( search forums )
restyle ctf_dropdown
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
makazuma
May 26, 2005, 4:56 pm
For bored mapmakers: I just played ctf_dropdown in some 'gather war', it made me think it's a kinda good map for wars (guess not many others do thinkso).. still it looks a bit boring and ugly to me. Can some-one restyle it, to give it some more class?

I think it will be good ;]

Keron Cyst
May 26, 2005, 8:32 pm
I might be able to do it, but I'll be currently busy trying to get in maps for the mapping competition ;-) I think I'll basically just drag the polygons for the base areas farther away from each other, edit the bunker areas, and toss in some more floating boulders in the center (and maybe add a Predator power-up if the map grows big enough). The main point of ctf_Dropdown that stands out from other maps, tho', is its horizontal structure, so if anyone gets to remaking it before me, try not to force soldaten to move vertically too much :-)

makazuma
May 26, 2005, 8:41 pm
If you mean with horizontal that you mostly meet your enemy on same level, he won't come from up or down, you can mostly see him and have a good fight.. That's what I like the map for, better don't change it. Also I like to fire with the LAW from one side to the other for random hits, better don't change that either :D

I want some changes on the look mostly, more smooth corners and such, not something that was inspirated by dropdown but has total different playing :)

Keron Cyst
May 26, 2005, 11:48 pm
Oh, whoops xD I drew a plan on paper and gave it much more space. Basically, the only element it shares with any that you posted above are horizontal fighting. Blind LAW salvos can still be attempted, but you'd have to get onto the central boulder with my current blueprint...

makazuma
May 27, 2005, 6:41 pm
Im already happy you have a plan and some-one responded here, so i give you free hand then ;D

Cookie`
June 4, 2005, 4:21 am
ask permission from the creator before you edit\restyle their work... because if the map was mine I wouldn't want you too

Keron Cyst
June 4, 2005, 5:14 pm
Who created it, tho'? I don't think Michal did...

DeMonIc
June 4, 2005, 5:22 pm
Boxo did, you turfs ;< He even said it himself, and he even made a remake of it. Search the new maps section.