( search forums )
Survival mode "prison"?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
HYPERFUNKBOT
May 24, 2005, 3:13 pm
You know, sometimes when you play survival mode it gets kind of boring to wait to respawn when two guys are constantly going in a circle around each other. So how about a "prison" area where you go when you die. It'd be a small room where you can kill others that died for fun (no points gained though) while you wait.

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 5:14 pm
Uhhh...if you're dead how do you kill somone? And how do you die? :p

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 6:26 pm
well.. I c what you are meaning.. I think people should be able to do SOMETHING while waiting for the round to finished... if it not just so fun that people would rather be in the "prison" than in the real game ;)

Mini Man
May 24, 2005, 9:53 pm
yea thats quite a good idea, so when you die, u respawn in a different zone just as a little mess around until the round ends, but it doesnt change your score or ure stats or anything :)

Captain Ben
May 24, 2005, 11:34 pm
I was thinking... Maybe instead of going to a prison, couldn't you play Pong instead?

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 2:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMUhhh...if you're dead how do you kill somone? And how do you die? :p

exactly

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 11:47 am
why prison? maybe you could be ghosts flying around the map shooting at eachother?

Michal Marcinkowski
May 25, 2005, 12:19 pm
That's why I don't like survival mode and counter-strike in general :). It's a good idea the prison, but the maps would have to be changed...

Green Barret
May 25, 2005, 12:59 pm
He hath spoken! Amen.

Oh and happy birthday!(although its late...)

+ Edit: I thought MM liked CS(it was stated in the selfkill interview).

Raptor
May 25, 2005, 1:34 pm
In conclusion: That will not work...
POS. Happy birthday MM

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 1:40 pm
Just add a box somewhere noone can see from the real map. There everyone would just knock out eachother by hand >=]

SPARTAN_III
May 25, 2005, 4:25 pm
we dont need to redo the maps....just make a small box map for all the maps.....its like 2 maps in 1

and happy birthday MM

Kyklis
May 25, 2005, 11:00 pm
Raptor...pretty pointless post. Anyways, it could work. And if we don't want to add stuff to the map, here. They respawn as ghosts ( like someone said ) that can walk around and use some kinda weapon they only get ( some ghost blast :P ) or just a knife. They have infinite respawns in this ghost mode, and nothing effects score. They can see the players still alive, but the players alive can't see them, as then it would be way too confusing. But having a area for them would be better.

wacko101
May 26, 2005, 2:40 am
yea lol nice idea...i hate waiting to respawn...some times if i can't wait i just rejoin :)

Marine
May 26, 2005, 3:32 am
This only really seems to be a problem on big maps or with lots of players.

I agree, it's annoying though. This sounds like a grand idea.

Jadefox
May 30, 2005, 4:46 am
Although i like the idea, i think that the suggestion someone made earlier would be better. The part where your ghosts and you fly around shooting eachother.

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 5:59 am
zomfg! wat if they shot mini-marshmallows at each other?

Keron Cyst
May 30, 2005, 6:45 am
It's all right, I guess, but pressing F9, spamming in the Bash Pit at these forums while you're waiting, and listening for the loud respawn sound works as well xD

Captain Ben
May 30, 2005, 7:06 am
Perhaps snowballs?

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 12:16 pm
maybe even kittens?

GluLm
May 30, 2005, 11:10 pm
The "ghost mode" might have been suggested before, but I still think it would be pretty good to let dead players see each others and walk around the map freely instead of having their camera stuck to the remaining alive players. (btw where is the good old free camera mode!?)
Kyklis's right about that.
Also letting these "ghosts" appear as transparent players (with a lot of transparency!) could be fun too. That way they could haunt the map for real. ;)
Just giving my opinion there.

Edit: Please stop posting about remaking maps and stuffs with a lame prison, that's just plain pointless too.

Dr.Feelgood
May 31, 2005, 10:28 am
This is like my idea, check this out.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18946

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 31, 2005, 1:46 pm
Ghosts should have unlimited jets and be able to go into predator mode at the press of a button any time to fly around and scare the other players. Hint: BOO!