how good r u with the USSOCOM??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SPARTAN_III
June 1, 2005, 10:49 am
well?

i can own maybe 3 guys before being killed

Outcast
June 1, 2005, 10:53 am
Sure you can. Let's see if you can kill me with your socom while i have an aug :o

SPARTAN_III
June 1, 2005, 10:55 am
lol come on pls dont spam.

who wants a socom only server?

Outcast
June 1, 2005, 11:01 am
I'm not spamming. You didn't say it was only socom anywhere in your first post.
And it's funny how your saying how many people you can own with it when it all depends on the players skill. I'm pretty sure you'll die in about ~3 seconds from 3 average socom players.

June 1, 2005, 11:13 am
I'd go for knife, but theres this guy named SOCOM!!!!! who can own everybody with a socom. He won the match in games.himitsuchi, only using a socom.

Outcast
June 1, 2005, 11:19 am
Sure he can...let's not give him too much credit...or the people in games.himitsuchi for that matter.

T-Money
June 1, 2005, 11:51 am
SOCOM is, IMHO, one of the best weapons in the game. The relative lack of power is made up for by the large clip (for a semi-auto) and quick reload. I would actually choose a SOCOM over any other gun except the Ruger, Minimi or MP5.

KingerFisher
June 1, 2005, 12:50 pm
SOCOM is one of the best weapons ive ever used... It's really awesome wep and really capable to kill lots of ppl ^__^

For the question on the first post: I can take about 3-5 guys down with SOCOM before going down. Totally depends on the weapons the enemy uses. and btw Outcast, ive owned AUG users with SOCOM bfore ;) It's just the way you use it ;)

Kazuki
June 1, 2005, 12:55 pm
I agree. The USSOCOM is a very reliable weapon. One can go through a whole round using only a SOCOM, seeing as how it doesn't take much to kill an opponent and the shots are fired relatively quickly to the Desert Eagles or Ruger.

However, I don't feel comfortable with it. Sorry. ;D It's too strategic and slow for me. I like to be one of the people who plow through the level. Either I kill you, I die trying, or I miss you and chase you back to the base. Soccom just doesn't help me very much in those scenarios. :)

Deleted User
June 1, 2005, 1:17 pm
Man i love the socom that thing ownz, i love geting triples with this baby :)

Has a great fire rate and DECENT power.... i guess Takes 6 shots to kill but i still love it

SPARTAN_III
June 1, 2005, 2:43 pm
i'd go for socom instead of knife, since the whole throw thing doesnt work for me. we need to have a separate knife throw button from drop weapon.

Deleted User
June 1, 2005, 3:15 pm
Guns are for sissies. BE A MAN! USE THE SAW!

Meandor
June 1, 2005, 3:17 pm
SOCOM is really good for casual play. It doesn't have any advantage over other weapons, you will realize that if you haven't already when you play serious CWs. I did win a cw once with SOCOM only, but it was against noobs. Law and knife have a fairly more important strategical value when you're playing seriously.

Keron Cyst
June 1, 2005, 3:49 pm
Statistically the whole clip can kill two soldaten if you nail every shot. I can never get a hang of its odd firing trajectory...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 1, 2005, 4:54 pm
The socom is very strong if you can manage to weaken the enemy with your primary before shooting them with socom. Try throwing nades a bunch while using it. It seriously isn't that hard to own people with the socom though, especially when they are weak. Why would we need a separate throw button for the knife? I hate when I decide to have a little fun and use one of the secondaries as a primary and everyone does it. Thats just a pet peave of for me. Secondaries are the most fun weapons by far.

Outcast
June 1, 2005, 4:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by KingerFisherSOCOM is one of the best weapons ive ever used... It's really awesome wep and really capable to kill lots of ppl ^__^

For the question on the first post: I can take about 3-5 guys down with SOCOM before going down. Totally depends on the weapons the enemy uses. and btw Outcast, ive owned AUG users with SOCOM bfore ;) It's just the way you use it ;)

Sure, the only way i die to a socom player is if he somehow finds me with little ammunition or if i'm realoading...
Don't equate all players...On noob server's i can get 20:1 k:d...while on good ones i can sometimes barely keep a positive K:D....

KingerFisher
June 1, 2005, 5:15 pm
quote:
Sure, the only way i die to a socom player is if he somehow finds me with little ammunition or if i'm realoading...
Don't equate all players...On noob server's i can get 20:1 k:d...while on good ones i can sometimes barely keep a positive K:D....

Where did i say that i would kill you? I do not know your skills and so i dont go like "ill own your ass anytime you damn sicko!" or something like that. i just told that SOCOM can own a Steyer AUG EVEN if the Steyer AUG is full clip and the user is full healh.. But, everyone has their oppinions and lets not take this conversation to the point where were gonna yell about which is better... Those threads have been enough..

Outcast
June 1, 2005, 5:38 pm
Any weapon can own any weapon, that's widely known.

KingerFisher
June 1, 2005, 6:55 pm
Yesh, it is and lets not carry on it :P seen many topics going to the fight of which weapon is best ^__^

btw, just an half hour ago, owned 4red team guys with the SOCOM, full health all ^^ barret users, easy to handle with good aim :D

SOCOM OWNS!! :D had to say that :P

Judge_Man
June 1, 2005, 8:37 pm
"Able to kill 3-5 guys straight before getting killed" -someone
Try that in u13 private full. Good luck. (unless you health whore to the bone, you have really low chances to succeed)
Socom is really great, but it's still a secondary weapon.

Elemental
June 1, 2005, 8:43 pm
I think it really goes well when someone has a barret..if you miss barret, you can whip the socom out as a auto replacement

Spectral
June 1, 2005, 9:07 pm
Every time I decide to use SOCOM it surprises me with how good it is

damnnation
June 1, 2005, 9:15 pm
i hate that gun but it can be verrty helpfull sometimes

Melba
June 1, 2005, 10:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIwho wants a socom only server?

There practically is a soccom only mode,
but no one ever plays it anymore... shame

Cookie`
June 2, 2005, 12:14 am
"how good r u with the USSOCOM??"

Better than you ;)

SPARTAN_III
June 2, 2005, 9:23 am
no bragging, folks, be honest.

Green Barret
June 2, 2005, 10:35 am
quote:Originally posted by 117I'd go for knife, but theres this guy named SOCOM!!!!! who can own everybody with a socom. He won the match in games.himitsuchi, only using a socom.

Hey I saw him before. His name was a bit different(I don't remember it exactly). But I feel I have the right to brag that I owned him. But a skilled knifer is better than any socom user IMHO(if you can get close though). Overall, the socom is best for finishing off wounded people than facing an enemy with full health.

SPARTAN_III
June 2, 2005, 11:26 am
yeah, socom is one of the best non-autos. i dont use socom, i use ISA pistol! ROFL Killzone MOD!!!

Keron Cyst
June 2, 2005, 3:30 pm
I can never get used to its trajectory, so I can only kill close-by enemies...

SPARTAN_III
June 2, 2005, 3:42 pm
yeh, the drop is a bit odd.

Hoodlum
June 2, 2005, 6:50 pm
I am TERRIBLE with ussocom but hopefully I will get better.

lastpatriot
June 2, 2005, 9:32 pm
I use the socom in small maps. In small maps, SPAS and Socom ANNIHILATE.

Pulp
June 3, 2005, 4:09 am
It took some practice and a bit of programming, but i'm now able to use the socom as a shield by spraying around me, and slightly change the ballistic of the bullets heading to me.

F3nyx
June 3, 2005, 5:20 am
Every time I use the SOCOM I'm surprised at its power, but then I get tired of the slow bullet speed and weird bullet arc for medium-to-long-range combat, probably because I'm used to Deagles. I do, however, very much enjoy using a SOCOM/Knife combo in Advance Mode.

I guess I'm competent with it, but definitely nowhere near as good as I'd be if I actually used it consistently.

Keron Cyst
June 3, 2005, 6:08 am
I think I'd be psychologically prone to use it more if I modded it to something different, thus enhancing ability with it, but I'm too busy to do that right now...

that fuking sniper
June 3, 2005, 7:25 am
It's the only secondary I've used since I started playing. I can safely say that I do quite well with it.

lastpatriot
June 3, 2005, 11:58 am
This is how I use Seconds...

Socom-75%
LAW-24%
Knife-1%
Saw-0%

If I see Desert Eagles, I chuck the Socom to use those, for better power and arc, in my opinion.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 12:04 pm
i would rather choose a knife then ne secondary.

Captain Ben
June 3, 2005, 2:25 pm
I choose the knife, only because it's good to claim the wild shots you occasionally get :D
But if there was a match made in heaven it would be Socom and Knife!

Jamesmax0
June 3, 2005, 2:29 pm
Yea, the soccom is kick-ass when it is used correctly

i am ahab
June 3, 2005, 4:27 pm
true. but the knife is cool for a one hit kill.
depends on how you're trying to play. for example if you're assaulting the enemy to return a flag then a one hit kill as you're tear arsing towards their base is much more handy than trying to kill them with a party popper.
so im with kaz and outcast. circumstance man circumstance.
of course all good players understand that depending on respawn the more guys you kill on the way to the flag the more will have spawned and be waiting for you at the enemy base to defend the flagger.
no doubt however this post will be followed by someone saying
'YAYAR SOCOM RULS!1!'
or something like that thus rendering my babble useless....

Happy Camper
June 3, 2005, 4:40 pm
YAYAR SOCOM RULS!1!

DT
June 3, 2005, 10:21 pm
they have the same shooting style as deagles.. so i'm good with the socom....

i am ahab
June 3, 2005, 10:50 pm
hah u beeeech! *hugs happy camper*

SPARTAN_III
June 4, 2005, 2:33 am
socoms have more drop than deagles....

Marine
June 4, 2005, 6:19 am
USSOCOM is the most overpowered weapon in the game.

SPARTAN_III
June 4, 2005, 5:35 pm
^^WTF?

i would have said "ruger"

Marine
June 4, 2005, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III^^WTF?

i would have said "ruger"

Mainly you don't recognize that because people rarely use it. It's very deadly weapon. Fast reload, fast rate of fire, decent damage...what else could you want? Range is small, main disadvantage, but if you arch it well you can be a master with it.

Ruger is powerful at range, and at range you need to aim well to kill something. At close range = bink.

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 7:13 pm
deagles are also powerful. on realistic and point blank to short ranges, its headshot=kill.

Raptor
June 4, 2005, 7:39 pm
I am the law with the USSCOM, I promise

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 11:59 am
Socom pwnes! Clearly the best sec. weapon, though knife is way cooler..!!