( search forums )
1337 polygons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Avarax
May 25, 2005, 8:24 am
guess what?
short range teleporters are possible.

i'll create an example map during this day to increase my skill on this technique and then i'll show them off here :D

JiggaBlue
May 25, 2005, 9:39 am
Teasers are like omg@!!!!

Deleted User
May 25, 2005, 11:25 am
did i mention i loved you?

peemonkey
May 25, 2005, 7:48 pm
this is what we call attention whoring.

Michal
May 25, 2005, 9:21 pm
Hmmm I'm guessing it's possible by making a "funnel" shaped entrance out of polys and then the gostek is transported through the thin gap. I'm too lazy to try though :p

Jamesmax0
May 26, 2005, 4:38 am
Tell us already!

dr dragon
May 30, 2005, 11:37 pm
Yeah! We're anxious to see this teleporting!

Deleted User
May 31, 2005, 5:20 am
or a bouncing poly. major bounce.

vash763
May 31, 2005, 7:32 am
i bet if you did a major bouncy poly (azn) into a funnel (michal) that got uber thin like tube, then funneled out the other side it might work. You could just cover it w/ a "doesnt collide" poly to

Avarax
May 31, 2005, 9:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dor a bouncing poly. major bounce.

thats right. M-A-J-O-R Bounce. Like 200 polys over each other make a good distance already ^^

but these polys are very tricky to use in a map, i stopped trying to establish it in some map...

try it yourself though :D

Alamo
May 31, 2005, 10:26 pm
you said you'd make one, now make it. ^^

Keron Cyst
June 1, 2005, 12:04 am
How do bounces work? Do you have to jump from them, or do they bounce you the instant you touch it (sorry, but I'm extremely busy, too much to try it out myself :-/)?

vash763
June 1, 2005, 3:32 am
i find if you fall while running in one direction gets you the most bounce. but bumping into them will bounce you.

they're easy to make too

Cookie`
June 5, 2005, 2:58 am
if you hit a bounce polygon with enough bounce it can be enough to propel you through some polygons :
-=Edit
Avarax you must stop! this technology is dangerous to soldats!
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=24169

Avarax
June 5, 2005, 6:51 pm
:D

when i played your map i figured out even more things this could be usefull for:

- a global killer in a place very hard to reach on ctf maps.
- a law reload poly (throw your law in
- and that aura might be usefull too.

did you try to use other poly types yet? :D
ice might be fun because it has different physics than all others.

Cookie`
June 8, 2005, 3:17 am
avarax i would like to try the possibility of one player arming the rest of his team by throwing guns :P noone has tryed what would happen if more than one person is unarmed... since the nade hits everybody i assume there is a possibility of the gun hitting everyone aswell and to prevent the death effect from this one could shield it from nades with colliders