( search forums )
Trouble with flamer
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Bot Forum
DB_Diablo
June 2, 2005, 5:11 pm
I know, I know, this has been posted before several times, but I looked in those posts and all anyone has said is something along the lines of 'They won't always use that weapon.' Well, They don't EVER use it, if you specify the Flamer as a bots favorite weapon they only ever use their fists, they won't even use their secondary weapon.

If there is any way to make the bots use the flamer I would appreciate someone telling me, so I can make my firebats. ;)

Also, why do some bots use random weapons if you specify a weapon other than knife or chainsaw?

The Certified Psychopath
June 4, 2005, 7:12 am
Well, there doesn't seem to be any way at all to make the bot you specify use the Flamer, if it worked it would be cool though.

Actually for both questions the only guy you can ask is Michal, becuase he made the game, and no one else really knows why it works like that.

Raptor
June 4, 2005, 7:48 pm
You can't make a bot use the flamer, because the flamer lasts 15 seconds...

DB_Diablo
June 4, 2005, 11:15 pm
if you can give em rambo & flaming rambo bows, you should be able to give em a flamer

Mike_Moose
June 14, 2005, 4:07 am
You can make ur bot have a Flamer, Friend of mine did it, sent me the bot, and now I lost it. But ive tested it, and it does use a flamer. I just cant remember what you type to make it use it

DB_Diablo
June 14, 2005, 6:05 pm
well maybe the bot maker is broken

Unlucky 13
June 15, 2005, 9:35 am
quote:Originally posted by DB_Diablo
...why do some bots use random weapons if you specify a weapon other than knife or chainsaw?

You don't specify it as their only weapon, but as their favourite weapon. They should use the weapon you assign most, but use others too.
It's kinda like me and, with different weapons, a lot of real players, I use the Spas-12 almost permanently, but I use the Barret, Desert Eagles and on the odd occasion the Ruger every now and again (Although Ruger is commonly accidental, damn mouse).

Rambo_6
June 15, 2005, 1:45 pm
Ruger owns.

I used to have a working flamer bot... Now he just uses the socom. :/