( search forums )
Mega Man 2.0 - DOWNLOADABLE FOR REAL SERIOUSLY
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Zero72
June 4, 2005, 3:04 am
Downloadable here from Meandor's webspace:
www.turrino.com/soldat/MegaManMod20.zip

Also, Denacke has kindly set up this mirror: http://denacke.net/soldat/mods/Zero72/megamanmod20.zip

The following is shamelessly copied and pasted from the included readme.

Creator's note: This mod isn't perfect, I'll be the first to admit. Busters don't always line up properly, especially the Centaur Arrow, the sizes of the projectiles are a bit inconsistant, and so on and so forth. Just remember one thing: It's Soldat. You can turn everybody into bright purple stick figures shooting rainbows at each other, and it's still Soldat. There's only so much you can do to make it look anything like Mega Man, and I did what I could.

With that in mind, I am very happy to release Zero72's Mega Man Mod 2.0!

Here's the crap I modded:

*People into Reploids (robots, for you non-MM-educated folk.)
*Blood into sparks and a little blood, a la the Mecha Soldat mod, with MS's creator's permission, mind you.
*Explosion, with sound.
*ALL weapons, with sound.
*Lots of neat other sounds, modern and retro alike.
*Mega Man-style default interface.

Helmet= Zero's helmet.
Hat = X's helmet.
Normal hair = Mega Man-style hair.
Mr. T hair = visor for helmets.
Silver chain = red scarf.
Gold chain = yellow scarf.

Bonuses:

*Previously unreleased registered interface: Zero72 Blue. The original red version is available elsewhere on Soldatforums.
*Mega Man X bot.

[there's a special thanks section here, but I decided to remove it for some odd reason]

Please enjoy the mod. It was a lot of work!

~Zero72

[IMAGE]

Cookie`
June 4, 2005, 3:19 am
From that screen It actually looks quite excellent ;)
I will proabybly down load it when its finished uploading

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 3:20 am
I wasn't sure how the interface would go over; Glad you seem to like it.

Elemental
June 4, 2005, 3:26 am
Looks really nice, I like the gosteks :P

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 3:32 am
The gostek is what everybody seems to like most about it. I am rather proud of it.

Cookie`
June 4, 2005, 3:46 am
to be honest i;m not fond of the interface ;) i do like the way teh weapons interface is though..
along with the gostek explosions bullets omfg gj once again ;)

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 3:54 am
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was referring more to the weapon icons; those little square thingies in place of the weapon images. It was the only decent thing I could think of to do.

I'm really glad you're impressed so far, and I hope you enjoy it when it becomes available.

Keron Cyst
June 4, 2005, 4:15 am
You should rotate the interface so health & stuff drains downwards. Gotta love those interface gun graphics B-)

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 8:21 am
Woow , it looks nice ! But its that LAW name wrong ? Dive Missle ? Should'nt be Dive Missile ???

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 4, 2005, 12:30 pm
looks nice!

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 12:48 pm
Zero72 - what is it with the megaman mods? we got plenty..

m00`
June 4, 2005, 1:25 pm
HHH - what is with your explosion mods? their all ripped...

(and no HHH there isnt plenty of magaman mods, i think this is the only one alone with his old one..)

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 2:15 pm
I Found the nuke as a gif file! i didn't rip them so piss of you lowlife spammer!

Meandor
June 4, 2005, 3:08 pm
Your explosions ARE ripped, as in you made them for available soldat but the design is not your own. Now cut it off.
Zero, I don't know if I'm able to receive it via messenger.. how big is it?

xxkelbaxx
June 4, 2005, 4:04 pm
Looks amazing. I've been waiting for this mod for a few months now

Deleted User
June 4, 2005, 4:30 pm
looks really nice. but i dont like the knife and chainsaw, theyre just not my style. but if thats whtat they look like in mega man... so be it.

Keron Cyst
June 4, 2005, 5:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHZero72 - what is it with the megaman mods? we got plenty..
Dude. There are at least 7 unique weapons for every MegaMan game, considering the X games alone.

DeMonIc
June 4, 2005, 5:26 pm
This looks promising, if you got a link up I'll be sure to download it to check it out.. but that shot in one of the screens looks familiar. I think Nuzz' Dbz mod had something very much like that. Thought you'd ought to know.

SPARTAN_III
June 4, 2005, 5:30 pm
wtfs with the thing called P??? looks like his helmet.
but a very nicely done gostek.

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 7:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystYou should rotate the interface so health & stuff drains downwards. Gotta love those interface gun graphics B-)
The Registered interface included was done in the style of MMX5, and does drain downwards. Can't be done with an unregistered interface, sadly. quote: Woow , it looks nice ! But its that LAW name wrong ? Dive Missle ? Should'nt be Dive Missile ???Don't think so... quote: Zero72 - what is it with the megaman mods? we got plenty..Had me fooled. quote:Zero, I don't know if I'm able to receive it via messenger.. how big is it?Turns out that I'm back home a bit early this weekend, so I will be able to just e-mail it to you. Thanks. quote: looks really nice. but i dont like the knife and chainsaw, theyre just not my style. but if thats whtat they look like in mega man... so be it.The Z-Saber is a real Mega Man thing, but the Beam Dagger is just a generic weapon that I came up with for version 1 and decided to leave it. Basically a stumpy Z-Saber. Same sound effect and all. quote: This looks promising, if you got a link up I'll be sure to download it to check it out.. but that shot in one of the screens looks familiar. I think Nuzz' Dbz mod had something very much like that. Thought you'd ought to know.That'd have to be a coincidence. Unless you're thinking of version one of my mod, where a couple of the mini-screens were basically just like the ones here. Thanks, though. quote: wtfs with the thing called P??? looks like his helmet.
but a very nicely done gostek.That's the regular old Buster. It was denoted by a big letter P on the pause menu for the first few games, and I made the icon the old Mega-Man-face 1-up icon just for chuckles. Glad you like the gostek.

I'll be E-mailing it to Meandor shortly. 'cause he rules.

Raptor
June 4, 2005, 7:40 pm
WOW! It must be cool!

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 7:57 pm
I'm really glad for all your comments. This is making my day.

Oh, and here's a screen of the included registered interface.

[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
June 4, 2005, 8:02 pm
Ah, right... it drains in percents, so lines dividing health pips would be useless :-P Still, that owns.

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 8:05 pm
I personally prefer the red version, but I figured somebody might like it.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 4, 2005, 9:04 pm
The gostek is definitely my favorite part of the mod judging from the screens :P. I can't wait to try this thing out!

Who flung poo
June 4, 2005, 9:53 pm
I'm a big fan of Mega-man playing the first one through X-2 I have downloaded your other Mega-man mod, personally they are one of the best mods i've ever played! I just cannot wait until it comes out.

P.S. The last topic you posted on the 1st page and you tried to show us a picture it does'nt turn up.

Zero72
June 4, 2005, 10:15 pm
I'm glad you liked version 1. If you liked that, you should love this one.

PS: That's peculiar. It's hosted on the same place as the screenshot compilation in the first post.

Ripper.
June 4, 2005, 10:21 pm
its really cool but the knife and chainsaw are to long and doesnt match the other wpns.

caliber
June 4, 2005, 11:33 pm
WOW THIS MOD IS AWESOME, great gosteks and weapons.....BUT...

sorry i dont like megaman and i dont think i ever will..

JiggaBlue
June 5, 2005, 12:00 am
Really nice, but yeah those red bullet look like the ones from Nuzz's DBZ, but I know you didn't rip them him.

Zero72
June 5, 2005, 12:01 am
Huh. Well, that's just the Z-Buster. Raw coincidence.

I suppose I could try to give them a bit more Z-Bustery effect, if it really bothers that many people, but...

Edit: Hey, Dairy... you're right, it is missile, not missle. Well crud, now I feel embarassed.

Oh well, I'm not about to email it to Meandor over again to fix it.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 4:12 am
Wow, Looks cool. That regged interface looks awesome

JiggaBlue
June 6, 2005, 12:40 am
When this gonna be hosted?

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 12:59 am
Try Moonet. Its great =)

xxkelbaxx
June 6, 2005, 2:12 am
I found a cheap way to host it.

Head to gmail.com and log in as:

Username = megamanmod2
Password = Soldat

Download the attachment off of the only email. Be cool and don't delete it =/

Have fun guys

N1nj@
June 6, 2005, 2:22 am
for the registered interface, I suggest you use the megaman "bar-ed" slider like in the unregistered one instead of that gradient thing...

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 2:44 am
The gradient thing was used in the actual X5 interface, so that's what I did...

Edit: Heh heh, I just kinda wanted to show this around a bit. I got kinda bored, so I went into the gostek graphics and customized them into my fan-character.

[IMAGE]

I've also considered making a Vile one, but there really wouldn't be much to it.

i am ahab
June 6, 2005, 2:12 pm
funkeh!
good job you lil blue chappie!

Meandor
June 6, 2005, 3:22 pm
I didn't receive anything.. :\

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 4:50 pm
Mod finally downloadable from Meandor's webspace: www.turrino.com/soldat/MegaManMod20.zip

Edit: It doesn't look like anybody did, but if you tried to download it earlier and it didn't work, try again. Meandor's connection crapped out just before it finished uploading.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 11:38 pm
ooo... nice. im downloading right now.

reckon
June 7, 2005, 6:48 am
Everytime I download it says its corrupt :(

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 6:51 am
Aw, crap. If this is a consistent problem, I'll probably have to re-send it. Gord this is getting to be a hassle.

Well, if that is the case, at least I can fix "Dive Missle."

Shivorken
June 7, 2005, 9:40 am
Yep, same here, file is corrupt

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 4:28 pm
Alright, I'll get a good version to Meandor asap.

Psyl3ntShad0w
June 7, 2005, 4:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by xxkelbaxxI found a cheap way to host it.

Head to gmail.com and log in as:

Username = megamanmod2
Password = Soldat

Download the attachment off of the only email. Be cool and don't delete it =/

Have fun guys

did anyone try from there? because thats what I used and it worked fine. It's a cool mod.

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 4:51 pm
Yeah, I forgot to vouch for him there -- that's definitely the mod, if you actually want to do that to get it.

Glad you liked it. =)

Denacke
June 7, 2005, 5:40 pm
I have mirrored your mod at my webspace, you can find it here:

http://denacke.net/soldat/mods/Zero72/megamanmod20.zip

Enjoy :)

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 7:01 pm
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Also, the download on Meandor's webspace is fixed.

Meandor
June 7, 2005, 8:44 pm
.. hopefully :|

reckon
June 8, 2005, 5:04 am
When your soldier dies, it needs the classic megaman "exploding" sound when he dies. Also the muzzle flashes dont line up.

Zero72
June 8, 2005, 6:40 am
quote:Originally posted by reckonWhen your soldier dies, it needs the classic megaman "exploding" sound when he dies.Try using an explosive weapon or entering /brutalkill. quote:Also the muzzle flashes dont line up.
Hmm, I didn't even really think about trying to fix that. That's a pretty dumb oversight...

Teh Panda
June 8, 2005, 10:00 pm
Mod is kewl, interfaces arent so good.

I will try it :)

Zero72
June 9, 2005, 8:41 pm
I'ma give this thread one last wee nudge. If it's really fated to die so soon after the mod's actual release, I'll let it, but...

Yeah. *scoots away before the calvary arrives*

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 12:08 pm
nice mod..
i should download it soon as possible..

by the way, if u get more mods tell me ill surely come to download them.. :)

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 8:28 pm
Err... Thanks, and ok, but in the future, you really shouldn't bump threads this old.

If you didn't notice elsewhere, this mod is scheduled for a revisal for release with Soldat 1.2.2 whenever that comes out.

- Tek -
August 1, 2005, 9:20 pm
Yes the gosteks look just right, but its would be awesome if you ripped teh megaman face from NES, and used that, would it even fit?

Oh nooes, I post'd in anotehr topik onle a monht oode!

Zero72
August 2, 2005, 8:28 am
quote:Originally posted by - Tek -would it even fit?No, and it would look dumb if it did.quote:Oh nooes, I post'd in anotehr topik onle a monht oode!*mind hurts*