( search forums )
Captain Ben's Ramblings of Stupidity and Other.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Captain Ben
May 29, 2005, 7:34 am
Captain Ben's Ramblings of Stupidity and Other.

This is the thoughts and thinks and trinky-dinks of my life and other.
I like things that stick! *hint hint*
May 29, 2005
After coming back from the Annual Anja's Burn Stuff Day, I retired into my beautiful blue couch to play a video game full of mind-numbing gore, but before I could switch the channel to AV, what should come onto the screen, but a school advertisement!
My school's advertisement.
Now may I just say, MY SCHOOL IS FULL OF CRAP. Anyway, spreading a grin across my face, I sat back to enjoy the hypocrisy.
After showing happy grade-eighters in immaculate uniforms, the principal said, "Here at St (SECRET)'s College, we don't treat your children like kids, we treat them like the people of the future."
I must say, they were rather convincing, but let me show a slightly exaggerated comic of my first day.
Yes, I know the comic's small, I'm not an expert for chrissakes!
[IMAGE]
(Exaggerated because my principal has no glasses.)

May 29, 2005 (later today)
I was playing Soldat (no surprise there :P), when I suddenly thought of something that I've never seen qestioned...
Why do Soldat players have such retarded names?
Besides all of the usuals (parhamoud, Metoukoun, etc), where do people thinks up such stupidity? I mean, how many people do you see daily named 'Blade' or 'Angel of ...'? Surely, using a name of a famous fictional character can be dumb in some situations (Terminator, Predator, Raptor), but sometimes a single smart individual might just discover a goldmine (Hercule Poirot :P)!
Though, I must admit, I've never seen a 'Paul Osborn' or a 'Michael Bird'...

Plenty of 'Harry Potters', though.

May 30, 2005.

I think I'll state the obvious:
Why Cashews are better than Peanuts

Everyone knows that peanuts are gay. They kill more people every year than sharks and bees combined. But cashews, the best species of nut in the world! They don't kill people. Hell, I know people who would kill for cashews!
So lets compare peanuts to cashews!

Taste

Peanuts
Let me tell you a well known fact. Peanuts taste boring. How does 'boring' taste? Find your school's Doom 3 and Everquest champion, then lick his back. Try to avoid the tattoos stating things like "Wanna see my wookie?" and you have boring.

Cashews
A cashew's taste is hard to explain, but it borders on orgasmic. If I had a choice over sex and cashews, I'd kill my girlfriend/prostitute and then eat my cashews. Deliciously salty, yet with a reservoir of manliness intact.

Shape

Peanuts
A bloated american football with a layer of crustiness.

Cashews
An original shape! a boomerang with a swollen behind, just there because more is better!

Social Factor

Peanuts
Unless you want friends, you'll never leave your house with peanuts.
Taking that into consideration.
NEVER BUY PEANUTS FROM THE SHOPS. -=EVER=-

Cashews
No one would want to be my friend if I never wore my lucky cashew necklace. Cashews have a vibe. A positive vibe. A vibe, that when mixed with my vibe, creates an uber vibe which makes both male and female want to engage in sweaty, insatiable sex with me.

Winning results Results
(Percentage ratio)

Peanuts 21.332% Cashews 78.668%

And there you have it! Now unless you're mentally retarded, like a guy named Pahramoud, you'd go out right now and get some cashews!

May 31, 2005

After feasting on a delicious Dominoe's pizza, covered with ham, pineapple and cheese, I thought up a question that could change the way we think forever.

WHY ARE ONLY PIZZAS DELIVERED?

Is it because they can fit under doors easily? Because they can be easily thrown from moving vehicles? Do they pay homage to UFOs?
I consulted my Italian neighbor, who gave me a brief history.

But alas, m00's uploader saved my ass!http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/Copy%20of%20reloadable%20knife!.bmp
(Be sure to wait a while for it to load)

June 1, 2005
I hate the Flu.

For the past five days, I've been plagued by the virus, infecting all of my friends around me and unleashing a fury of hatred and profanities on my enemies.
But hey, whenever an orals due, my 'Influenza plays up' but other than that I've been taking a few days off school.

What? If you're unhappy with my entry today, call someone who cares.

June 1, 2005 (Same day, later)

To make up for my crappy entry, I'll show you an important revolutionary piece of Spiderman memorbilia (probably spelt wrong :P):

[IMAGE]

The Spiderman Phone! Comes complete with Malaysian accent!
If you'd like to see an example, be sure to check it out, courtesy of m00's file uploader!
It's QuickTime...

And it's still loading. I'll put it on once it loads.

And it turns out m00's uploader doesn't accept .mov. Can any one tell me about a filehosting website that does? For free?

June 3, 2005

After my first post, the 'Schools treat kids like adults', only today was this rule enforced. Because the Seniors were having exams, we Juniors had to sit on the ground, outside in rainy weather.

Gay.

Not only that, but an Emo kid tried to slice me with a spork, when I delivered my friend's cooking to the fridge.

I'll post more as it comes!

June 5, 2005

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT
"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of their life spans, which didn't take long. Do you have any idea what's the life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads, like the weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there's a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of meat! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

"So ... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? You're refusing to deal with what I'm telling you. The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat is the whole deal! Are you beginning to get the picture or do I have to start all over?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Thank you. Finally. Yes. They are indeed made out of meat. And they've been trying to get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"Omigod. So what does this meat have in mind?"

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the Universe, contact other sentiences, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat."

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello. Anyone out there. Anybody home.' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"
"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but they can't live on them. And being meat, they can only travel through C space. Which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the Universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who have been aboard our vessels, the ones you probed? You're sure they won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we marked the entire sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotations ago, wants to be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the Universe would be if one were all alone ..."

June 6, 2005
Nothing new to report, but I think I'll post a digital camera surprise tomorrow...

June 10, 2005

I'm really sorry about the promise I made for a digital camera surprise, but seeing as a Blasterworm destroyed all of my work, I'll simply tell you:
Me + 3m ledge + almost soft ground = pain and laughter.

Lately, the last two days have been two of my worst, minus the hardcore computer dilemma. Four people broke into my locker and stole my 'Emergencies Only' envelope, opening it and dispersing its contents all over the school. When I got angry and more or less roughed up the fat one, the other three came and gang bashed me. And kicked in my locker door. I've also been kicked down a two metre ravine, into mud and beaten up by a rowdy 16 year old repeatee. Then to make matters worse, after riding to work, some arse thought it would be funny to take the chain of my bike, resulting in me covered in oil and grease, riding home at eight 'o' clock with a jumpy bike, with three meat trays under my arm.

Pistol or Knife?

Alamo
May 29, 2005, 12:11 pm
dumb.

GunPowder
May 29, 2005, 12:20 pm
lol, Nice comic.
They sure treat them like the people of the future :), But the question is What kind of people? :P

Deleted User
May 29, 2005, 5:33 pm
Go make a blog or something.

Alamo
May 29, 2005, 5:44 pm
yey... a rambling blog... cool.

_Mancer_
May 29, 2005, 5:46 pm
I laughed.

?
May 29, 2005, 6:13 pm
I cried.

b00stA
May 29, 2005, 7:38 pm
I LOL'd.

Deleted User
May 29, 2005, 8:11 pm
b00sta, your avatar looks like a trembling waffle.

Deleted User
May 29, 2005, 8:17 pm
it is one.

Deleted User
May 29, 2005, 8:28 pm
Heh, ok. I thought it was just me.

Kazuki
May 29, 2005, 8:45 pm
lol, I laughed so hard at the comic. Good job. :)

Unlucky 13
May 30, 2005, 6:03 am
BAHAHA! That comic is just so stupid, its funny, IMO. It happens, school commities, governments, politicians and lawyers are taught that way, they must lie.

Captain Ben
May 30, 2005, 6:18 am
It's the truth.

AerialAssault
May 30, 2005, 6:51 am
in my school, if you dont tuck in your shirt. you get in school suspension for 3 days. which means in the mornings you get on a bus and go off to an alternative school instead of going to normal classes. and here, you also have to ask to sharpen your pencil. and you are given like 3 bathroom passes for 9 weeks.

Captain Ben
May 30, 2005, 6:53 am
Well I'm glad I don't go to your school.

Vijchtidoodah
May 30, 2005, 7:01 am
Lol, AA, sucks for you. I remember just walking out of class whenever we wanted. Most teachers didn't mind, and if they did, they generally didn't punish you as long as they didn't catch you in the act.

We could eat and drink in class, talk (albeit not loudly), and just generally goof around. Instead of punishing the kids that came into class drunk and stoned, the teachers would just make fun of them. If a kid was absent in English, the teacher would read their papers out loud and make fun of all the mistakes (great deterrent to keep kids in school). Dress code seemed to be the only problem (though not often), but only if you were a girl, and an ugly one at that.

Lol, I can remember the time that my teacher came into class on a motorized chair - a scooter - after he had knee surgery. When he got into his normal teaching chair, I ran up and jumped in the scooter as a friend grabbed on to the back and we went careening out the door and into the middle of school. We didn't come back for 15 minutes and, when we finally came in the door, the teacher didn't do anything except give us a stern look and take the keys out of the scooter.

Captain Ben
May 30, 2005, 7:08 am
Nice work, Vijcht! If I ever have a cat, I'll name him after you!

Unlucky 13
May 30, 2005, 7:13 am
Aww, that is a good name for a cat.
SHOTGUN! AHAHAHA! My cat's name!

Captain Ben
May 30, 2005, 9:46 am
That's pretty (Please refrain from swearing)ed up.

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 12:20 pm
cashews

?
May 30, 2005, 3:01 pm
My school is relaxed also, since its pretty small you can get to be good friends with the teachers and they will let you do stuff, plus seniors get treated awsome, since there was only 14 of us this year we pretty much did what we wanted. One of our favorite things to do was to give someone money and get them to go get us some Hardees for breakfast :p

Vijchtidoodah
May 30, 2005, 3:10 pm
Hmm...

Carl's Jr.? Since when?

BManx2000
May 30, 2005, 3:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultin my school, if you dont tuck in your shirt. you get in school suspension for 3 days. which means in the mornings you get on a bus and go off to an alternative school instead of going to normal classes. and here, you also have to ask to sharpen your pencil. and you are given like 3 bathroom passes for 9 weeks.

Hah! Now you know the downside of communism! ;)

NOTICE THE WINKING SMILEY

AerialAssault
May 30, 2005, 7:15 pm
lol, good one bmanx. but the school is biased against white males in order to be politcally correct, ive never seen them tell girls or blacks to tuck in their shirts. but i dont like how they have a "4-inches above the knee" rule for girls and skirts.

Melba
May 30, 2005, 11:01 pm
CASHEWS < PISTACCHIOS

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 31, 2005, 12:51 am
t, where do you live? Only 14 high school seniors?

LazehBoi
May 31, 2005, 1:39 am
Cashews RULE. Really.

Cookie.
May 31, 2005, 2:01 am
Cashews are in fact greater

m00`
May 31, 2005, 8:52 am
quote:Seeing as imageshack doesn't accept 2.16 mb pictures, you'll have to wait for tomorrow, as I can't figure out m00's uploader thing (???).

captain ben m00net uploader isnt very capable with uploading big files, sometimes they work sometimes they dont, just be patient and if it doesnt work then use somthing else ;p

Deleted User
May 31, 2005, 12:03 pm
lets all speak chinese and im not jk.........neigahai(i dont know how to spell it)

Captain Ben
May 31, 2005, 10:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`quote:Seeing as imageshack doesn't accept 2.16 mb pictures, you'll have to wait for tomorrow, as I can't figure out m00's uploader thing (???).

captain ben m00net uploader isnt very capable with uploading big files, sometimes they work sometimes they dont, just be patient and if it doesnt work then use somthing else ;p

I uploaded it, no problem. But I can't get to it.

Green Barret
June 1, 2005, 8:36 am
In Korea, every student has to wear an unconfortable uniform thats both ugly and annoying to wear. But the good side is that lots of stuff here are delivered. Not only pizzas but chicken, various types of noodles and rice, pork cutlet, laundry and much more. As long as I can sit here on my ass and eat whatever I want by phone, i'll wear anything to school(except red pants. Never ever ret pants).

Captain Ben
June 1, 2005, 10:12 am
I want to retire in Korea! I'll be your roomie and we can eat a variety of delivered goods, order laundry and I can wear RED PANTS!!!

?
June 1, 2005, 5:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfoxt, where do you live? Only 14 high school seniors?

South Georgia, in kinda a big town, I just went to a private school so there are less people in it.

Unlucky 13
June 2, 2005, 6:57 am
.zip the .mov to make it .good!

m00`
June 2, 2005, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
And it turns out m00's uploader doesn't accept .mov. Can any one tell me about a filehosting website that does? For free?

you know the smartest way to upload something is to put it in a zip :/

Captain Ben
June 2, 2005, 7:45 am
I'll try it when I get back from work.

Zero72
June 2, 2005, 6:52 pm
This topic rules.

Also, cashews = rox.

Did you know that they're actually beans? It doesn't seem so obvious at first, but once you think about it... yeah, of course they are.

R0L4ND
June 2, 2005, 7:24 pm
Spectacularly pointless. Yet intriguing.

Captain Ben
June 2, 2005, 9:38 pm
Thanks for the support! I'd like this to become a sticky, but I think I might have to talk to the moderators.

Vijchtidoodah
June 2, 2005, 10:50 pm
Captain Ben, why in the world would this thread ever be made a sticky?

Captain Ben
June 3, 2005, 6:46 am
Because my abhorrent thoughts on life would provoke people to think :P

Zero72
June 3, 2005, 6:52 am
Whoa, I didn't know thinking was a part of this thread. That puts things in a whole new perspective. Every time I think about something, I end up regretting it.

=P

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 12:07 pm
n

frogboy
June 3, 2005, 12:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenBecause my abhorrent thoughts on life would provoke people to think :P

This is the forums - people don't think.

Captain Ben
June 3, 2005, 1:58 pm
Heh. It was worth a try.

Zero72
June 5, 2005, 8:13 am
"Meat" is one of those words that just kinda loses its meaning after you say it a few times.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 12:57 pm
meat......were just meat

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 4:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascoon
That's a pretty fun game. Tough, though.

Maxx
June 6, 2005, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72"Meat" is one of those words that just kinda loses its meaning after you say it a few times.

Any word loses it's meaning if you say it enough times.

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 12:02 am
_

Captain Ben
June 7, 2005, 7:32 am
Yay! Now I got my digital camera conviscted when I did my 'surprise'...
Should be on tomorrow.

Unlucky 13
June 7, 2005, 8:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenThat's pretty (Please refrain from swearing)ed up.

I meant I shotgunned Vij's name.
I win his name!

Captain Ben
June 7, 2005, 11:23 am
How about I name mine Vijchtidoodah, and you name yours Vichtidoodah?

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 5:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Maxxquote:Originally posted by Zero72"Meat" is one of those words that just kinda loses its meaning after you say it a few times.

Any word loses it's meaning if you say it enough times.
Some sooner than others, though.

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 2:05 am
captain ben are you an alien?

Unlucky 13
June 8, 2005, 5:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenHow about I name mine Vijchtidoodah, and you name yours Vichtidoodah?

Hmm...
Yeah, OK, done deal!
*Thrusts out hand (which some gay guy rubbed his ass on in school today...)

Captain Ben
June 8, 2005, 7:32 am
Takes wearing gloves...

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 1:09 am
you havent posted anything new....

Kyklis
June 9, 2005, 1:43 am
Its called patience. Go buy a 6-pack of it.

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 12:13 pm
theres no stores around me that sell it? where can i get it?

Captain Ben
June 10, 2005, 6:46 am
Okay. I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately, because I've only been on library computers, and a Blasterworm pretty much deleted all of my files.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 1:10 pm
ok i say knife..........or a stolen gun, it really doesnt matter does it?

Captain Ben
June 11, 2005, 6:42 am
Yes it does. What happens when you kill a classroom full of people and forget a bullet for your self? I don't want to slit my throat. That would hurt.

Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:44 am
HEY Captain Ben!!! I always use the nickname Raptor, I use it since I played counter strike and soldat didn't existed, so please next time don't insult the nickname...

Rambo_6
June 18, 2005, 6:19 am
[IMAGE]