( search forums )
SNES
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 7:36 pm
I got a snes emulator and was planning to get lost in nostalgy, but I cant make it work (have xp) what do I need?

makazuma
May 26, 2005, 7:45 pm
I got the Zsnes (www.zsnes.com). It's working fine, i play mario kart some times, won all cups :D And played Contra3 once online, kinda funny!

SuperKill
May 26, 2005, 7:46 pm
get Zsnes. ([edit] - other guy was faster)
and you must play Chrono Trigger or else you just suck.

LazehBoi
May 26, 2005, 8:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillget Zsnes. ([edit] - other guy was faster)
and you must play Chrono Trigger or else you just suck.

...What is so great about that game?
I suggest you get SUPER BOMBERMAN 5 GOLD EDITION. Best SNES game ever.
Oh and if you feel stupid get Tokimeki Memorial.

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 8:10 pm
Real SNES > Emulators

Also, Secret of Mana is better than Chrono Trigger.

Cookie`
May 26, 2005, 8:24 pm
Evo > Secret of Mana > Chronotrigger

?
May 26, 2005, 8:25 pm
I am gonna buy an real snes soon, a video game store sells used ones for about $40, I bought my brother one for christmas, after all my graduation money comes in I am buying my own.

The Geologist
May 26, 2005, 8:31 pm
Chrono Trigger owns, Secret of Mana was also damn good. Makes me want to dig out the old emulator and give 'em a go.

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 8:57 pm
secret of mana... I think Ive played that.. if it was the one I played, I liked it so damn much.. it was 2 player so me nd my friend played it forever :D

STEELIX
May 26, 2005, 9:21 pm
Chronotrigger, I played it until the final boss, which I couldn't beat in 3 goes. Therefore, I quit :)

Alamo
May 26, 2005, 9:25 pm
Sorry to be a party pooper, but aren't these things warez?
I like emulators too though :)) SNES9x is quite good.
And play Shadowrun...!

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 9:26 pm
warez? I dint use warez to get emulator I assure you :) not that I have it anyways :P

Zero72
May 26, 2005, 9:59 pm
Ah, I have a big stash of roms from games that I owned long ago. Lemmings, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario All Stars, Kirby Super Star... Oh, the memories.

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 10:10 pm
can I have some games? :>

Captain Ben
May 26, 2005, 10:53 pm
Super Mario All Stars... The good ol' days.
Though, with my experiences with emulators, I can never get them to save. Can you do that with Znes?

LazehBoi
May 26, 2005, 10:55 pm
Yes, you can. There are even save states!!!11
Also, I suggest people get Harvest Moon. Although it sounds incredibly lame it's addictive as hell.

Deleted User
May 26, 2005, 11:18 pm
im struggling to find a pack o` snes games. I have on my old computer, but I dont want to turn it on. its soooo slooooow

Zero72
May 27, 2005, 12:20 am
I never really got into the SNES Harvest Moon. I played the living balls off the N64 one, though.

I also have the GBA and GC ones, but I haven't played a lot of those yet either. I'll probably get back into the GC one at some point.

Judge_Man
May 27, 2005, 12:22 am
SNES = Best console ever.
Play Super Mario RPG it's great too.

edit: And final fantasy 3/6 is a MUST.

Zero72
May 27, 2005, 1:01 am
Oh, yes, Super Mario RPG is way up there in the Best Games Ever list.

zambo_the_clown
May 27, 2005, 2:33 am
quote:Originally posted by ?I am gonna buy an real snes soon, a video game store sells used ones for about $40, I bought my brother one for christmas, after all my graduation money comes in I am buying my own.

woooh! 40 bucks for a snes, sure its the best old school system but thats way over price. they must treat their inventory like they are antiques. hell ill give you one cuz i got 2 of em :P (dont know where the 2nd one came from)

best rpg game is "tales of phantasia" you can download it with dejap patch to make it in english since it was only released in japan. it is 48bits and the battle system is awesome along with unbelievable cussing and sex :D and its long as hell (about twice as long as chronotrigger) the ROM is 4.7 mb!!! when unzipped i think it is 7mb

wormdundee
May 27, 2005, 3:28 am
ive gotten and deleted zsnes and roms at least 4 times and yes i did play Harvest Moon, that game is addicting as hell inderdaad!

tales of phantasia is pretty good, maybe ill get that

SuperKill
May 27, 2005, 4:55 am
ville and lazehboi you're both completley nuts.. CT is the alltimes best snes game and will ever be.
secret of mana is nice yea, but chrono trigger just owns its ass.

Judge_Man
May 27, 2005, 5:44 am
FF3 is god damn nice.

Went trough it lately and it's awesome.

The Geologist
May 27, 2005, 5:57 am
Ooo..that makes me wanna fire up the emulator again. And I leave for field camp in nine hours ;_;

Cookie`
May 27, 2005, 6:07 am
t its best not to get one from a video game store :P i know a really junky store that sells refurbished electronics etc and other old crap like records and video games... Supernes = 20 bucks canadian lol ;)
Nes + gun + 2 controllers+ adapter+ 2 games+ supermario/duckhunt only 20 bucks as well
and games are like 50 cents to 5 bucks ;) this is canadian money too

Captain Ben
May 27, 2005, 6:12 am
Argh! I downloaded the Emulator, and after hundreds of tries, I can't get any games to load.
Can someone help me out? The readme isn't helping, either.

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 7:09 am
the zsnes worked for me.. I tried about 60 emulators and zsnes waes the only one working. too bad no games are included

ThaD
May 27, 2005, 11:34 am
Zelda > all

LazehBoi
May 27, 2005, 2:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillville and lazehboi you're both completley nuts.. CT is the alltimes best snes game and will ever be.
secret of mana is nice yea, but chrono trigger just owns its ass.

Ahhhh, I don't know. I never found it very interesting compared to FF3/6.
Oh yeah. Kirby's Super Star is awesome too.

DT
May 27, 2005, 4:06 pm
Chrono Trigger
Secret of mana
Secret of mana 2 (seku densu 3 or something like that is its real name)
Tales of phantsha rocks
thier were others but i can't spell em right now

?
May 27, 2005, 4:49 pm
Cookie this is quality stuff though, like I said I both it for my brother, he says its still great.

Zero72
May 27, 2005, 5:38 pm
I read this thread, and now I'm hooked on Tales of Phantasia. Great. =P

I normally don't stay with RPGs for long, though -- we'll see.

BManx2000
May 27, 2005, 7:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychothe zsnes worked for me.. I tried about 60 emulators and zsnes waes the only one working. too bad no games are included

I don't think there ARE 60 snes emulators.

wormdundee
May 28, 2005, 12:33 am
bman, there are zillions of emulators out there for all the different consoles

there might not be 60 snes ones but there has to be at least 40, of course a lot of them are probably no-name crap ones that cant play anything and have hardly any rom support

zambo_the_clown
May 28, 2005, 1:26 am
zsnes has too many bugs and if you cant get the games to load then its probably cuz its a zsnes bug (i have came in contact with this before) or you need to locate the right directory for where you put your roms. i prefer the snes9x emulator since it comes with 9 save states for each game you have instead of sharing 9 states with all games like the zsnes does. if anyone needs help with tales of phantasia, i wrote a guide on gamefaqs.com that is very detailed :)

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 2:00 am
ZSnes hasn't had any bugs for me, neither has snes9x. If I had to choose, I'd go with Zsnes. All the others just seem like unprofessional copies.

of course, in the end, you need at least 2 emulators to fully support all games.

Judge_Man
May 28, 2005, 2:08 am
you're wrong Zambo. Zsnes has 10 state (0 to 9) for Each seperate game you load. Tested it.

Captain Ben
May 28, 2005, 3:36 am
The best one I ever had was Emulator King. It had all of the Super Nes games from 1993 to 1997.
The Game Boy Emulator King had every single GB game from 1985 to 2001.

Zero72
May 31, 2005, 6:38 pm
I used Snes9X for a long time, but the number one problem is that it distorted the pitch of the music quite badly.

ZSnes isn't quite as user-friendly since the makers are hellbent on not bothering to actually create a Windows interface for it, but everything else is working better.

BManx2000
May 31, 2005, 9:28 pm
TEH NINTENDO REVOLUTION WILL LET U DOWNLOAD ROMZ 4 ALL TEH OLD NINTENDO GAMES OLOLOLO

kylerlandry
June 2, 2005, 4:38 am
You can buy a SNES here in Escondido at gamestop for like $15 and the games are like $5 I just went and bought 5 games. All the kids with their PS2's stared at me ,but they don't know what they're missing

Zero72
June 2, 2005, 6:36 am
I wish people in Tales of Phantasia would repeat things more often for us adventurers with abysmal short-term memories. I've utterly forgotten what I'm supposed to be doing now.