." VijchtiDoodah thinks that is wierd.

Unlucky 13
May 24, 2005, 8:17 am
2above: Because he doesn't want Kyklis to feel left out, OR it was already written. But yeah, that looks nice! I really expect this to be a nice comic! Good work on the little preview, and the drawing are good.

Offtopic: Lol Vij, saying stuff in the 3rd person outta RPG's like you hardly know the English language. It's almost Trollish!

m00`
May 24, 2005, 9:02 am
this is awsome, cant wait ;p

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 9:15 am
bohoo none of the links work for me

m00`
May 24, 2005, 9:30 am
psycho this should work
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/DOTR-Preview.zip

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 10:21 am
okeh... hehey it was really good. a mix 'tween comic and film :D

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 6:32 pm
Lol, looks pretty good

Kyklis
May 25, 2005, 12:35 am
:D. thanks for the coments guys ^^.

Gen0cide
May 25, 2005, 2:39 am
So kyk we should start the real comic :P

Kyklis
May 25, 2005, 3:29 am
We're doing a comic? I thought this was just to make them expect somehting good then to dash away their hopes :P.

Gen0cide
May 25, 2005, 5:35 am
We are now starting on it,and we are expecting each part to be a good 70+ tiles.
Yes,70+.Big eh?You better like it!
We'll update you along as we progress.
BTW,We are planning to make it the same as the preview,so it will be in a slideshow type of file.
Less transition,and we can do sound effects.(If we do..)

Norse
May 26, 2005, 12:04 am
Make morez! :D Offtopic: what font is used for "Dawn of Respawn"?

Also, Gen0cide if u need another artist or story-person I'd be willing to help out ;o

Gen0cide
May 26, 2005, 1:50 am
I don't think we really need anyone right now unless Kyk wants help drawing..
Maybe we can start something with you once we're done DOTR

And that is only a preview norse..

Kyklis
May 26, 2005, 5:49 am
Norse, the font is called Shaun of the dead, I beleive. Look it up. And no, help is not needed.

0xSilentx0
May 27, 2005, 2:28 pm
omfg nice vid and comic geno...can you make me a char in the comic lol my name will be Raiden X lol

Kyklis
May 27, 2005, 11:28 pm
You forget the real brains behind the project silent....nvm, thats gen0 :P. But as for characters, I think they are already planned out, and if not I should slow down on drawing XD.

Gen0cide
May 27, 2005, 11:53 pm
Well Maybe near the end of part 1 or something silent.
Well Actually chapter two,which is about 10-20 tiles in :)

0xSilentx0
May 28, 2005, 12:36 am
Ok cool thanks...btw hows the clan lol

Outcast
May 28, 2005, 12:56 am
well, i didn't like it. The drawing could be, a lot better. And all the crap about zombies and hackers and like...get a new theme for comics already come on.

Kyklis
May 28, 2005, 5:47 am
Uh...outcast. Heres the thing. Theres one hacker, and as far as I can tell, they only fight him once. And wtf. Since when has there been a comic where zombies invade the servers. If so, kindly point it out to me, cause I don't happen to see one. And yea, the drawings aren't meant to be advanced, they are stickmen. So I don'y understand your comic....all the crap about zombies, I really haven't seen another one like this. And hackers, yes theres alot of that, but....one hacker....seen once at start, probably once at end......And im not just saying this because Im making it, im saying it cause your comment has no proof :P.

Tribersman-FR
May 28, 2005, 10:19 am
ho yeah !!! look so good !!!
and this Preview is very funny !!!

Gen0cide
May 28, 2005, 7:44 pm
Thanks for everyones comments,I hope you like the real thing,we are doing so much work on it,especially kyk(drawing it all!)that it'll be a disappointment if you dont like it.

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 8:31 pm
Although everyone else liked it, I thought is was kinda dumb. But, I'm just a negative person, I just thought it'd be more Soldatish, not just cartoony stuff. :/

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 8:50 pm
Sorry for ressurecting,but I just read s4r's post,and we WERE gonna take the actually soldat graphics and use them,but that would take WAY too long for us to do.

Kyklis
June 5, 2005, 10:43 pm
Partial blame goes to be for not wanting to grudge through that :P. Call me lazy, but this looks almost as good, and like 999x less work.

Tribersman-FR
June 9, 2005, 11:29 am
for Outcast ...

the draw can be better but you never make a comic
with the "pixel-art" it's very long

and drawing like my comic ("The_One ...") is difficult but not as long as the pixel-art

ps: my computor is down I can't finish the 2nd part for the moment

Ripper.
June 12, 2005, 8:26 pm
looks really cool guys!