( search forums )
"Wrong Map Version Detected"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 3:36 am
I made my own map, however anyone who downloads the map and trys to join gets kicked rigth away and sends this message. However if you where in the game before the map was loaded, everything turns out fine. So if you join into the game where this map is loaded, you get kicked. But if youre playing lets say Inf_Abel, and then the map changes to myn, everything turns out normal. However even if you managed to download it fine before, rejoining the the map wont work either. So the only possible way to play this map is to start off with a different map and then switch. ><. Anyone know what the problem is? I wanna play my map ...

Keron Cyst
June 2, 2005, 3:32 pm
None of the other people have your map, so they get booted out. Map selection goes by what maps you have, not what the server or any others have.

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 6:06 pm
I figured it out, atleast i think so. Maps that dont have waypoints cant be played online. After adding waypoints everything works now.

Edit: NVM, it still does the same thing but however it from time to time it lets on a few people, 95% of it is kick tho.

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystNone of the other people have your map, so they get booted out. Map selection goes by what maps you have, not what the server or any others have.

I have opened the download port, so they download it before they get on. Also i get the same probelm when i try to play my own server. Also if someone plays the game, and then disconnects and tries to reconnect the same thign happens. Im not computer illiterate man.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 1:18 am
Alright. Alright, there is no need to be angry at Keron for trying to help.

The answer is very simple, just make sure they download your map before they try to play on your server.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 1:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliAlright. Alright, there is no need to be angry at Keron for trying to help.

The answer is very simple, just make sure they download your map before they try to play on your server.

I dont understand... If the map is not found it downloads it before connecting to the server. Also if i host a dedicated server, and then run the game, the same thing happens, and i have the map, so something else must be the problem.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 3:48 am
To clarify even further, make sure your friends have the map before they try to play. Upload it somewhere for them to download until the problem is fully resolved.