( search forums )
Another great game(clone?)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Green Barret
May 27, 2005, 8:18 am
The Korean gaming giant Nexon has made a great game that looks and plays so much like Battlefield 1942. It's name is WarRock. It has classes and vehicles in a similar setup and large maps. Before playing, I thought it was just another copy of a successful game.

However, I was very impressed upon playing it. First of all, the maps and weapons are well designed for balance and action packed gameplay. In fact, each player carries 8 unique weapons/items, which allows a few people to deliver huge amounts of firepower before ever having to find an ammo respawn.

Next, the vehicles are fun to drive, and due to low amounts of vehicles per map and lots of spare space in each the gameplay focus increases more on teamplay. I find this better than BF 1942's huge amount of powerful vehicles that makes infantry combat impossible.

Even more, it has great, non laggy servers that support up to 32 players. This is a big improvement for me, as whenever I play BF it's hard to find a server with good pinging.

Plus, it even has rag doll. One thing I am amazed about is that the game engine used in this game was totally made by Nexon from scratch(so i've heard...).

Although most Korean internet games have it, I thought i might mention it has stats too. Every player, every kill, everything is tracked and can be viewed on the main homepage(http://warrock.nexon.com/warrock/page/Gnx.aspx).

But best of all, ITS 100% FREE! All this for nothing? Most Korean internet games are like this, but i've never seen one as spectacular as this one. I would have seriously bought it even if this was retail.

Overall, I find this game better than BF 1942, and even BF2(i guess i should wait more though). Sadly, most Korean internet games require a social number to play, meaning that you guys won't be able to play it. I wish this could be changed but if it did, it would cause some problems(such as servers would lag and the stats destroyed by the overflowing number of out-of-country players), so it seems as good as it is now.

* Here's the offical trailer: mms://vod.nexon.co.kr/warrock/warrock_openQuizMovie.wmv

* In game pictures: http://storage.nx.com/Data02/GnxFile/002/052/000/00/00/9007422593040465.jpg (anti-armor scope view)
http://storage.nx.com/Data01/GnxFile/002/100/000/00/00/9007843499835420.jpg

http://storage.nx.com/Data02/GnxFile/002/100/000/00/00/9008011003559965.jpg

http://storage.nx.com/Data02/GnxFile/002/100/000/00/00/9007937989115947.jpg (ragdoll fun)

Captain Ben
May 27, 2005, 8:33 am
I've spent the last 11 hours downloading Americas Army, and now I want to try this out :P

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 9:07 am
but we cant play it.. we would lag as hell and u require a social number to play.. not that I know what the damn that means but oki.

T-Money
May 27, 2005, 2:38 pm
Meh....everything's in frekkin KOREAN...still good game though. Looks EXCELLENT for freeware. Hell, looks excellent for any game.

GunPowder
May 27, 2005, 11:04 pm
How do you install this thing?? I downloaded the setup but still, I can't understand anything...

KeyesBlob
June 2, 2005, 4:55 pm
I don't know what BF you play...

Have you played any of the more INFANTRY BASED battles of BF? All the battles in BF are meant to be played as the real battle went out. If the real battle included 5 million tanks, there will be a 5 million tank battle. Try playing maps like Berlin, Stalingrad, Iwo Jima, and Wake Island. Those are meant to have large infantry roles.

I always can find a good ping server in BF. Maybe its just cause your Korean...

64 players in BF. Heh.

BF ain't got any ragdoll, but bodies sure do fly when you blast an infantry squad with your Shermans main gun.

BF has individual stats. Look for them, you'll find them.

Don't discuss warez and how/where to get them. - Tha Doggfather

I can already tell that BF1942 kicks this games ass, and BF2 will lay it down and spank it like a baby.

Kids.

Alamo
June 2, 2005, 7:00 pm
Needing a social number to play really sucks. I feel discriminated. :)

Green Barret
June 2, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeyesBlob

When I censor something, I do it for a reason. Do not edit this again. - Tha Doggfather

Duh, doesn't everyone know warez? Anyways, forum rules say don't post such stuff.

While you have all your fun illegaly, I'll keep the least amount of ethics the internet has.

Speaking of warez, if everyone played all games in this way, gaming companies would get bankrupt. Where do all the games come from now then? People who make them for free, whose games rarely get advanced as retail games.

Now, how many legally free computer and fun games are out there? Not much. And even more, most of the free games were inspired by retail games. If every game was free from the start, the entertainment business wouldn't come all the way here.

Game makers are more motivated by more money than the love of gaming. Making a game exciting and playable isn't easy. Even if you have such a passion for games making one is a different world. You think coding and designing is that easy? And besides that, you have to make money to live.

So think about it. Stop your BS about "if you're smart, its free". You haven't got a thought about what effects warez has.

JiggaBlue
June 3, 2005, 7:08 am
J00 pwn him

Captain Ben
June 3, 2005, 2:03 pm
Green Barret is right. Rules are for reasons, even if they don't follow common sense.
Personally, I'd love to try this game out, but the chances are pretty slim.

SPARTAN_III
June 4, 2005, 3:15 am
i'm on green barret's side on this whole warez thing.