( search forums )
It's Crunch Time!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Captain Ben
May 26, 2005, 10:03 am
Don't just hate Crunch Time? The last few weeks of school where somehow all of your assesment work seems to creep up and bite you on the proverbial backside?
I haven't got it this bad this term. A maths test, a Science test, a Religion assignment, a History oral, an English oral and also Orienteering (though it's more 'fun' than assesment), metal work and wood work compacted into the final two weeks.
Somehow, alot of my friends have gotten all of their assesments in the next week, up to three on the same day. Only today, one girl in my grade collapsed crying during an oral while another one has no idea of what she's meant to be doing, seeing as she has been in a hospital for about 89% of this semester, and is stressing about it, even if it isn't her fault.

I know alot of you have finshed school, etc, but don't or didn't you hate the last two weeks of the term?

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 10:15 am
I have:
3 Biology assignments
2 Math assignments
3 Dutch assignments
3 tests; Science, Chemistry and Math
And probably some more to come. <.<

Vijchtidoodah
May 26, 2005, 10:21 am
Religious class? Do you go to a school dedicated to a certain religion or is Australia just really different?

Unlucky 13
May 26, 2005, 10:22 am
I hate it, and because of this stupid "Accelerated Class" (you do three years work in the time span of two years), we get a test every 2.5 weeks for something. Over the holidays, we had 10 assignments due on the Friday after them, which, well, sucked.

Vij, CRE (As I have seen it called) is taught in some non-religious schools.

m00`
May 26, 2005, 10:24 am
in australia we have scripture (thats what we call it here, well for were i live atleast, its religion class and stuff) but its not compulsory so people that decide to go they can go (well in my high school atleast), in primary school it was compulsory (in the primary school i used to go to). btw in australia i dont really think you get assignments for scripture.... i guess captain ben different in his school ;/

im not sure about other schools in australia

Captain Ben
May 26, 2005, 10:28 am
M00, where is it you go to school in australia?
Anyways, Vijtch, Australia probably is really different, but all catholic schools in Queensland enforce compulsory Religion :P I'm not sure about State schools, but I'm in a private Catholic education.

LazehBoi
May 26, 2005, 10:31 am
I never had religion classes in my school.

m00`
May 26, 2005, 11:16 am
im in a public school in nsw sydney ;q

Milkman Dan
May 26, 2005, 11:19 am
quote:one girl in my grade collapsed crying during an oral
tehehehehe

R0L4ND
May 26, 2005, 11:21 am
Over the past week, I've had:
- National mathematics test
- Speech in rhetorics class
- Social studies test
- Art assignment
- History of literature test
- Oil and tempera theoretics test

LazehBoi
May 26, 2005, 11:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Milkman Danquote:one girl in my grade collapsed crying during an oral
tehehehehe

HAHAHAHA
I never thought of it that way...

mickle89
May 26, 2005, 12:27 pm
i hav Chem exams, Physics exams, Geom & trig exams, intro calc exams and an english exam

Michal
May 26, 2005, 1:44 pm
quote:...a History oral, an English oral...
Why do they call it "oral" anyway, they call it that around here too, but I think it's pretty stupid. You're not doing the presentation with your mouth, your doing it with your voice, it should be called vocal or verbal :P

Anyways, coming up I have some math and chem tests as well as the exams, nothing too strenuous. There's no way anyone in my math class will fail because our math teacher ditched us a few months ago. We've had a different supply teacher almost every day so obviously the school will have to take "considerations".

AerialAssault
May 26, 2005, 2:39 pm
i hate religion. i have a summer job where i go door to door and put flyers on people door handles. i get paid $8 an hour. and im always seeing "protected by brinks security" or "ADT secure" or something. then occasionally i'll see something like "Warning: This house protected by J.esus Christ. if you want something just ask me for it, please dont break in." thats a crappy security system if you ask me.

on a side note: is the word J-E-S-U-S really filtered out? its just a name FFS. we need to haev more swearing and profanities allowed on this board.

DT
May 26, 2005, 4:11 pm
jezus... hmmm
yea final exams are coming... FUK

The Geologist
May 26, 2005, 6:03 pm
(Please refrain from swearing)

Edit: Wow...this is totally lame. J.esus really is censored out now. How weak is that.

Anyhoo...crunch time is over for me for now. For the most part..tomorrow I leave for five weeks for field camp, in which I'll be mapping and doing projects on areas everyrwhere from New Mexico through COlorado up to Wyoming. Good thing I got my finals done though...physics, structural geology, geomorphology, and field methods (four day long final in that class :/). Fun stuff.

Cookie`
May 26, 2005, 8:27 pm
I just knocked off an english exam :P So now I've got about 5 projects due, a calculus test, a calculus quiz, a biology debate, a physics project, a physics exam, a algebra and discrete geometry test, an algebra and discrete geometry exam, a biology exam, and more :'(

?
May 26, 2005, 8:35 pm
I was done with school 2 weeks ago, I just have to go to my graduation tomorrow :D

Captain Ben
May 26, 2005, 10:50 pm
I hate religion, though. We're being forced to watch Holy Man and write down the morals :P

enjoyincubus
May 26, 2005, 11:56 pm
quote:Anyhoo...crunch time is over for me for now. For the most part..tomorrow I leave for five weeks for field camp, in which I'll be mapping and doing projects on areas everyrwhere from New Mexico through COlorado up to Wyoming. Good thing I got my finals done though...physics, structural geology, geomorphology, and field methods (four day long final in that class :/). Fun stuff..

We've a woman at my college doing similar things this summer...Wyoming field camp at Laramie, I believe.

peemonkey
May 27, 2005, 12:10 am
im actually going to start going to collage in the fall :O :O :O

Vijchtidoodah
May 27, 2005, 12:44 am
I didn't know you were an artist...

Tha Doggfather
May 27, 2005, 12:59 am
Yeah it's pretty sad if you can't spell college right (in your own language), months before you actually start it.

Maxx
May 27, 2005, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

on a side note: is the word J-E-S-U-S really filtered out?

That's retarted.

peemonkey
May 27, 2005, 4:45 am
i know, i kick ass at spelling :P i blame the exsistence (exsistance?) of the irish for my lack of spelling skills.

Captain Ben
May 27, 2005, 6:13 am
Ah well... My handwriting is retarded if that makes you feel better :P

Unlucky 13
May 27, 2005, 7:27 am
YOUR handwriting is retarded?
Look at my sig on Mike's T-shirt, that is the neatest I can get.
And I can't write larger than PC size 8 font without scribbling.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 27, 2005, 8:19 am
We most likely have it easy here in America, when I was in Hong Kong, I was so bombarded with work, even in elementry, that I work from 1Pm to 11Pm on homework. Now the lifesytle is much easier, and the oppunities much better. My finals havn't started yet, but I'm feeling pretty good about them. My biggest concern right now is going t the National LeaderShip Conference by the FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) where I'll be completing against the top 100 people in the subject of Techology Concepts in Florida DisneyWorld, Woot!

Captain Ben
May 27, 2005, 8:37 am
If you win, will you send me a Disney pickle?

lastpatriot
May 27, 2005, 11:59 am
I have a science project, language project, 4 finals.