( search forums )
1.05 players organisation.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Oldies Soldat - v1.05b (closed)
LumpyFerret
February 5, 2003, 9:42 am
For those who do not want 2 play the new version of soldat....
That is fine...
Post some sort of details here such as email msn whatever, I think it is shown on personal details on the forums. Anyhow if you are interested in opening a permanent server, or many then post here so that I can contact people so that us cheapasses etc can still enjoy some fine soldat action.
Ill spearhead this or whatever, email me or talk 2 me on MSN if u want 2 set something up.

(moved to Oldies Forum - DNA.styx)

coval
February 5, 2003, 12:21 pm
my icq is 175491406
i'm gonna stick with 1.05b
lobby 1.05b is not working , someone is trying to force us to buy 1.1

polacy piszcie na GG 1491815

Outcast
February 5, 2003, 3:34 pm
Ill hold a permanent dedicated server up if you want.

mak89gt
February 5, 2003, 3:43 pm
http://mak89gt.proboards11.com/index.cgi?board=vote a voting thif i made up, register.
outcast: nice idea

toadsMoke
February 5, 2003, 4:00 pm
well, why doesn't someone make a v1.05b server ring? so, everyone that's planning to keep a v1.05b can tell one person and they can post all the IPs, since the lobby is now incompatible...

Karmasore
February 5, 2003, 4:07 pm
Somone get ahold of me with more details. I run a Soldat webpage and think the server ring would be a great idea. I am agreeing to do it only if you understand that I am by no means trying to alienate the new version of Soldat. I am doing it only as a resource to the Soldat Community.

jeff@gbashots.m4d.sm

--Jeff

toadsMoke
February 5, 2003, 4:38 pm
well, with every game this happens. with DOD, i remember seeing v1 servers still up for months after v2 was released.... people still love the game. there isn't a problem with it. people are still playing the new version. i think that the new version is much better than 1.05 personally.

-woohoo 200!

Outcast
February 5, 2003, 4:44 pm
*Look at that fancy graphics* , graphics doesnt matter.....*look at that fancy scenery* yea its ok but shouldn't be allowed for ppl to hide behind it cz campers like to hide behind that and that makes the game sucky. Nowhere to hide and almost nowhere to run, that's the way to do it.
*OMG, what cool slicky walls!* Oh yeah, gotta love em , you loose all control and get killed right away....good good...
*WOW, prone position* Prone + scenery = campish mutha [:-censored]ers everywhere just using their lame snipers to attempt to kill ppl and they sometimes actually do.
I could go on.....but am kinda tired from all this [:-censored].

1.05b power 4ever.

toadsMoke
February 5, 2003, 4:54 pm
bah.... too many people jumping on the 1.1 suck band-wagon.
i'm finding it hard to believe that people can actually say that it sucks this bad.

for me, more realistic = more fun.
v1.1 > v1.05

People, give michal some credit and wait for the patches before just getting up and leaving... give him the benefit of the doubt. he gave you thr benefit of soldat...

Outcast
February 5, 2003, 5:02 pm
DUDE....did you read the [:-censored]ing site.....some ppl actually like it for what its supposed to be...
A FAST PACED ARCADE

Karmasore
February 5, 2003, 5:11 pm
It's funny how some of you think using profanity makes you sound articulate.

In all actuality, it makes you sound like a moron.

Anyways, I am still interested in running this 1.0.5 server listing on my page. Get back to me.

jeff@gbashots.m4d.sm

--Jeff

Outcast
February 5, 2003, 5:20 pm
Moron? Well that's your opinion and i dont care what it makes me look like, it matters that ppl read it since its true. I wont even state my opinion. Ill just say wtf(I use profanity again, oh...sue me, i am a moron) are you as first. Secondly, that 1.05b server will be for ppl that think 1.05 is better not ppl that are stating their own(true) opinion look bad. Now, shush, go away.

Karmasore
February 5, 2003, 7:21 pm
I'm trying to make sense of your last post.

Anyways, I'm not here to start flame wars with people. Let's get this damn 1.0.5 server list going. Start by listing them here and then I will add them to my page. We can do it that way or you can e-mail me your server info.

jeff@gbashots.m4d.sm

--Jeff

vegetto
February 5, 2003, 7:49 pm
I haven't downloaded the new version yet so I still have 1.05

LumpyFerret
February 5, 2003, 10:52 pm
haha viva la revolution!. Yeah soldat 1,05b still works you just have 2 enter the server IP I tried it with superkill the other day and it worked fine.

mat
February 6, 2003, 6:47 am
hmm... i like 1.05 too, but as u read guys, there's no limitation on 110, if u like it buy it, if u are poor/wasted/whatever u can still play... so... it will b confusing having the 2 versions... (btw... i couldn't play right 110, it lags like hell... dunno... maybe is just me, but 105 didn't lag so much)

Outcast
February 6, 2003, 9:04 am
It's NOT about paying.....geez

LumpyFerret
February 6, 2003, 9:38 am
Yeah bout the total change and rooting of soldat

QuaD
February 6, 2003, 11:10 am
If someone dose have a lobby server source we can make a alternative 1.05b lobby server.
But I doubt that we will get that source code....

Karmasore
February 6, 2003, 7:07 pm
Yeah, if only we could get that source...

:(

salkku
February 6, 2003, 10:20 pm
http://62.233.202.165:31313/news.html
"Need lobby like this one or even better ?
I can make one for you TRSSam"

ask him to make you a own lobby or ask for the source code or something...
if u get it, outcast could set up a lobby server for 1.05b

btw, lumpyferret, why wouldn't that work... michal can't stop you interacting with your friends computer (dont take it hard,lol)

Karmasore
February 6, 2003, 10:31 pm
I'm glad I've finally heard from some of you through e-mail about getting a 1.0.5 server ring/competition league set up.

Also, thanks to everyone for visiting my page ;)

--Jeff

LumpyFerret
February 7, 2003, 7:51 am
Hey wot am I getting upset about again?
I just thought maby it wouldnt work or something.

Mossy
February 7, 2003, 4:22 pm
*Soldat Government should be formed!*

-One of the priorities could be to get a 1.05 lobby!

Karmasore
February 7, 2003, 10:54 pm
I have a close friend that works for Raven Software (ie: Soldier of Fortune 2, etc.) who is going to write a lobby server for 1.05b over this weekend. I will keep you posted.

It will be hosted on my page as soon as it's done.

--Jeff

LumpyFerret
February 8, 2003, 12:52 am
Sweeeeeeeet................SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so well just have 2 change the lobby IP I guess and everything will b sweet.

xx_nuclear_ice_xx
February 8, 2003, 1:01 am
Well i cant stand the new version you are kicked for high ping you are kicked for 30 minutes for high ping.... cant even play the darn game!

j
February 8, 2003, 5:13 am
as soon as there is a 1.05 lobby server i'll be there (hosting a ctf if there isn't a few good ones going already). keep up the good work.

zene
February 8, 2003, 8:40 am
Someone should organize 1.0.5 community like Geekboys etc.. :)

DeMo
February 11, 2003, 2:59 am
Ok.. I played 1.1.0 and I didn't like it.
The gameplay has changed...

The way you walk, jump, jet and shoot (I could shoot way better with my AUG in 1.05b)
It sucks.. hiding behind walls, tons of camping spots.. proning..
You can't spam grenades..

The M79 "bullet" is UGLY.. what is that WHITE-FLYING-EXPLOSIVE-SQUARE???

What is cool about the new version?
That sound effect when grenades explode near you.
The "ready-to-shoot" bar... now you know when your Barret is ready for action.
Map voting is also cool..

Anyway.. I guess I'll stick to 1.05b.
I can't host a server (56k), but I'll surely play in other 1.05b servers!

liquidis x snake
February 11, 2003, 3:45 am
im not saying that i dont play 1.1.2 at all, because i do. but yeah i would kill to have a good game of 1.0.5b! yahoooooieeee

xx_nuclear_ice_xx
February 16, 2003, 8:24 am
hahahahah who is that guy its like
ummmmmmmmm forgot

Aunt Jemima
February 16, 2003, 3:57 pm
someone (Dan hibiki?) from street fighter 3 alpha, m i right?

liquidis x snake
February 16, 2003, 5:06 pm
indeed... dan from various street fighter games, makes an appearance in super puzzle fighter, capcom vs. snk 2, marvel vs capcom 2, and a whole alot of other crap. --rolls around on the floor and shakes fist--

Dragnet12
February 16, 2003, 5:11 pm
I don't mean to sound rude but OUTCAST Shut the [:-censored] up

liquidis x snake
February 16, 2003, 7:53 pm
Dragnet, honestly, that was horribly rude. Outcast is wellrespected among the forums, hell, the Soldat Community as a whole. Don't tell him the shut the [:-censored] up. Its down right disrespectful. I respect Outcast a whole lot more than I do you, but I'm not hating on you or anything. Just don't disrespect our veterans like that.

Mossy
February 16, 2003, 7:55 pm
Soldat 1.05 should be labeled 'Soldat Classic' and get it's own lobby!

Outcast
February 16, 2003, 11:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dragnet12
I don't mean to sound rude but OUTCAST Shut the [:-censored] up

Shame on you, you do sound you rude hehe.
And damn you gotta gimme an issue to kno why did I deserve such vile language being used at me. [:(]

Dragnet12
February 16, 2003, 11:36 pm
Im sorry [:-weepn]

sanity
February 17, 2003, 7:29 am
awww poor dragnet...

ImaNUT
February 17, 2003, 3:12 pm
too bad I thought of this the day the new version came out.Thats why I asked for the 1.05 lobby software because I could be able to set up a lobby server.

enjoyincubus
February 17, 2003, 3:25 pm
Man, I can't believe so many people dislike the new game....Please tell me it has nothing to do with it going shareware. If that's the case, hell, I'll pay for you!! LOL j/k....I didn't like it at first because my skills with the m79 were gone. But I got used to it because everyone else did. You guys can form your own world of players, but wouldn't it be funner with more peeps to play with? Please don't leave us....Ok nm leave us if you want....But you have to worry about cheaters and we don't, so have fun....

CJ

sanity
February 17, 2003, 5:39 pm
Yes i agree the m79 in the new version acts so much differently to the m79 in 1.0.5. I think it sucks lol, I can hit a guy directly and he just keeps on runnin and with his auto weapon blows me away... its much harder to aim the new m79 on a [:-censored] ping too :(. 1.0.5 seemed to have alot more skill to it then the new version and alot better gameplay... but maybe its just me.

liquidis x snake
February 17, 2003, 8:20 pm
viva la 105b!

Evolution
February 18, 2003, 12:10 am
what i say is..........
1.11 and higher sucks!

ImaNUT
February 18, 2003, 4:28 am
weapons didnt change, the game went from killing to hiding behind [:-censored], and now with the nades all screwed up it takes more to kill the campers.

Mossy
February 18, 2003, 4:43 am
Evolution: so you don't like the new gfx?

sanity
February 18, 2003, 2:58 pm
gfx dont mean everything mossy even tho i myself like the new version as far as gameplay goes it blows compared to 1.0.5. maybe if i was home more when i was testing the beta i could have helped in that area lol. oh well...

liquidis x snake
February 18, 2003, 10:10 pm
sign my petition in General Discussions!

LumpyFerret
February 18, 2003, 11:39 pm
SOME ONE HAS 2 MAKE THE BLOODY THING......WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO????????????????