( search forums )
Vote Kicking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Pixofied
May 24, 2005, 6:13 pm
Is it me, or do I get kicked for being too good? I've just been kicked from '.de SELFKILL.COM cs4u #1' (Infiltration) for no apparent reason. I first came in, went on the blue side; the teams where 5v3 (favouring the Reds).

Now, when you shout "TEAMS!! FFS YOU ASS**LES" you'd expect them to listen (after numerous times of being polite, but no. They'd rather win the unfair way. Also, why is it that when someone joins they go on the side with the most players; usually the winning side?)

Anyway, we finally go onto a map that I know would take them a while to get the flag (since they'd have to get past me first :P) "Inf_Outpost", I have to camp at the flag with my sniper, especially when this is a red side full of Mini-gunners, and my knife.

This is where it gets interesting, they cannot get past me. At all (with AK-74 support from a fellow team mate). After about the 15th player trying to get past; I remember this very well, he came in with his Minigun absolutly missing, because they suck. I shot at him, I missed; but thinking this was his chance, he came in close, I CQC'd his ass with my knife, jumped up at threw it at him. Dead.

Then I get alot of verbal abuse, because they can't win (and they don't like it, what a suppprise), from someone call [MP]Sailias (something like that) He vote kicked me, said "HeS A HaX0r!!" and emedialty i was kicked.

It realy does do my head in when this happens. If you suck, deal with it, find away around your problem. Don't feking kick me. Now i'm banned of this server AGAIN, through no fault of my own.

Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me? Seriously, this is annoying as hell. I hate being banned for no reason.

Your thoughts on this? Should the vote system be removed, or improved?

Denacke
May 24, 2005, 6:40 pm
It has been discussed many times.

In the end, the decision is with the server admin, they have the ability to disable voting or enable it and set a percentage.

Felix
May 24, 2005, 6:52 pm
ye, it happened to many people here, including me :/
so, try to go on another server.

Ok
May 24, 2005, 7:17 pm
Actualy it sounds to me like you were camping, that can be understood if ppl hated it.
Minigunning aint much better though.
I myself know that phenomenon when there's a team with 5-6 players vs a team of 3.
SelfKill refused to turn on the AUTO BALANCE thingy.
Its so annoying, when you kill and kill and kill and they just keep coming.
And ofcourse they brag about their amazing victory.
Quite pathetic, but you can't expect much from noobs, I blame the SelfKill admins who refuse to turn on that great auto balance option.
About the voting its needed, so turning it off is not smart, alot of times I ran into Hacker, and vote them out, or AFK's, or just noobs who stand still and shoot once in 2 minutes.
So voting is needed, and there's nothing to be done if a majority of the server wished you out.

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 7:28 pm
being banned for nothing is frustrating... one time, I went to a server I like well to play on.. there were already 2 peole there.. turns out they were dueling or something so they voted me off, banning me permanently.. GAWD I hate those. selfkill should turn on autobalance indeed btw.

?
May 24, 2005, 8:21 pm
If you can't get in your car or on your bike, go the thier house, and beat the crap out of them there is nothing you can do, shut up. Have a great day. :D

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 9:20 pm
I got banned from keg-high speed DM server. I can only assume it was for being to good, I was on top and then I saw two guys talking about somthing to the effect of "he's good lets get rid of him" and next thing i knew it said i was banned. It was so annoying because it was a high speed and i have cable so i use to go to it often

Jamesmax0
May 25, 2005, 2:19 am
With the voting system, it depends on what type of server your on.
If its a public server, then is SUCKS ass.
With a private server, you can use it to kick a asshole who found out the pass.
And with everything inbetween, its both

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 2:25 am
there is nothing you can do about it...so you might as well deal with it
quote:Originally posted by HitmanHad a bad day at Soldat?

We don't care. No need to make a topic when you had a bad day, and are pissed off at some campers, or spawn killers, etc. It happens to all of us; live with it :)

if you want to read it click here

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 12:45 pm
I can't stand servers with those Auto vote-kick. You guys know what I'm talkin about right? Anyways, whenever I would get a multi-kill, or kill a lot of people without dyin,it would say "Detected Possible Cheat From Loki", and of course some a couple people are gonna be A**holes and vote yes. Then I get banned. It's ridiculous if you ask me.

Darkfist007
May 25, 2005, 3:31 pm
I used to get that all the time as well. Have you gotten it when some guy is either standing still or walking while crouched yet?
All I can say is welcome to soldat. If your able to hit people when they arent moving, or are barely moving then you must be a hacker. U_U
Whats even funnyer is your a hacker if you can hit them, but if you can hit a fly/speed hacker its considerd skill, like it should be. >.<

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 3:46 pm
I've been banned on the 2nd DESelfkill server, I think. I dunno why, probably because "Server detected possible cheating from [SS3] Hugoku".
D'oh!

SPARTAN_III
May 25, 2005, 3:51 pm
wtf....lol once i got banned on a mainly n00bs server. y'know why? because i was able to throw a knife.

Felix
May 25, 2005, 3:53 pm

the best thing to do -> go on pro servers...

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 5:07 pm
Yeh, but there my @ss kets kicked. Not out of the game, but almost. T_T
I think, at least.
L0l, I was on a server today, and an obvious hacker didn't get kicked (like shooting infinite LAW in mid-air), though sometimes I get kicked for having more kills than the server host (n00b <.<). Life is unfair.

b00stA
May 25, 2005, 7:18 pm
quote:Had a bad day at Soldat?

We don't care. No need to make a topic when you had a bad day, and are pissed off at some campers, or spawn killers, etc. It happens to all of us; live with it :)

Topic locked.