( search forums )
Sig....
Soldat Forums - Misc - Please do all of your testing here
Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 8:24 pm
Is this sig breaking the rules? It has two lines of text and one image under the size limit. Could a mod answer me please

Deleted User
June 3, 2005, 8:52 pm
Looks like three lines of text to me. Plus, I think you exceed the character limit for each line that goes with a picture

Cookie`
June 7, 2005, 3:22 am
RTFM! Or rules in this case..
And simply put it breaks the rules

"# A signature may consist of both text and an image, but in this case, text may not consist of more than 2 lines, and 43 characters in length. The text in question should be aligned directly above/below the image to keep your signature small."

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 1:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie`RTFM! Or rules in this case..
And simply put it breaks the rules

"# A signature may consist of both text and an image, but in this case, text may not consist of more than 2 lines, and 43 characters in length. The text in question should be aligned directly above/below the image to keep your signature small."

I see, So it was breaking the rules (Its okay now, I checked) And I did see that about 43 characters, but about 10 forumers that have been here awhile have text and an image longer than that :-s

N1nj@
June 8, 2005, 12:26 am
report them

Cookie`
June 8, 2005, 3:21 am
actually it is 50 characters in that one line so you are still breaking the rules... as far as I can see you do not know what a character is.... >.< ... and just because other people are breaking the rules it does not excuse you from abideing by them as well... in a more extreme example its like you saying "oh 5 people got away with murder and were not punished for it that means i will not if i murder someone too" fix the sig and report the ones who break the rules as ninja said...

Vijchtidoodah
June 8, 2005, 4:10 am
I've seen five other people eat cookies...mmmm...

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 4:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie`actually it is 50 characters in that one line so you are still breaking the rules... as far as I can see you do not know what a character is.... >.< ... and just because other people are breaking the rules it does not excuse you from abideing by them as well... in a more extreme example its like you saying "oh 5 people got away with murder and were not punished for it that means i will not if i murder someone too" fix the sig and report the ones who break the rules as ninja said...

I was not saying that if they were wrong and got away with it I could do it, I was asking if it was okay because for all the time they've been here they have'nt been warned or anything. It was just a simple question. You dont need to come at me and be a jerk.
And it says it cant be LONGER than 43 characters. I compared it in MS paint to make sure and its under the size of 43 characters. They chose 43 because when you put it on size 1 text its the same lengh as the image size limits. So the whole point is to have everything one size, and it is. And before you try and come back and defend yourself, I'm not atacking you, so I dont expect a reply to this message about me being a forum newb or somthing degrading.

Cookie`
June 8, 2005, 10:01 pm
Fecking forum noob count the characters it is 50... 50 being greater than the number allowed stated in the rules, the number stated in the rules being 43. You know what this makes you? 7 characters over the rule! >: |
So fix your sig and make it comply with the rules... ".:|-" all count as characters as well as spaces

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 3:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie`Fecking forum noob count the characters it is 50... 50 being greater than the number allowed stated in the rules, the number stated in the rules being 43. You know what this makes you? 7 characters over the rule! >: |
So fix your sig and make it comply with the rules... ".:|-" all count as characters as well as spaces

"Forum noob". . .that made me laugh. Back to the point, I know that ".:" count, but you obviously did not read what I posted before you posted (as I predicted exactly). So I suggest you read what I posted about it being longer in actual size, not letters. And check before you say "fix your sig" I alredy made it 43. And before you come back with some reply bashing for no reason again please read this post correctly. I will not reply to any more of your messages because my point has been made and to continue on would just turn this into a flame war. So with that, I thank all of you who actualy made a contribution to this thread.

Still no hard feelings

Respectfully, Field Marshal BM

Cookie`
June 10, 2005, 12:00 am
Note it is 50 characters in length it does not matter thatit is under 300 pixels in length its the fact that it goes over the 43 character limit.... 50 characters! 7 more than allowed! /me golf claps

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 12:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie`Note it is 50 characters in length it does not matter thatit is under 300 pixels in length its the fact that it goes over the 43 character limit.... 50 characters! 7 more than allowed! /me golf claps

I see what you are saying now, you could have said it calmy in the first place. It's not 50 anymore, it has'nt been for two days. It's 43 now. And that was the point of this thread, to ask if it was breaking the rules. so there was'nt any need to go postal in your first post. This is why I wanted a mod to anser me

Alright, in any event its over. Please dont post any more

Cookie`
June 10, 2005, 2:07 am
What are you gunna do if I post! :P I will have the last laugh! Lock this topic mods! keke

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 2:10 am
Uh, nothing :p Anyhoo, no hard feelings, k? The thing I hate the most is when forumers are "out to get you" :p

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 2:41 am
mwahahaha