( search forums )
New Nade types
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 2:24 am
I think you should be able on spawn to select ur nade type you could pick:

-Regular: the kind that you use now.

-Sticky: Like the ones you use in halo

-Hevey explosives: you "PLANT" rather then throw 10 sec detinate.

-Light: they would look like german stick nades and you can throw them extreamly far!

-splinter: when it hits a ton of bullets get shot out of it.

-Flashbang:doesnt do any thing ecept make your gun realy unacurate

-ULTRA: Is found rather then selected.

i think it would be awsome

off topic. whats with the post with little rectangle dudes iv seen a couple of them and i want to know what they are from.

DB_Diablo
June 2, 2005, 5:01 pm
eh, I don't think so, I just don't see how much of it would fit in with Soldat. These are soldiers out in the battlefield, not Special Forces operatives infiltrating a highly defended base to steal a cup of coffee and a box of donuts.

and I don't know what those rectangle dudes are, are they like pitch black?

kwanfei
June 2, 2005, 8:31 pm
None of these sound good for me

paramud
June 2, 2005, 10:26 pm
-Sticky: suggested before

-Hevey explosives: Suggested, and its HEAVY.

-Light: why not just use an m79?

-splinter: Thats called SHRAPNEL. and it wouldnt be very fun in soldat

-Flashbang: (Please refrain from swearing), thats just stupid.

-ULTRA: and what would Ultra do? kill everyone in the map? thats just stupid.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 12:20 am
i agree this sucks.

zyxstand
June 3, 2005, 12:50 am
most been suggested - most been rejected...(and i esp. don like the sticky since the regular nades explode on hit anyways!

lastpatriot
June 3, 2005, 1:07 am
What would a sticky do?

Just to see a guy running around yelling "ARGH! IT'S STUCK! OMGWTF1337WHAUGSAKJSGHDKAJZAMBONIDASKJHDCRABSHACKSAHDSAHGSDJHGSD!" Boom.

The only one I remotely like is shrapnel. Maybe, that could be an ultra rare pickup, to simulate that WW1-ish feel.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 2:41 am
Well if you think all the types are stupid why dont you be helpful and invent some new types. The idea here is get an idea we all like in to sodat. your more then welcome to fine tune my sugestions zdd new types ect.
besides the best part about playing this kind of game is haveing a cool arsonal. And if they arnt special forces why do they have jetboots grunts dont get 10,000,000$ jet boots do they? Im also prety sure youd get court marsheled or somthing for useing a chainsaw(or a LOT of paperwork would have to be filled out)We play this for fun not realism i can understand a little realism being need, if servers didnt like it it could be not allowed personly i think the M79 is cheap.

Ps and the rectangle dudes are like called lols or sompin

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 3:49 am
Oh i just thought of a new one get this:

-A Nade that can go back in time and........ KILL THE IDIOT THAT INVENTED FINALS
(and while its at it it can kill the guy who invented the exit exam)

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 4:59 am
wat if we could throw marshmallows instead of grenades????///????

Toni_Cicerelli
June 3, 2005, 5:25 am
Wow, its been about a year since i have posted and nothing has changed. Not in this section any way.

Ok, so about the post. I feel the Nades are lacking but non of those sugestions would really fit the feel of the game.

Keron Cyst
June 3, 2005, 6:14 am
Spawning with them is a terrible idea, as some of those sound more powerful than others.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 7:56 am
now were getting some where, if the new nade types where random powerups they would be better?
also i think the german stick nades would be cool if they had the right physics like if they rotate properly plus they do give the game that war feel mabey in CTF red could get frag and blue could use stick?

Meandor
June 3, 2005, 7:56 am
I'll repost my uber awesome nade idea.
Instead of exploding, it 'implodes' and sucks nearby stuff in. The damage radius would be similar to that of a grenade, just a little smaller. Players caught in the center of the explosion receive max damage. Would be cool to see in ctf.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 8:01 am
It would be cool but i think i already got flamed for the "nades have fit in to the soldat experiance" rule :(

P.S what time zone is the Fourm clock on?

Green Barret
June 3, 2005, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorI'll repost my uber awesome nade idea.
Instead of exploding, it 'implodes' and sucks nearby stuff in. The damage radius would be similar to that of a grenade, just a little smaller. Players caught in the center of the explosion receive max damage. Would be cool to see in ctf.

Awesome! Reminds me of the gravity gun in HL2. However, I don't think it would be possible or practical...

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 8:08 am
If youve ever played codename gordan its remotly like sodat and they made the gravity gun work, but even if we did it be just copying them we need fresh ideas.(or ones that were relly populer 10 years ago and not remeberd now)

SPARTAN_III
June 3, 2005, 9:11 am
meandors is nice, but trogdorxlrs suck, the only good one is shrapnel

Captain Ben
June 3, 2005, 10:16 am
I was thinking about Meandor's idea, so let me give this a try:
By imploding, everything gets sucked in, but when players do, their bodies then get launched out, three times the speed they got pulled in by.

But with all of those grenade types, you need to even them up. e.g. light nades that can be thrown far have a smaller, less damaging explosion.
Big nades have a bigger, more powerful explosion, but you can't throw them far, etc.

Jamesmax0
June 3, 2005, 2:19 pm
I think the only one remotely usefull on a map would be the regular nad

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 2:51 pm
I like nades ^^

@Meandor : and whats the point ? I didnt understand it clearly :\

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 1:17 am
Allright so we establesh that out if all the nade types so far the "Vortex" and splinter are the best feel free to thwow out new types i dint want to get flamed in how bad my ideas suck. saying i dont like it once is enouf.

so any other ideas for nades plz

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 4:17 am
Keep it simple. Keep the current grenade...it's good enough.

Marine
June 4, 2005, 6:23 am
Flashbangs would be awesome, I must admit.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 11:46 pm
Yea it be able to help charges on infiltation maps

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 12:09 am
pyro and flashbang. pyro nades ignite an inferno around the explosion, like in teamfortress.

shrapnel sounds nice, too.

SPARTAN_III
June 7, 2005, 8:52 am
^^ known as INCENDIARIES, those fire ones.

i have wanted more fire in soldat, and azn's idea sound great. flashbang, if u look at it directly, makes ur screen go white

Meandor
June 7, 2005, 6:21 pm
In reply to those that said the 'imploding' nades would be useless: currently, when you throw a nade to someone you're chasing you might just end up boosting him. This one does the opposite. And sort range weapons users might prefer this kind over the normal one.

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 6:33 pm
imploding hand granade??? please... it sounds like it is in the category of plasma rifles and death rays. :P to un realistic.. (atleast I never heard of imploding hand grenades.)

Meandor
June 7, 2005, 8:44 pm
Oh, not again. All people that mention realism in soldat should try to survive a ruger bullet point blank as a reality check. Or try to jump off a window with propellers under their shoes. The list goes on...

gunny
June 8, 2005, 3:44 am
well, the sticky grenades would get rid of the

" what the hell i know that nade hit you! laggg!"

bull(Please refrain from swearing)

Captain Ben
June 8, 2005, 7:44 am
It would be fun to see a blinded player running around stupidly with a sticky grenade on their back :D

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 9:39 pm
Don't forget DETONATORS!

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 1:02 am
TradeMAAK, please check the date on the topic you post and besides the "DETONATORS" are what trogdor calls "heavy grendes:the ones that you plant"

Pvt. Parts
July 2, 2005, 2:31 am
Maybe there could be an option in the weapons menu to choose your grenade type.

Green Barret
July 2, 2005, 5:06 am
People, many people complain about grenade spamming. Think what would happen with a bunch of morons spamming detonators, incendiaries and flashbangs(at spawn too)...

thelizno
July 2, 2005, 5:48 am
nuh, not interested. it's good the way things are.
it's more than enough to switch secondary now, every now and then during a match.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 8:23 am
Detonator - u plant, then use the remote to make it go BOOOM!!!

Raptor
July 4, 2005, 12:04 am
Have this in mind... every time you pick a grenade box, you'll get 1 - 5 grenades (depending on the configurations made to the game) and if you pick a cluster grenades box you'll lose all your fragmentation grenades... so how will you do to pick the grenades you like without stepping on another grenade box and losing your newly picked grenades?

Nuts
July 4, 2005, 8:38 pm
Why does everyone hates every idea in this forum???

I like this idea, i also would like to add gas-grenade which doesnt kill, but makes fog.

VodkaZombie
July 4, 2005, 9:44 pm
Most of these nade modes arent neccesary, and when you say Hevey explosives you mean mines?

kestask
July 4, 2005, 11:12 pm
guys.. why dont we add RC toy cars, which explode? or what about an extra special which.. makes your shoes heavier! so you cant run as fast! and it's disguised as a berserk special!

how about.. a decreased gravity mode!? we could call it.. MOON MODE! and there could be random meteor showers!

or maybe.. future weapons mode! we could have lasers.

wait wait it's coming to me... suicide bomber mode!! this would let you do suicide bomb attacks!

kestask
July 4, 2005, 11:21 pm
seriously guys what the hell is a 'nade'? please dont tell me youre abbreviating 'grenade'

kestask
July 4, 2005, 11:25 pm
okay I think moon mode should have little astronaut costumes, future mode should ahve storm trooper costumes, and suicide bomber mode should have little turbans, what do you think?

VodkaZombie
July 4, 2005, 11:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by kestaskseriously guys what the hell is a 'nade'? please dont tell me youre abbreviating 'grenade'

We are.

Boxo
July 5, 2005, 2:41 am
kestask: haha, genious, those ideas need to be in 1.2.2!

About the nades: most of these sound pretty retarded, but I've always wanted to see some sort of a frag grenade, the kind that shoots quick hurtful fragments all over, like an IRL grenade. It could replace the current cluster grenades, which are pretty stupid.