( search forums )
Need help with server
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
g3rm Clanmaster- Smog
June 2, 2005, 9:11 pm
I'm having trouble with two things.

One, no one can download maps from my server. I did set the "allowdownload" variable to "1" in the soldat.ini file, and it still is a problem.

Second, I'm curious about what the setting "Never foreward clients (firewall with open ports)" means.

I'd really appreciate it if someone would help me out.

Peace,
Smog

Deleted User
June 2, 2005, 10:04 pm
Ensure that whatever base port you're using (such as 27073) has the map port open as well. The port from which to download maps is always 10 above the base port, so:

If your base port is 27073, then 27083 must also be open. If your port is 1000, then you must open 1010 to allow map downloads.

I'm assuming the "Never Forward Clients" option is used for servers interacting with clients behind a restrictive firewall (or vice versa).

Michal Marcinkowski
June 3, 2005, 6:43 pm
>> "Never foreward clients (firewall with open ports)"
If you have a firewall and you opened the ports and everything works you should check this.

If you leave it unchecked then there is an option in Soldat for firewalled servers so people can join it through the lobby server, basicly the server connects to the client not the other way. In this case the client must not be firewalled.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 2:43 am
i have NO idea how to run my soldat server. do i upload it into a webhosting service? i recently made a new clan and i want to know how to host my own. Please email me at killzoneklan@gmail.com because i am REALLY stuck here :(

Keron Cyst
June 13, 2005, 4:40 am
Could've started a new thread...

go to Options & select Internet at the top. Check the 'box underneath it. Give your server a name, and a password if you want. Now go start a game and wait for people to join.

If that doesn't work and people complain that they're stuck at Requesting Game... like me, check the Stickies at the top of this forum sub-body.