( search forums )
A few idea's based off of what bother's me
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sjl21488
May 27, 2005, 11:13 pm
Ok to get started im just going to say i did use the search func. and looked through the list of things allready mentioned.

Any who...

Fire...I dont see players catch fire to offten but when thay do is the most funnyest thing ever.
I was thinking of having players catch fire more offten from explosions.
Mostly players just explode into tiny little pellets. (and when these pellets fall to the earth no one even gets hurt by them.)

I think it would be cool if when some one got a scertain distance from a nade or any explosion that thay catch fire a little. (not dieing)
If the player has full health and he is set on fire he stays on fire untill his health gets about 50-75%

As for the flame thrower i wish ther was more action. you dont see it to offten cause it only spawn's a scertain amount of times. once its been collected it takes ages for it to respawn. Thats not to fun. :/
I think the flamer should be a selectable secoundary weapon like the law or knife.

The flame thrower will run on a scertain amount of fuel and like the RPG it takes time to reload.

and last but not least iv noticed when a grenade is just laying on the ground and soem one walks over it it blows up like a land mine. (i know land mines have been covered)
Im just saying could you make it wher the grenade has a secoundary throw? So players can set them down and thay only go off when players walk over them?

this realy bothers me that we dont have mines. watching ppl walk over a nade in the bushes is funny (Please refrain from swearing).

Jamesmax0
May 28, 2005, 10:15 pm
Fire is a good suggestion. *thumbs up*
It'd be funny to see a horde of bots w/ flame throwers

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 10:36 pm
Flame thrower idea is pretty good. I love the mines idea. I've always wanted mines in soldat. Or at least like you said a choice like that where you can set the nade down. Cause I can mod it into a mine ;)

Keron Cyst
May 28, 2005, 11:58 pm
People would just lay mines all over the place and the score points for each team would never advance. If mines are to be implemented at all ([/doubtful]), then you should be able to shoot them.

Michal
May 29, 2005, 12:25 am
quote:Fire...I dont see players catch fire to offten but when thay do is the most funnyest thing ever.
I was thinking of having players catch fire more offten from explosions.
Mostly players just explode into tiny little pellets. (and when these pellets fall to the earth no one even gets hurt by them.)
I think it would be cool if when some one got a scertain distance from a nade or any explosion that thay catch fire a little. (not dieing)
If the player has full health and he is set on fire he stays on fire untill his health gets about 50-75%
I don't like this, it's not realistic. Regular Grenades are fragmentary. The fragments of the grenade do the damage not the fire, I doubt anyone has ever caught fire from a frag grenade.

I think MM said that he will implement some nice Flame-god fire effects in the next version.

Mines will probably not be implemented :/

Zakreon
May 29, 2005, 1:05 am
unless the mines were large enough to be noticed i think this is a bad idea

Gen0cide
May 29, 2005, 2:06 am
Yeah,only way I'd want mines,is if they're noticable.Then you could still put them under trees and stuff so if someone tries to hide..
*laughs like a madman*

Deleted User
May 29, 2005, 2:48 am
mines mines mines...... we gotta have mines

Captain Ben
May 29, 2005, 3:50 am
Only as a bonus box?

Keron Cyst
May 29, 2005, 4:53 am
Like I said, you should be able to shoot them up (if they ever get into Soldat at all).

quote:Originally posted by sjl21488
... The flame thrower will run on a scertain amount of fuel and like the RPG it takes time to reload....
*lol* It's awesome seeing my mod affecting people, thinking the LAW (Light Anti-tank Weapon) is becoming the RPG :-P
Although unrealistic, FlameGod is a power-up. It should have infinite ammo for the little time it lasts ;-) As for the idea of it being a secondary power-up... hm...

Mini Man
May 29, 2005, 10:22 am
Hmmm, I only like the flamer as a secondary (Replacing the Chainsaw), the others are just...
1) Fire from grenades..like some other dude said unrealistic
2) Mines, only if they are like really really really easy to spot, so that you can shoot them, but i still wouldnt like mines, it would make capturing the flag even harder on CTF/Infitration.

Alamo
May 29, 2005, 10:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Mini Man[...](Replacing the Chainsaw)[...]

Are you (Please refrain from swearing)ing nuts? Noone replaces my chainsaw!

I agree with Michal, frag grens don't burn anything, they only send shrapnel flying all over the place.

And mines are not a good idea IMO. You will run around, step on a nade and just die from nothing... And someone without any skills will gain a point. That just sucks.

SPARTAN_III
May 29, 2005, 12:59 pm
i dont CARE if its unrealistic or not. soldats grenades are HE arent they? they dont send bits of metal flying all over the (Please refrain from swearing)ing place. so i would like the flame idea. also i like mines.

and the flamer as a secondary seems cool. it doesnt have to replace anything, just get added as a sec weapon :)

Deleted User
May 31, 2005, 11:56 am
what about a flame grenade :o

Deleted User
May 31, 2005, 6:07 pm
About the mines... lol, imagine someone running victoriously with flag in his hand ( "I GOT IT I GOT LOL U SUCK --")
and then suddenly stepping on a mine and blowing up with a huge debris of blood and smoking body parts.

However if there were mines all over IN THE GROUND it would be an annoyance, but what about hovering air mines with some 2 minute autodestruct?

Raptor
May 31, 2005, 9:45 pm
What about a car where the soliders can get on it and shoot while another solider drives?

lastpatriot
May 31, 2005, 10:10 pm
I have suggested vehicles in the past, and let me tell you, don't do it again, for your own good. You WILL get flamed.

Captain Ben
June 1, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by RaptorWhat about a car where the soliders can get on it and shoot while another solider drives?

I think I'll do the flaming: How? Dinosuars can't drive.
Anyhoo, hovering mines would be a pain in the prosterior. It would be ten fold, the irritation would.

SPARTAN_III
June 1, 2005, 8:39 am
hovering mines == crap.

yes, mines should be noticable. also they should only damage in one direction (i.e. claymore mines)

gah, why does everyone hate vehicles?

June 1, 2005, 10:44 am
Zmines= bad.

Why? People can rig the damned flag so no one TOUCHES it. ARGH!

Captain Ben
June 1, 2005, 12:03 pm
Personally I want vehicles, but I know it will never happen. Perhaps if mines ever were to happen, instead of being totally visual for a change, they could beep instead?