( search forums )
Vote-kicking results in auto-ban?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Nebben
May 26, 2005, 7:44 am
Is it a default setting that being votekicked results in an automatic ban from the server? I was just votekicked because everybody on the server sucked and I climbed to the top of the scoreboard within 5 minutes of joining.

So I try to reconnect to ask what climbed up the ass of the person who started the vote, and I notice I've been banned. There are other servers, but what the (Please refrain from swearing)?

I AM SO SORRY FOR MY ABILITY TO USE A MOUSE. Please forgive me, all of you people who cannot seem to select any weapon other than the Minigun and who randomly fire at walls.

Sorry, I'm a little pissed off because I don't cheat, I have never cheated in an online game, and I despise cheaters, and I don't particularly appreciate being banned for no (Please refrain from swearing)ing reason while cheaters jump from server to server with no consequence.

God damn it.

Captain Ben
May 26, 2005, 8:21 am
There was this guy who was calling me gay through out the whole match (I scored with the flag 3 times), and when I finally asked him what his problem was, he said "cos u r".

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 9:04 am
Here is the closed clone thread of this one. I say you'd better post the Auto Ban thing in the Suggestions forum. :)
Just for errr ... well so that you guys know :)

(link fixed - DNA.styx)
(Thanks - Hugoku)

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 11:41 am
hihi url dint work.. anyuways I dont think being votekicked should resould in a ban. a permanent ban mabe, but not forever. people can be perm banned from their favourite servers that way.. all it takes is 1 stupid vote starter and some stupid voters and your out forever.

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 5:57 pm
Don't you mean temporary ban Psycho?
Anyways, either way you have it, people are gonna be mad. If there is no vote-kick (like in ApaxTeam CTF), hackers will come in and people will complain because you can't kick the hackers. On the other hand, if there IS vote-kick and someone gets voted to leave, that person is gonna complain. You can't please everyone.

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 6:38 pm
quote:Had a bad day at Soldat?

We don't care. No need to make a topic when you had a bad day, and are pissed off at some campers, or spawn killers, etc. It happens to all of us; live with it :)
Read it in the rules

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 4:40 pm
Faulty Doorknob, why did you post that? He's askin a question, and we're discussing it. If you don't like it, leave. If any moderator had a problem, they'd tell us that and lock this. Read what everyone is posting before you come in here and post stuff that makes you look like a moron.

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Faulty Doorknobquote:Had a bad day at Soldat?

We don't care. No need to make a topic when you had a bad day, and are pissed off at some campers, or spawn killers, etc. It happens to all of us; live with it :)
Read it in the rules

Stop pretending you are a moderator.

quote: Is it a default setting that being votekicked results in an automatic ban from the server? I was just votekicked because everybody on the server sucked and I climbed to the top of the scoreboard within 5 minutes of joining.

So I try to reconnect to ask what climbed up the ass of the person who started the vote, and I notice I've been banned. There are other servers, but what the (Please refrain from swearing)?

I AM SO SORRY FOR MY ABILITY TO USE A MOUSE. Please forgive me, all of you people who cannot seem to select any weapon other than the Minigun and who randomly fire at walls.

Sorry, I'm a little pissed off because I don't cheat, I have never cheated in an online game, and I despise cheaters, and I don't particularly appreciate being banned for no (Please refrain from swearing)ing reason while cheaters jump from server to server with no consequence.

I do hate it when this happens. Dont blame me for you not having any skills, when I've been playing for 2 and a half years.
And also, try to put more content in your post to discuss. So it is'nt just a "I'm mad, listen to me" post. I'm not saying it is but Just be catious next time.

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 5:18 pm
hahahahahaha!
Doorknob=OWNED!

FliesLikeABrick
May 28, 2005, 1:21 am
it doesnt result in a permanent ban, it results in a timed ban (i believe the time for which is set in soldat.ini), but if "Possible cheat detected from <name>" comes up, then a following votekick is a permban

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 1:37 am
there is another thread like this and it has been locked. Nebben is pissed because he got kicked. its understandable, but i mean who cares? it happens to me all the time. just go to a different server and quit getting pissed off about nothing...jeez. and im not pretending im a moderator.

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 1:56 am
I still don't believe your post was contributive, Doorknob, and this is a legitimate topic of discussion which should be elaborated on for anyone who needs to know the specifics.

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 2:44 am
Hey Nebben Welcome,

Dude this kinda stuff happens all the time. Just find a server that you know everyone in or just frequently go to a server and by the time youve kicked everyones asses more than twice they will know you. Im not quite sure why it bans you forever i usually jsut go in and delete the server name out of the Banned.txt then beat the living hell outta the voter.

PS: why do you even have cuss words in your sig Doornob? If you havent noticed they turn into (please... cussing) haha too lazy to type that even though i typed this comment afterwards explaining why i didnt type it all. I should probably jsut go back and change it. eh screw it

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 3:22 am
i put (please...) becuase i knew they were going to turn into that
anywayz im sorry for being an ass...

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 4:49 am
Just be nice to people who are new to the forums Doorknob. That's all we ask. This might even be the first forum he's joined. This is the first forum I've joined, and I'm still learnin. Don't be a (Please refrain from swearing) about it.

Denacke
May 28, 2005, 7:47 am
Are you really wanting Doorknob to be mad at you Loki? That sort of smartass replies are really no fun, he already excused and said sorry. There is absolutely no need to rub it in further!

As to the topic, We discussed this problem many times before (which would be a reason to lock it and tell him to use search, but anyway), and the easyest thing to do is go on a server where the vote kick setting is set to high or only do private games :)

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 7:43 pm
Relax Denacke, I was making a point. And if he's mad at me for that, do you think I'm gonna lose any sleep over it?
BTW, what type of smartass replies?

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by SZLokiRelax Denacke, I was making a point. And if he's mad at me for that, do you think I'm gonna lose any sleep over it?
BTW, what type of smartass replies?

He means this...

quote: Just be nice to people who are new to the forums Doorknob. That's all we ask. This might even be the first forum he's joined. This is the first forum I've joined, and I'm still learnin. Don't be a (Please refrain from swearing) about it.

Now just drop it please, its over with

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 9:39 pm
I'm cool with that.

Nebben
May 31, 2005, 1:34 am
This has happened to me on more than one occasion. I apologize for the somewhat pissy post. What do you guys think? I come from a long line of online gaming on pub servers and I've never even HEARD of something like this. I had always assumed that a votekick was just a kick, not a permanent ban. It's a little insane to allow a few jerks to ban somebody that easily.

And yeah, I could just try to find servers that don't allow this, that have more active moderators, etc., but it just so happens that the few servers with people in them that I ping low to are pretty much untouched by the admins.

I would suggest in any future versions of Soldat to remove this particular aspect, or at least make it non-default. Too many people just throw a server up and don't touch the settings.

And man, does it suck to be accused of cheating and then kicked back to the login screen when you aren't cheating. I loathe cheaters, and that is really frustrating.

I wish I could just get a few more of my friends to play and then we could just LAN instead, but it's damn near impossible to get that many people off work at the same time. :/

Deleted User
May 31, 2005, 11:40 pm
I know what you mean. I was just playin the EVO RS server, and the teams were uneven, so I switched, and some ass-wad named Zodiac vote-kicked me because he thougt I was a "re-joiner". They didn't even give me a chance to explain that teams were uneven. And that was one of my fav servers. But I guess that's how it goes.