( search forums )
Beautiful Teamwork
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Norris Scott
June 1, 2005, 10:14 am
So yes, this was probably my favorite moment playing Soldat in Infiltration mode ever, and it happened tonight. I'm playing on red team, sides are an even 5 and 5, and blue has about 4 snipers and 1 AK-74er who's running around outside our base with a solid lead of 86 to 30. The map we're playing on is Outpost, so we're trapped pretty good with only two of our guys over by their base trying to get through the snipers to the flag.

So one of my teammates wanted to try and get a group formed to flood attack them, and I took it a step further and told the whole team to stay at base. Both the other guys died eventually and we were all there. We had one blue guy right outside the base, one in the covered area in front of it, a sniper at the hill and a sniper at the top of the structure on the other side of the hill. The other sniper was in the tunnel underground, so they had us staked out good.

We all come charging out, one of our guys turned and thew a knife at the blue outside our base, nailed him before he could get a shot off. I blasted the one in the covered area with my M79 when he hopped out, and all of us ran up the hill. One of our guys got taken out by the sniper but we blew through him, I made it over the hill and got sniped but the others kept going.

So I respawn and take off after them, and one of our guys had managed to fight over the bridge and get to the flag. I'm watching the kill screen all while I'm running to make sure he's not dead, and I get over the hill and on top of that wall thing in front of it. All three of the remaining guys who didn't die before me come blowing through, one with the flag, and the entire blue team on their tail. Me and the other red stopped and started holding them off, and one of the guys stuck with the flag carrier while the other helped us.

Flag carrier got through safe and only one of our guys died defending. So myself and the other red run over the bridge, I nab the flag, take off with the blue team coming down from their base and the guy I came with stayed to fight them off. He got killed but managed to take out like, two of them :P

So I'm running and the rest of my team comes flying up, I run by them and they just stop and open fire on the oncoming blues to defend. I make it and the instant I score the flag is captured by another guy, and we need one more cap to win. Time's running out with about 2 minutes to spare, blue's still ahead now 91-90 but we'd been doing great up to that moment, so it looked like we might pull it off.

Our flag carrier gets sniped and the guy in front of him catches the flag and runs with it, only to get AK74'd. Another flag pass occurs and this time the carrier manages to take out the guy on his tail and make it over the wall, because at that moment as I was coming up the hill he came flying over. I'd been watching the death list and the flag notices for most of my run back.

I stop and manage to take out another oncoming blue with my M79, but nearly get nailed by the one behind him. My teammates swamp him while I back off to reload, but there was no need because at that moment we scored and won the match.

I know, long post and probably not too spectacular to most of you, but just playing that game through all of that struggle was awesome for me. We really pulled it together at the end, the cooperation in the team was fantastic.

T-Money
June 1, 2005, 11:54 am
I love it when the team comes together like that...OT: your sig is friggin sick. Where'd you get it?

Norris Scott
June 1, 2005, 8:00 pm
Found that little gem on another forum awhile back and I've used it ever since :P

Svirin Kerath
June 1, 2005, 9:22 pm
yes, your sig is funny, and that story was awesome. i love teamwork stories. they truly warm my heart. =)

BManx2000
June 2, 2005, 2:41 am
quote:Originally posted by T-MoneyI love it when the team comes together like that...OT: your sig is friggin sick. Where'd you get it?

VGCats has it on the "featured webcomic" and now I know the hilarity that is Perry Bible Fellowship.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

wormdundee
June 2, 2005, 3:30 am
yes, Perry Bible Fellowship is awesome, i got there off of www.boredatwork.com

DB_Diablo
June 2, 2005, 5:13 am
wow that sounded like good teamwork

Even better then that one time on AvP2 that I forgot and I read it off the AvP2 forum :P

P.S. my friend is still laughing at your avatar >_>

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 8:36 pm
I wish teams can always be like that...

*sighs*

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 1:34 am
exatly its always no team work and all trying be the one who does it on his own (lol i wish i had a avatar like that lol) how do u get avatars?

Marine
June 4, 2005, 6:36 am
Haha, I love getting everyone together to do that.

Blowing through snipers like that is always sick, too. They just get totally overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Green Barret
June 4, 2005, 6:46 pm
Teamwork on INF games are extremely fun.

One time on Liss22's server(Korea based) I entered on blue team. The team was totally disorganised and there was no strategy whatsoever.

Since we were losing so badly I started assigning players to various posts.

The result was a solid lead wall of defense, thanks to teamwork. The red team couldn't even touch the flag.

Norris Scott
June 6, 2005, 6:02 am
Dunno why my sig keeps getting removed, I checked the size limits and everything...things should be in order. Ah well, I'll make it smaller once again and see how that goes.

Anyway, I love going up against a solid blue team because it's always fun breaking through their wall of defense. Challenging as hell, but if your team can pull together against theirs, it becomes an all-out war.

Another fun thing was back on an INF team, we started assigning who did what. I wound up playing sniper for a bit, but we had a lead gunman using an AK, a guy using the minigun for power backup, another using the minimi for tunnel clearance and crap. We had a good system going, managed to tear through the blues pretty fast.

Unfortunately I've had my fair shares of disorganized and bickering teams as well, it's depressing :(

Svirin Kerath
June 8, 2005, 10:00 pm
at least the depressing things make teamwork seem all the more special and fun. and sentimental (Please refrain from swearing) like that. =)