( search forums )
Blue Screen Please Help
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 2:07 pm
Whenever I try to begin playing Soldat, the game seems to be locked into 800x600 resolution, but thats the least of my worries. Whenever I click start/join game, it comes up to a blue screen, and then freezes. The only way out of it is to ctrl+alt+delete out. I tried all of the fixes posted in this forum and nothing seems to help. The only way I can get the actualy game to start is if I go into Soldat setup, and turn the sound driver completley off. Therefore I obviously have no sound. Anyone know of a way to fix this??

b00stA
June 3, 2005, 3:15 pm
Soldat uses 640x480, not 800x600. What do you mean by "locked into 800x600"? Try using windowed mode.

What sound card do you have? Have you updated the drivers for it?

i am ahab
June 3, 2005, 4:18 pm
yeah dude share yr machine specs.
plus:
do the drivers currently on your sound card support directx 8.1 and/or higher?
if not can you upgrade to ones that do?
can you play any other games?
if so click on start->run and type dxdiag and hit enter
you should be able to navigate to the sound box to test the direct sound that soldat uses.
as boosta said have you tried it in windowed mode? dont freak out about the screen resolution thing...

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 7:25 pm
I have seemed to fixed it by right clicking the Soldat.exe and going to the Compatability tab, and Turning it to Windows 95. Thanks for the help anyway.

i am ahab
June 3, 2005, 11:01 pm
hmm ok well for future issues can i just ask what windows you are running? (i'd guess xp), what directx? and the specs of yr pc?
cheers dude happy playing...

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 3:37 am
Windows XP Home Edition
Direct X 9.0c
2.6ghz Celeron Processor
766MB Ram
256MB ATI Radeon 9550