( search forums )
weapons-gfx
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
June 3, 2005, 1:39 pm
probably done before, but hear me out:

FLIPABLE M2s AND RAMBO BOWS DAMNIT!!!

why cant we have m2-2 and bow-2 like any other weapon? also, why cant we have a separate gfx for the flame bow and normal bow??

this would end my frustration with non-symmetrical m2s and bows.
this would also give more modding capabilities

Meandor
June 3, 2005, 1:50 pm
Is it THAT important?

Captain Ben
June 3, 2005, 2:18 pm
It's really hard to explain my idea...
Instead of the weapon bitmaps being right in the corner, it would be way better if they were out in the middle a bit more.
Here's a picture to explain (kind of :P):

This is what they're like now, in the corner.

[IMAGE]

This is how they'd be better, more out in the middle of the page.

[IMAGE]

By not only doing this to weapons, I think gosteks and explosions, etc could really benefit from it for modding capabilities. By doing this, helmets coud be bigger (wider), etc.

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 3:39 pm
And add feathers! Woohoo!

i am ahab
June 3, 2005, 4:14 pm
agreed. but not the feathers.

Michal
June 3, 2005, 8:34 pm
Yes, I would like this. It would open up more possibilities...

Keron Cyst
June 4, 2005, 1:19 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorIs it THAT important?
Heck! Who doesn't want to see a LAW that's finally mounted on the user's shoulder?! B-)

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 1:20 am
is that the acual sprite for the gun ?

Captain Ben
June 4, 2005, 2:39 am
Nah, that's my modded Steyr Aug.

Marine
June 4, 2005, 6:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenIt's really hard to explain my idea...
Instead of the weapon bitmaps being right in the corner, it would be way better if they were out in the middle a bit more.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

By not only doing this to weapons, I think gosteks and explosions, etc could really benefit from it for modding capabilities. By doing this, helmets coud be bigger (wider), etc.

YES!!!!

And I could make some sex-ass scopes.

Thank God. Someone else actually shares this idea.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 4, 2005, 8:45 am
hmm well i can't see anyhthing better from that but im not a modder

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 12:21 pm
What he means is, you can add more crap and stuff because you would have more space to work with.

Captain Ben
June 4, 2005, 12:39 pm
Yeah. I always hated it how you couldn't have bullet clips longer than the handles of the guns when they're upside down.

blackdevil0742
June 4, 2005, 1:48 pm
this would be awsome :P

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 4:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenIt's really hard to explain my idea...

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Sheer Briliance, I love it

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 7:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by MeandorIs it THAT important?
Heck! Who doesn't want to see a LAW that's finally mounted on the user's shoulder?! B-)

Agree with ya Keron. :-)

Michal Marcinkowski
June 4, 2005, 7:34 pm
I would have to change the whole gostek drawing code if I made Captain Ben's idea (that's how crappy it is programmed, sorry). I'll see what I can do about m2-2 and bow-2.

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 7:45 pm
interesting idea, but then all the mods will have to be remade... :(

Keron Cyst
June 4, 2005, 8:03 pm
Bah, it's worth it!! B-)

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 9:18 pm
w00000000000t0- i like it

Captain Ben
June 5, 2005, 1:04 am
Darn, I guess it would have been nice to see, though. It would have been nice as well if the bullets did that...

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 1:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI would have to change the whole gostek drawing code if I made Captain Ben's idea (that's how crappy it is programmed, sorry). I'll see what I can do about m2-2 and bow-2.

I relise that. And I dont realy expect it to be implimented, its just a nice idea :p No need to appologize.

SPARTAN_III
June 7, 2005, 8:54 am
the lord hath spoken! amen.

so, i can finally make my railgun if this happens.

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 11:06 am
wow.. i feel the ideas flowing in:D

Snowman.RCP
June 8, 2005, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI would have to change the whole gostek drawing code if I made Captain Ben's idea (that's how crappy it is programmed, sorry). I'll see what I can do about m2-2 and bow-2.

Is this so difficult to make the idea of Center gun? You could probly make a script that change the enplacement of the Gostek on the Soldat. Wait ill show you :

[IMAGE]

Svirin Kerath
June 8, 2005, 9:48 pm
so simple, and yet... so genious! i love it!

then we can animate them! muahaha! and make them capable of switching between multiple sets in-game! bwahahahahaha!! and edit the stats with a weapons editor! bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

*ahem* well, one step at a time.

gunny
June 9, 2005, 3:47 am
uhhh, it's not that easy

lets remember michal has a life too... but that can open a whole for new guns, and new gun sizes

i just have a question:

when you change the size of a soldat's head, to make it bigger, wouldn't you still have to re-code so bullets will acually hit the new lengthend head part? instead of just flying through it?

Unlucky 13
June 9, 2005, 6:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Snowman.RCP
Is this so difficult to make the idea of Center gun? You could probly make a script that change the enplacement of the Gostek on the Soldat.

*Picture here*

Remeber that the old mods will not be compatable (well... look as good), if you do edit the coding.

The first idea (Spartan's one) is the one I like.

SPARTAN_III
June 9, 2005, 12:06 pm
heh, thanks unlucky. plus, that won't make mods incompatible because of placement.

well if this gets implemented (glances at MM) then you know what to expect from me.......

an explosive firing railgun. now there's a thought....

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 2:49 pm
The gun we've all been waiting for!!!

The Ewok Cannon!