( search forums )
Error When Logging In
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Kazuki
May 28, 2005, 7:32 pm
Our dear friend Chakra has created another account, different from that which he gave to Carl.

Anyway, somehow this account can't be logged into. Whenever anyone tries to log in, it gives us this message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'cLng'

/inc_func_common.asp, line 1080

We don't know why. I've tried and he's tried it, from different locations.

DNA.styx
May 28, 2005, 10:39 pm
Not seeing anything that would cause that. Can you PM me the account name?

Kazuki
May 28, 2005, 11:01 pm
Done.

I was also thinking that if it couldn't be fixed, the account should be deleted and we should try to create it from another location. It could have been an error on his end while the account was being created.

DNA.styx
May 29, 2005, 11:52 am
Looks like _all_ new accounts are borked at the moment (strange that no-one's mentioned it)

I'll have a look and see what's causing it.

Vijchtidoodah
May 29, 2005, 11:56 am
Lol, styx, how would anyone mention it if they couldn't get on the forums?

Which brings me to a request -- you may want to consider allowing guests to post only in this forum (with the appropriate link here if they need assistance) so that if anything goes wrong they can easily ask a question. Unless, of course, there's already something like this in place...

Tha Doggfather
May 29, 2005, 1:50 pm
I like Vjihtijadoodahs idea.

Kazuki
May 29, 2005, 3:54 pm
VijchtiDoodah* <-- You couldn't just copy and paste his name? I've memorized it :P

Anyway, it's good that this was discovered. Hopefully it hasn't been happening for too long.

DNA.styx
May 29, 2005, 8:53 pm
"Lol, styx, how would anyone mention it if they couldn't get on the forums?"
By email to my address that is on the policy page, or do what Kazuki did and post on behalf of someone else.

"Hopefully it hasn't been happening for too long."
Possibly two weeks: a change was made to the way the forum works (that I'm not going to go into), that is the only thing that I can see that could effect it.

DNA.styx
May 29, 2005, 11:35 pm
OK, fixed the issue.

I've had to do a mass delete on all the effected accounts, sorry :(

Can anyone who registered and account since 20th May please reapply and let me know if you get any further errors.

Chakra`
May 30, 2005, 7:23 am
Well, seems to work guv.

Thanks for the effort Kaz, but I told ya not to bloody bother on my behalf ... Melba did the topic for me and thats all I wanted to do.

Ya mad eejit.

Kazuki
May 30, 2005, 7:59 am
Heh. If I hadn't bothered, we wouldn't have discovered the problem so soon. It's funny how you manage to help the community without even trying.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 12:51 am
Yeah, nice goin' Chakra..
I dunno what, but something happened to my other account 'Seraph', and for some reason, i still can't log on to it.. well, thanks to you, i can atleast make this new one..! Thank you guys..!

DNA.styx
June 10, 2005, 12:07 pm
Mukerji: link